Avicus Archive

Avicus Needs players... by OldManTigerMask September 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM UTC

I have been noticing about over the previous months that Avicus is going to very low numbers almost at 20 players at the minimum & 500 at the max...
Avicus can do way better as for in MC ZONE they reached 4 000 players...
The problem is we can't advertise to much other wise we all get banned.

We need to think of something to do to Boost our player number!

Lets think up lots of Ideas to Improve Avicus & get  more players.
Please suggest this will help Avicus stay up in numbers and not go low

Objective: Get more players

Avicus Milestones:

Most goals probably won't be completed
(this is the Milestone Average.)
50 Players (Completed)
100 Players (Completed)
250 Players (Demoted Not Reaching Enough)
500 (Not Completed)
750 (Not Completed)
1000 (Not Completed)
1300 (Not Completed)
1500 (Not Completed)
1800 (Not Completed)
2000 (Not Completed)
2000+ (Not Completed)

Suggestions:

- Advertise on more server lists 
- Get more Videos on youtubes on Avicus!
- Start being more Free with Avicus releasing on Facebook, website & more
- Post on Other Server Forums
- Owner be more active 
- More Updates
- Better Staff
- Sell Avicus
- More Events
- Better Videos
- More Devs

-
-
-
-

1Theodore1 September 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM UTC

Actually avicus has had 800+ players on.

OldManTigerMask September 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

Actually avicus has had 800+ players on.
#_________________________________________________________________________________________________#

O sorry to mention this is the Average amount of players not If we reached it of course We've reached 1000 you know but we have been able to keep a consistent 800+ players on all of the time
our Average is 200 - 250

Please Suggest...

#_________________________________________________________________________________________________#

Iron September 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

Do we need this?

Do we need this?
Iron Soldier i would hope that you would not post that. None of our topics need it but I thought this may  Help avicus improve numbers!

OPTOBAT September 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

i totally agree with you man.. in fact in very recent times we've been peaking at around 150 people tops.... 
But for suggestions i think that Youtube is one way, i am aware that there are many YouTubers playing on Avicus, myself included and i think that if just ONE of us could blow up on YouTube, then Avicus would go viral, i mean if Sky or PewDiePie played Avicus we would gain thousands upon thousands of people, but so far xMinkks has been the only Youtuber tp play Avicus that has reached beyond 10 000 subscribers...

Also maybe our server just needs to be more OUT there kind of thing, like we should try and get it listed on more websites and mentioned on Facebook, which is not quite advertising.. i have been trying to do this through some sites and especially on Youtube (in comments, on videos, etc.)

I am with you, man, if you would like help with anything on boosting the server just contact me anyway you can and id be glad to help!

i totally agree with you man.. in fact in very recent times we've been peaking at around 150 people tops.... 
But for suggestions i think that Youtube is one way, i am aware that there are many YouTubers playing on Avicus, myself included and i think that if just ONE of us could blow up on YouTube, then Avicus would go viral, i mean if Sky or PewDiePie played Avicus we would gain thousands upon thousands of people, but so far xMinkks has been the only Youtuber tp play Avicus that has reached beyond 10 000 subscribers...

Also maybe our server just needs to be more OUT there kind of thing, like we should try and get it listed on more websites and mentioned on Facebook, which is not quite advertising.. i have been trying to do this through some sites and especially on Youtube (in comments, on videos, etc.)

I am with you, man, if you would like help with anything on boosting the server just contact me anyway you can and id be glad to help!
Us as youtubers need to provide Quality work so people would see how quality Avicus needs to be

OPTOBAT September 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

Us as youtubers need to provide Quality work so people would see how quality Avicus needs to be
exactly! I completely agree :)

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Seconds Suggestion: Maybe we should have more tournaments
{--------} If we did We'll have more players trying to play the games 
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

kycrafft September 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Or we could just sell the server to overcast, whatever works.

