Avicus Archive

[Idea] Map idea! by BourbonBonobo March 22, 2015 at 5:03 PM UTC

Hello fellow avicans! I have recently been thinking of a really cool map idea, that I thought could seriously become a real map. So here is the idea:

Remember the map Ravanged? Remember how everyone loved it so much? Well I have been thinking of a map design related to what Ravanged looked like. Does anyone know about Trench warfare? Well in WW1, soldiers dug deep,narrow holes in the ground, and basically did all their fighting from there. I thought that it would be cool if avicus had a WW1 themed map. Basically, the map would have two sides, the Allies, and the Axis. the two sides would be separated by a huge gap, filled with water. Then there will be the trenches. Each trench could have some sort of TNT cannon, and a chest full of red stone materials. The map would allow block placing, and the monuments could be placed in towers, or in underground trenches.. I just thought this would be a cool idea for the map dev's to ponder upon! Hope you guys take this idea in to consideration for a future map!

-Senor

UmbreonMessiah March 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM UTC

This, I really like this idea. I was actually working on something very similar to this, but I had not thought about trenches. It was going to be a huge battlefield like you described, with the monuments in towers, but you would kind of parachute into the battle. I might have to add trenches and TNT cannons too, if that's fine.

BourbonBonobo March 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

Add cobwebs as well! They could be like barbed wire!

UmbreonMessiah March 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

Add cobwebs as well! They could be like barbed wire!
Aha, great idea! Will do.

Beyo March 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

i thoght about some thing its like trees but kinda better

Beyo March 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

2 huge castles 
the mons will be in those castle and you need to find them 
just the team knows were it is

RIP_Avicus March 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

I love this idea but one thing: People (particularly those with relatives who fought in the war) could be easily offended by this.
Apart from that, I think that a good idea would be to have maybe 10 or 11 different trenches, so you can lose/gain ground.

UmbreonMessiah March 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

I love this idea but one thing: People (particularly those with relatives who fought in the war) could be easily offended by this.
Apart from that, I think that a good idea would be to have maybe 10 or 11 different trenches, so you can lose/gain ground.
Well, I wasn't going to use historical names for that reason. I really like your gain/loose ground idea. Will do. Will probably find a way to include your guys' names in it for ideas. :)

BourbonBonobo March 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

Oscar, I'm pretty sure people won't be offended. The war happened over 100 years ago.. but they might :3

kycrafft March 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

Allies and Axis were in WW2

BourbonBonobo March 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

So what? rather have the Germans vs The British?

Zedther March 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

Having names linking towards WW2 might cause some controversy or offend some people :P

kycrafft March 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM UTC

So what? rather have the Germans vs The British?
Well to be politically correct, you could put the Entente Powers vs Central Powers

Sorry if I sound salty, I'm just tired.

BourbonBonobo March 22, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

The Alliance v.s The Entente?

kycrafft March 22, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

The Alliance v.s The Entente?
To be honset I've wanted a map like this map for a while. It would be a nice mix of Close Quarters Combat and Bow pvp. 

I'll stop being salty about the names

BourbonBonobo March 23, 2015 at 12:03 AM UTC

It's all good