Avicus Archive

Minecraft EULA regarding Avicus by Rivzz July 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

Hello guys! I was considering donating for the gold package but I was concerned about purchasing it with the EULA changes. 

Owen states that : "Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine."

And according to the donation packages the only "Non-Cosmetic" items on the packages are the kits. I was curious if the staff at Avicus were going to change these to something else? Or maybe make it so they are unlockable ingame or something similar to that. Because Owen also states that :

"I
f the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency."

I was just curious, that way I know what changes are going to be made, that way I know what I am donating for! Thanks so much guys!

Arachadonic July 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

I'm hoping we get to keep our exp gain and whatnot. I emailed the team putting my idea forward about how to let donors keep their stuff while being in line with the EULA. Hopefully they read it ^-^

Rivzz July 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

Yes, the Exp gain passes the EULA, because it is purely cosmetic! Nothing to worry about on that topic.

MLGtino July 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM UTC

We've adapted to EULA. I'm sure we'll find more esthetics to account for the loss of kits in our donations.

Dont be shy if you have any recommendations!

smitdalt July 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM UTC

Yes, the Exp gain passes the EULA, because it is purely cosmetic! Nothing to worry about on that topic.
Technically exp isn't purely cosmetic because you can unlock different things in the neb shop by leveling up. May e if everything is available in the beginning for nebula, but you can't give everyone all the kits in nexus :/

Drakeyy July 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM UTC

What is staying and what is going?

If you purchase a rank before august do you still keep your perks?

kycrafft July 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

What is staying and what is going?

If you purchase a rank before august do you still keep your perks?
Donator only kits, xp multiplyers will be removed along with /surface and other donator commands. However, more perks that do not alter gameplay will be added.

Phobiaxx July 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

./join and /trails should still be legal tho.. since its made by avicus, not mojang

ballzi July 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM UTC

tooo much eula spam..

Drakeyy July 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM UTC

Donator only kits, xp multiplyers will be removed along with /surface and other donator commands. However, more perks that do not alter gameplay will be added.
That's perfect, considering I bought emerald solely for surface.

Mojang should have enforced their rules from the beginning, as it's unfair to those who have spent money for these perks.

And before people start going on about it being a donation, it's not really true. It says Shop, not Donations. I love avicus, but I probably wouldn't have spent $50 on here if I knew Mojang was gonna do this. Maybe a smaller amount, but not $50.

I'm not mad at avicus, as I know there's nothing anyone here can do about it, but it is kind of ridiculous on Mojangs part. How do they expect servers to keep running? Honestly, the majority of people wouldn't just donate for fun. At least not nearly as much as they spend for ranks etc. Minecraft is going to lose a lot of its frequent users as servers aren't going to be able to keep running without these payments.

But there's nothing anyone can do about it I guess. Oh wells!

The_Detonator_ July 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM UTC

That's perfect, considering I bought emerald solely for surface.

Mojang should have enforced their rules from the beginning, as it's unfair to those who have spent money for these perks.

And before people start going on about it being a donation, it's not really true. It says Shop, not Donations. I love avicus, but I probably wouldn't have spent $50 on here if I knew Mojang was gonna do this. Maybe a smaller amount, but not $50.

I'm not mad at avicus, as I know there's nothing anyone here can do about it, but it is kind of ridiculous on Mojangs part. How do they expect servers to keep running? Honestly, the majority of people wouldn't just donate for fun. At least not nearly as much as they spend for ranks etc. Minecraft is going to lose a lot of its frequent users as servers aren't going to be able to keep running without these payments.

But there's nothing anyone can do about it I guess. Oh wells!
You may be able to keep ranks that have already been purchased, as well as the perks and benefits that come with them, however, this is not certain yet.

Drakeyy July 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM UTC

You may be able to keep ranks that have already been purchased, as well as the perks and benefits that come with them, however, this is not certain yet.
From what I understand, this is what another server is doing. I think anyways.

If this is the case, that would be awesome. If not, then as I said, there's not a whole lot you guys can do about it anyways.

It's just frustrating all around, I'm sure.

Rivzz July 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

You should be able to keep the perks you've already bought. That is what they said in the official Mojang post. However after August first you can no longer sell non-cosmetic commands! This means that after aug 1st these will no longer be sold in the ranks.

resepignev July 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

You should be able to keep the perks you've already bought. That is what they said in the official Mojang post. However after August first you can no longer sell non-cosmetic commands! This means that after aug 1st these will no longer be sold in the ranks.
So if I understand you right, I can use the xp boost after the 1st August?

jracer15 July 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

I was thinking of getting emrald, so because of this EULA thing, when is the safest time to get it?

resepignev July 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

I was thinking of getting emrald, so because of this EULA thing, when is the safest time to get it?
Today or tomorrow, I think if you can believe the post of 14carfan

TortouseMincer July 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM UTC

Will /surface and /tp in Walls be removed?