Robin_DD_J September 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Youtubers.
More developed system.
More staff to take care of hackers so others dont find the gameplay boring.

bigbear380 September 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

yeah I think the problem is not increasing the players the problem is keeping the current players playing

Polar_Express September 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM UTC

I don't really know what is going on, senior staff is leaving, almost no posts from the owner , no updates to think of, other than map updates, no game mode changes / corrections / updates / etc. / way more server population loss than other servers / all and all I would think that the avicus. Network may be on the way out.

bigbear380 September 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM UTC

I don't really know what is going on, senior staff is leaving, almost no posts from the owner , no updates to think of, other than map updates, no game mode changes / corrections / updates / etc. / way more server population loss than other servers / all and all I would think that the avicus. Network may be on the way out.
No :(

rememes September 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM UTC

Omg guys stop offensing Tigermask hes the 1 that made sensex after all!!!!11one

MidnightBeats September 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM UTC

This is a great idea. I love it. But there is other ways to Expand Avicus without Youtube.

Use social networks: such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
You can find many minecraft players using these kinds of networks. Just simply ask them to join.

MLG_Jirafa September 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM UTC

tourney=1000+ players

_MadAdam_ September 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM UTC

I do have a few suggestions that COULD boost the player rate up, maybe a bit or alot. 
Firstly, there could be more staff hosted events with rewards such as a week/month of a certain donation rank or xp on a selected gamemode, whatever suits the host. This idea could help more if there could be roles for event hosts etc.
Secondly, a new gamemode could be made, something that draws in loads of players. We could always do things to boost the player count on gamemodes not used because the only game modes I see used are nexus (loads) the walls (little) and Capture the Hill (rarely peaks up to 15+) Don't get me wrong, it could be my timezone that might impair me from seeing people on these gamemodes. 
Thirdly, this is another thing that could be to do with my timezone, but I don't see much staff on weekdays, there are usuals that I sometimes see (not going to mention any). More staff means that more players that are breaking the rules (swearing, spamming and hackers) could get punished which would result in a less steep decline in players.
I will not take offense to anyone who doesn't agree to these three ways, in fact I will enjoy reading what others think about these three.

S3M3L September 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM UTC

I can honestly tell you guys what the issue is, we are not allowed to have our own opinions and thoughts about anything. If you think of something that has been said before and post a topic about it, you get attacked with posts about how it has been addressed before, if you come with suggestions how something can be improved you are attacked yet again. You are even attacked in-game if you're not a "famous" or "well-known" player, I know the moderators are aware of this but nobody is doing anything about it, that's why Avicus is destroying their own reputation and losing players every day.

Zintenka September 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM UTC

I have a facebook acc. Its Warmartial Zintenka. I dont use it much tho...

Now, how do i make a post about Avicus on Facebook. Because usually, whenever I make a topic. (Was in a Starhawk forums) Ppl like to randomly be jerks and stuff. 

Anyway, here are my suggestions:

Add new and old gamemodes:

CTW: Not sure how this is dead or whatever but A LOT of ppl loved it including myself. I don't know why your not adding it but please listen to the community. 

This probably knocked off 100+ players from the population. 

Skywars: Many ppl loved it. I find it meh... its ok. But this probably knocked off 50+ ppl from population.

Make punishments more lenient: Yeah, i here ppl getting punished for caps lock or excessive infractions. No reason to ban them.

For the caps lock, if they apologize or not, just warn them. If they continue, kick them.

For excessive infractions, just warn them. Say this: "You have too many infractions. One more heavy infraction (kicks or warns dont count) then you will be permabanned. (if they haven't been banned already.)

Listen to ppl's minigame suggestions: 
Ive seen many gamemodes "accepted" but none added. I know its hard to code so I'll leave this alone. 

Sites to advertise on: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, any minecraft server forums. (Except forums owned by servers like oc.tc) 

Be more accepting of TNT: Yeah, this. Many of you are close-minded. (doesn't mean stupid) It means that you don't take easy to change or difference. Your not adaptable. 

C'mon. The time is soon. If we implement a lot of TNT maps, many OCN players will com here too.

Thank you for listening.

ayy September 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM UTC

Honestly I doubt they'd buy it. Avicus is a mess.

RCMP_Mountie September 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

"as for in MC ZONE they reached 4 000 players..."

Any evidence to back up your claim? I haven't seen that much at one time. I'd like to see xP

LeCobalt September 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

MC Zone had thousands of players...

