Avicus Archive

Walls Tournament? by GuyNamedRiley November 9, 2015 at 1:11 AM UTC

Hey Everyone! I was just thinking with a couple of friends about an idea. I know that there are official tournies that will occur weekly from now on, but I kind of wanted to kick things off with an idea for a tourney. Basically it will be a Walls Tournament. There will be 4-6 People on each team, and you will play with 3 other teams for each round. 

Right now I'm just trying to get a general interest level in this idea so that I can start the planning for it soon.

So,
Who's interested?

Numberz_ November 9, 2015 at 2:11 AM UTC

I planned one, it got turned down. I'll be glad to help with the organization if you want to host one.

NotGurk November 9, 2015 at 2:11 AM UTC

Me for sure. Do it.

SnowSX3 November 9, 2015 at 2:11 AM UTC

That would be awesome!

ItzAidan November 9, 2015 at 2:11 AM UTC

+1
This would be nice!

GuyNamedRiley November 9, 2015 at 3:11 AM UTC

I planned one, it got turned down. I'll be glad to help with the organization if you want to host one.
I messaged you on skype! Hopefully we might be able to actually do the tournament this time.

PieZ November 9, 2015 at 3:11 AM UTC

I would like to help arrange it if you need any help. I feel that this could be a fun event if this was done right

ClubberNugget November 9, 2015 at 3:11 AM UTC

yes yes yes yes yesssssssssssssssss

yes?

yes.

+1 you are my friend

Monkeys assemble

lgmatias November 9, 2015 at 4:11 AM UTC

id do it

shadowolfyt November 9, 2015 at 4:11 AM UTC

I would stream it!

Coco_stag November 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM UTC

PLEASE! oh, I'm not in a team anymore... that is actually really awkward

kycrafft November 9, 2015 at 7:11 AM UTC

I'd say 4-5 players per team, 6 is too high and 5 is borderline 

If this actually becomes a thing, please ban certain kits (and maybe let teams do a kit veto to make it more interesting, too). 

I mean, I'd do it.

Glesmon November 9, 2015 at 7:11 AM UTC

PLEASE! oh, I'm not in a team anymore... that is actually really awkward
Your own fault

Capenage November 9, 2015 at 8:11 AM UTC

"You know your team has touched the wool when Tazz has an orgasm in TS" - Juano 2015
"You know Tazz is a great rusher when he dies in his own spawn" Danikas 2015
''Here in bad company were besties'' Remy 2015
''We're losers'' Juano 2015

Chief_Hacks November 9, 2015 at 9:11 AM UTC

"You know your team has touched the wool when Tazz has an orgasm in TS" - Juano 2015
"You know Tazz is a great rusher when he dies in his own spawn" Danikas 2015
''Here in bad company were besties'' Remy 2015
''We're losers'' Juano 2015
Wrong post xD

jracer15 November 9, 2015 at 9:11 AM UTC

Yes, yesyes.

GuyNamedRiley November 9, 2015 at 3:11 PM UTC

Glad to know everyone is interested! I will get working on it right away!

GuyNamedRiley November 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM UTC

I would like to help arrange it if you need any help. I feel that this could be a fun event if this was done right
I messaged you on skype as well! Can't wait to start working with you!

Patrikano November 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM UTC

Just to know beforehand, How many people will it be? 4,5,6? And what maps?

GuyNamedRiley November 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM UTC

Just to know beforehand, How many people will it be? 4,5,6? And what maps?

Once we are done the with planning stage of this, we will let you know! Don't worry. However, we can tell you right now that the team size will either be 4 or 5 people.

Patrikano November 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM UTC

Once we are done the with planning stage of this, we will let you know! Don't worry. However, we can tell you right now that the team size will either be 4 or 5 people.

Just to remind you, for the finals you should do the map Springwood which is a  2 team walls map!

GuyNamedRiley November 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM UTC

Just to remind you, for the finals you should do the map Springwood which is a  2 team walls map!
Thanks for the suggestion! I will bring that into consideration when planning this!

kycrafft November 10, 2015 at 12:11 AM UTC

I would suggest Mini Walls, The Village, Vanilla, Garden, and all 3 Tetris maps for the map pool. I also agree with Springwood as the final.

lgmatias November 10, 2015 at 12:11 AM UTC

4 or 5 playing but how many registered?

ClubberNugget November 10, 2015 at 1:11 AM UTC

I would suggest Mini Walls, The Village, Vanilla, Garden, and all 3 Tetris maps for the map pool. I also agree with Springwood as the final.
If village had more iron, id agree, but there is only enough for one dia guy and then the rest are naked.

now that could be an interesting thought though........divvying the armor among the team.....

I also think knights tower would be a good one

jk jk everyone please dont kill me

jracer15 November 10, 2015 at 3:11 AM UTC

I don't know if I would suggest a mini map or all the Tetris maps since they all have the same gameplay.  Since these games will have teams of 4 I think it could play out like the team with the last 2 or 3 teams standing advance.  I advise The Village, The Garden, and another map.  Then Springwood being the final map played.

ClubberNugget November 10, 2015 at 4:11 AM UTC

I don't know if I would suggest a mini map or all the Tetris maps since they all have the same gameplay.  Since these games will have teams of 4 I think it could play out like the team with the last 2 or 3 teams standing advance.  I advise The Village, The Garden, and another map.  Then Springwood being the final map played.
If i had to pick one Tetris map, Tetris Swamp is the best one gameplay wise.

kycrafft November 10, 2015 at 4:11 AM UTC

Well those are the only maps with consistent resources and a general lack of OP items that also have good gameplay.

Midnightstorm November 10, 2015 at 4:11 AM UTC

+1

EnglandIsMahCity November 10, 2015 at 10:11 PM UTC

I've been Waiting for this for sooo long.

Rabona November 16, 2015 at 3:11 AM UTC

Excited to see how this would turn out :D +999

Legoche November 16, 2015 at 3:11 PM UTC

Me and my 5.0 K/D ratio are ready.