UnicornSniper July 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

will the mods no longer be able tp to hackers?

Mooch24 July 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

Mods will definitely still be able to TP. No worries there :D

smitdalt July 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

Everyone can use tp as a spectator, so yes.

Cezbla July 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

You may be able to donate and us avicus has fixed the problem with the kits, exp will stay kits won't which is OK I guess.

kycrafft July 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM UTC

You may be able to donate and us avicus has fixed the problem with the kits, exp will stay kits won't which is OK I guess.
xp mulitplyers cannot stay, as they allow players to unlock kits faster.

Drakeyy July 31, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?

Users may keep the perks they’ve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

Just found that here: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

Maybe Avicus could use some sort of soft currency available through game wins and stuff so that non-ranked players can still purchase these things and people who have already paid for it, can keep their perks.

Arachadonic July 31, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?

Users may keep the perks they’ve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It’s up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

Just found that here: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

Maybe Avicus could use some sort of soft currency available through game wins and stuff so that non-ranked players can still purchase these things and people who have already paid for it, can keep their perks.
I thought of an idea to keep the XP boost. 

"So maybe yous could do the same here, say give the top 100 players on the leaderboard the 1.5 exp multipler, 50 players the 2 xp multipler and then top 10 players the 2.5 xp. That was donors still keep their stuff keeping them happy, players who havent donated are happy because they can get multipliers and Mojang are happy because it fits their EULA."

I thought of an idea to keep the XP boost. 

"So maybe yous could do the same here, say give the top 100 players on the leaderboard the 1.5 exp multipler, 50 players the 2 xp multipler and then top 10 players the 2.5 xp. That was donors still keep their stuff keeping them happy, players who havent donated are happy because they can get multipliers and Mojang are happy because it fits their EULA."
I feel like that wouldn't fit Mojangs demands, as not all donators are top 100, so its not being equal.

I wouldn't mind a soft currency on here. Would give people more drive, imo.

D00ZiE July 31, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

So say if you get a kill in nexus you would be rewarded 5 AviCoins. Then you could save up those AviCoins and buy Pyro for 1000 AviCoins, or something along those lines. That would be really cool :P

So say if you get a kill in nexus you would be rewarded 5 AviCoins. Then you could save up those AviCoins and buy Pyro for 1000 AviCoins, or something along those lines. That would be really cool :P
Exactly. They say donors can keep their perks if other people have access to them too, so why not do it like that? I think it would keep people happy and bring a bit more life into the game.

You could be able to unlock all the different perks like kits, xp boosts, /surface etc.

Cezbla July 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM UTC

last day hope I dont lose my rank because of EULA lol this thing is so screwed up why did they even make it up

Phobiaxx July 31, 2014 at 3:07 AM UTC

yeshyeshyesh..add AviCoins, AviGold or something like that...
like 10nebXP=1AviCoin
15nexusXP=1avicoin
5avicade XP=1AviCoin
dont know about other gamemodes:P
oh... and da twist......... :o if you spend XP for avicoins........ YOU LOSE XP... BWAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAA....
makes it still fun for prestige 5s

Joltz_ July 31, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

To make it clear after reading the posts by Mojang

Can I keep my rank?
Yes

If I buy a rank with perks after August 1st, do I get the perks?
No, Perks change gameplay, which is unfair to other players

Will I still get some perks?
Possibly, It depends if its domestic or for gameplay

Can I still buy ranks?
Yes

kycrafft July 31, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Just make a separate server for donators only in all the gamemodes. The donators will get to use heir kits in that one. And since it is pay2play on that one server, Mojang is happy.

TotallyTotle July 31, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

On (Removed) I had a $200 rank which I will lose. :'(

Polar_Express July 31, 2014 at 2:07 PM UTC

Maybe not - maybe they will just add servers for people with the ranks... I dont think you are allowed to mix rank and not rank when the rank gives perks. I also dont think you can allow people to "earn" kit perks in game if the rank that is purchased gives the same reward. 

So - Any guess on how long Avicus will be down when this all starts tomorrow? I've started player on some other servers, so its not a big deal, just wondering.

Drakeyy July 31, 2014 at 10:07 PM UTC

Maybe not - maybe they will just add servers for people with the ranks... I dont think you are allowed to mix rank and not rank when the rank gives perks. I also dont think you can allow people to "earn" kit perks in game if the rank that is purchased gives the same reward. 

So - Any guess on how long Avicus will be down when this all starts tomorrow? I've started player on some other servers, so its not a big deal, just wondering.

Thats what it says on the Mojang site. So it sounds like it can be earned, while people who have paid for it can keep it.

Deli_Dawg August 1, 2014 at 12:08 AM UTC

EULA= eZ scrubs