Later came Avicus to upgrade  coughs*downgrade*coughs Mc Zone

ImJeezus September 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

1. McZone has 1,000+ players at peak time.
2. Avicus is a downgrade of McZone IMO, everything has gotten worse, not to be rude.
3. Avicus is a main focus of aesthetics, not gameplay.
There is a lot more reasons why we lost players.

_Phyre September 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Im trying my hardest to release videos that are pretty entertaining... I suggest commentating topics.. For the following:

MLGPorky
OPTOBAT
and some others..

The point is.. To get people attracted to your vids.. you need to entertain.. So i suggest (If possible) to start talking about topics (Which im pretty terrible at)... But im actualy getting sony vegas pro 12.. Not AAE.. :P 

Anyways im gonna try my dankiest!

ImJeezus September 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Im trying my hardest to release videos that are pretty entertaining... I suggest commentating topics.. For the following:

MLGPorky
OPTOBAT
and some others..

The point is.. To get people attracted to your vids.. you need to entertain.. So i suggest (If possible) to start talking about topics (Which im pretty terrible at)... But im actualy getting sony vegas pro 12.. Not AAE.. :P 

Anyways im gonna try my dankiest!
It takes quite a while to grow a youtube channel, chances are the only people who will sub if you are just posting Avicus videos are Avicus people.

Shoto_ September 9, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

1. YouTubing
2. Server lists
3. Word of mouth, I got a total of..... 1 irl friend here. Break that world record.
4. I can set up an unofficial instagram account for it and just use #minecraft and cool picures of the maps.

Sleick_97 September 9, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Hi! and First of all this is my opinion, How do you think they are going to get 2000+ players if the staff keep banning people for doing nothing, and yes I've got banned for client side mods by AviGill wich is not true, DoctaPop banned my friend for kill aura, wich is not true either, I did a ban appeal, took 4 days to get a reponse by the avicus support, and my ban appeal was denied, that's not fair, If they keep banning the wrong people the server is going down... Again this is my opinion, I don't wanna get in problems with anybody and I'm being nice, please and don't tell me ''there is an avicus support e mail'' I know I shouldnt be doing this but I need to say it... so yeah this is my opinion, and sorry for my bad english....

OldManTigerMask September 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

Noo!
That is not what wanna do!

Hi! and First of all this is my opinion, How do you think they are going to get 2000+ players if the staff keep banning people for doing nothing, and yes I've got banned for client side mods by AviGill wich is not true, DoctaPop banned my friend for kill aura, wich is not true either, I did a ban appeal, took 4 days to get a reponse by the avicus support, and my ban appeal was denied, that's not fair, If they keep banning the wrong people the server is going down... Again this is my opinion, I don't wanna get in problems with anybody and I'm being nice, please and don't tell me ''there is an avicus support e mail'' I know I shouldnt be doing this but I need to say it... so yeah this is my opinion, and sorry for my bad english....
No there is a Support Email :I [email protected]

These types of threads will never go away wont they?
Don't be Rude plz

AwesomeDragon404 September 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

hello i hope avicus will get more players but there are too many other servers that are stealing our players i really hope that we get more players

Notalgicular September 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

It takes quite a while to grow a youtube channel, chances are the only people who will sub if you are just posting Avicus videos are Avicus people.
Yet theres still maps like quintios which is literally a box

garsdef September 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

hello i hope avicus will get more players but there are too many other servers that are stealing our players i really hope that we get more players

this

OldManTigerMask September 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Honestly I doubt they'd buy it. Avicus is a mess.
They would if avicus did they'll turn it in to OCN & make it good & popular :D

OldManTigerMask September 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Hire More 
DEVELOPERS :D
to make games quicker!

Dyspa September 9, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

@Ironsoldier100 We really need this.

- Post Avicus in other server forums (I don't think this will work by the way)

OldManTigerMask September 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

JuanoMC I agree with you.
but maybe not the forum part...

BoldAndBrash September 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Now I got too agree with this right here avicus needs more players but not by you 20 subscriber people [No offense] we need people like 100k at least
If we get anyeone and i mean ANYONE from Team Crafted than I quit. We need youtubers like JackSucksAtMinecraft! >:D

SergeantBoom September 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

As soon as a "Team Crafted" Youtuber joins so do their immature subs. Then all we'll see is dood, budder, bacca that's just gonna make it worse.

NO apeals on the forums please...

ayy September 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Sorry for the late response, but that makes no sense and isn't true either.

RCMP_Mountie September 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

I agree with Gibbo, who's the Dev from Avicus that's currently on OCN?

steven5703 September 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

lmaono

vladthegreat100 September 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Me and Porky have a friend at school who has 29 thousand subs, we are currently working to get him to record with us <3

Arachadonic September 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Me and Porky have a friend at school who has 29 thousand subs, we are currently working to get him to record with us <3
Tell him about the YT rank here! He would be super to have :o

Kels September 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

Quality before Quantity

Improve quality of the servers before improving on the player base/player amount.

Sleick_97 September 13, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

No there is a Support Email :I [email protected]
You readed what I said ._. I already did it and its my opinion... all the staff in this server is unfair...

RCMP_Mountie September 13, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

You readed what I said ._. I already did it and its my opinion... all the staff in this server is unfair...
Now if you say "all staff", you've been in contact with each staff member? Care to provide some constructive criticism before saying Staff on Avicus are all unfair?

BourbonBonobo September 13, 2014 at 5:09 AM UTC

Totally agree with the part about advertising: youtube/facebook

-We should make an avicus facebook page

Pelpelajax September 13, 2014 at 5:09 AM UTC

Totally agree with the part about advertising: youtube/facebook

-We should make an avicus facebook page
Well that is going to help.

OldManTigerMask September 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

I agree with Gibbo, who's the Dev from Avicus that's currently on OCN?
WAS not now any more...

steven5703 September 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

WAS not now any more...
Para was never a dev on Overcast -.-

RCMP_Mountie September 13, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

WAS not now any more...
I don't recall any Avicus Devs ever having a position on OCN.

Any proof?

kycrafft September 14, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

Pls funky just sell the server to OCN.

eZ player count increase

Phobiaxx September 14, 2014 at 1:09 AM UTC

eek D: ur banned... that's why I don't see you anymore... I know you don't hack...
but I don't think the staff are unfair...
try appealing again

The_Detonator_ September 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

What?

Emmaye September 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Hire More 
DEVELOPERS :D
to make games quicker!
That doesn't make sense to me at all

OldManTigerMask September 17, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

What Ya Mean

RCMP_Mountie September 17, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

What Ya Mean
None of the Devs on OCN were ever from Avicus right? I'm quite confused...

Apologies for the off topic-ness.

OldManTigerMask September 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

There was ... but gone...
NO NEED TO WORRY NOW :D

mopsistudios September 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

avicus was much better before avicore

The_Detonator_ September 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM UTC

What?

Notalgicular September 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

Para was never a dev on Overcast -.-
That topic is looong gone

OldManTigerMask September 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

No it isn't
Don't be rude

OldManTigerMask September 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

avicus was much better before avicore
Agreed

Kels September 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

If we host tournies on avicus, and we have streamers, then livestreams of people watching will advertise avicus. Not only that, youtube videos of people playing avicus during a tournament would also help.

Da_Baus September 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

TBH Avicus doesn't need 4000 players to make it popular I mean alot of servers only get 10 people at the most.

Mooch24 September 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM UTC

wtf are you talking about

MLGtino September 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

I don't have a reply to this thread that won't get me forum banned.

irex681 September 22, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

The struggle...

The_Detonator_ September 22, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Aha, now, that reply didn't get you forum banned, did it now?

Infivix September 22, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

If we host tournies on avicus, and we have streamers, then livestreams of people watching will advertise avicus. Not only that, youtube videos of people playing avicus during a tournament would also help.
+FREAKING 1. This is exactly what we need and it will help us IMMENSELY.

OldManTigerMask September 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Avicus is now reaching Max of 250
+---------------+
Average: 60 Round > 100

IviFetita September 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Yeah, we need lifestreamers or more youtubers and more developers and map developers :/
It may makes avicus better :/
We need at least have 400+ players at the time (600 is a good quantity)

lukehan2001 September 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Yeah, we need lifestreamers or more youtubers and more developers and map developers :/
It may makes avicus better :/
We need at least have 400+ players at the time (600 is a good quantity)
Avicus used to have like 600 when it was good but during the avicore upadte, it shut down for almost 4 months and almost 50% of the people left.

Camemes September 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Using wanna get forum banned so I'm not gonna reply!

kraken____ September 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

Buy an advertisement on a popular minecraft website. I seen it change a 50 average player server to a 200+ average server.

OldManTigerMask September 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

Ikr 
# REMOVE avicore
+ Old AVICUS

FirstSintax September 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

Ikr 
# REMOVE avicore
+ Old AVICUS
yesh.......... 
i miss mczone

Mooch24 September 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

Ikr 
# REMOVE avicore
+ Old AVICUS
MC Zone was god awful. 

You're a spoiled brat if you just constantly want change. Let me remind you, this is all happening from people who are gaining nothing for working hard for you.

MLGtino September 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

MC Zone was god awful. 

You're a spoiled brat if you just constantly want change. Let me remind you, this is all happening from people who are gaining nothing for working hard for you.
This kid wants change more than fucking Obama.

Stick with what you have. It's not going back to what it was.

MLGtino September 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

This kid wants change more than fucking Obama.

Stick with what you have. It's not going back to what it was.
This wasn't directed at Mooch btw, Im just agreeing with him here.

Backsword September 24, 2014 at 12:09 AM UTC

Ah, I remember the old MC Zone days

RCMP_Mountie September 24, 2014 at 3:09 AM UTC

Avicus used to have like 600 when it was good but during the avicore upadte, it shut down for almost 4 months and almost 50% of the people left.
It shut down for almost 4 months? Where did you get this info?

Dyspa September 24, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

Not another of this threads...

JoseTheSavage September 24, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

First we need IvyCode to clear the lag D:

jojobloblo September 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Wow I just realized I have about 30 IRL friends who play Minecraft but I've been so greedy with Avicus by not sharing it because it's such an amazing server I want it all to myself xD Well I'm on my way to school atm so when I get there I'll share it with em! ;)

AtditC September 24, 2014 at 6:09 PM UTC

1. Open Recycle Bin
2. Right click on MCZone.zip
3. Restore
4. Open a SSH Terminal and reupload the files to the servers.
5. >restart
6. ENJOY

Myv September 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM UTC

Good point.

OldManTigerMask September 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

1. Open Recycle Bin
2. Right click on MCZone.zip
3. Restore
4. Open a SSH Terminal and reupload the files to the servers.
5. >restart
6. ENJOY
AGREE!

Woo!
I'd love that
+------------------------+
     Suggestion:
Is it only me but since Avicore came out the players dropped rapidly?
So... Remove Avicore , Avicus was not in a fix until Avicore. 
+-----------------------

MLG_Jirafa September 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Want me to call big spanish youtubers?

steven5703 September 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Want me to call big spanish youtubers?
yes plz

garsdef September 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Go to Overcast Network, they have better players and game modes, and maps
q:^)

triplezko September 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

Wow hades you randy

IamSUPERMAN2007 September 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

q:^)
q:^D

Mooch24 September 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

those 40 jr mods arent doing much

S3M3L September 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

How should the server handle 250, 500, or even 1000 players when it can't handle over 50 - 100 without lag and timing out players? No, Avicus needs much much work before you even think about milestones.

Iron September 30, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

Actually on weekends for me anyways, Avicus seems too have 300 people average.

Yung_Metro September 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Ive seen more than 800 people on at once...

Sunaye September 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

The day most of the Jr Mods we're picked I had seen more players on then I have in over a month.

OldManTigerMask October 2, 2014 at 6:10 AM UTC

jrl143 > This is the Average
Ruyfilos10 > Umm, keep to topic please

@S3M3L > This server has no lagg for me even when there is 1232 players (back in AVICUs 1.2 not AVICUS 2.0) Avicus is completely Capable. This is not about all about milestones this is mostly about suggesting ideas to make the server grow like MC ZONE / OLD AVICUS, Of course there is some milestones though.