Avicus Archive

The End of Nexus Games by Mooch24 June 1, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

At the end of each game, every member of the winning team is awarded experience. This is great for players who are loyal to their team.The problem is countless players abuse it. Donators switch teams in the last few seconds to get the experience.

My idea is this: You will not be awarded experience if you have joined the winning team within the last quarter of the match.
If you have any questions, ask below and I'll be more than happy to answer them :D

Glitchaye June 1, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

+1 pls add

UnicornSniper June 1, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

+1 google plex

San_David June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

I definitely support this. +1!

alexanderjoe June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Support +1, snd maybe they have too get 2 kills?

ViceTechnicolour June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

I support this idea.

goldenwalrus909 June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Ooh, sounds cool :3  The only problem is that if one team is dominating, then the donor can switch teams at about half-time because (s)he knows they're going to win. I feel like a better way to do this is to allow donors to switch and get XP only in the first quarter of the game. I feel like the only reason donors switch or choose teams, anyways, is to be with his/her friends. I have a feeling that the donor isn't going to notice a friend at the last second of the game and want to switch teams for him/her. If you do notice a friend in about half-time, it's only one game, so you can just wait until the next to play. Or you can even try the Goldie tactic of not caring about your stats and switch to have fun with your friend! :3
It might also be a good idea to make a certain amount of kills in order to be able to get awarded XP-- if you don't do anything and you're on the winning team, it's not really fair. I think you should have at least half of the average amount of kills all of the players on your team has. For example, if your team has 50 kills and there are 5 players, you'll need at least 5 kills to get awarded extra XP-- 50/5= 10  10*.5= 5.
I personally think the second way is a lot more fair and logical, but I think both will still work to improve the fairness of the game :3

D00ZiE June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

-1 +2

Mooch24 June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

Ooh, sounds cool :3  The only problem is that if one team is dominating, then the donor can switch teams at about half-time because (s)he knows they're going to win. I feel like a better way to do this is to allow donors to switch and get XP only in the first quarter of the game. I feel like the only reason donors switch or choose teams, anyways, is to be with his/her friends. I have a feeling that the donor isn't going to notice a friend at the last second of the game and want to switch teams for him/her. If you do notice a friend in about half-time, it's only one game, so you can just wait until the next to play. Or you can even try the Goldie tactic of not caring about your stats and switch to have fun with your friend! :3
It might also be a good idea to make a certain amount of kills in order to be able to get awarded XP-- if you don't do anything and you're on the winning team, it's not really fair. I think you should have at least half of the average amount of kills all of the players on your team has. For example, if your team has 50 kills and there are 5 players, you'll need at least 5 kills to get awarded extra XP-- 50/5= 10  10*.5= 5.
I personally think the second way is a lot more fair and logical, but I think both will still work to improve the fairness of the game :3

I like the second idea. Maybe make it less difficult for those who aren't so good at PvP :P

KalinD June 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM UTC

+189564231.

Dyego June 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

why doesn't everyone get XP for playing, the winning team gets more than the others.

kycrafft June 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

^^^^^^^^^^

Phobiaxx June 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

instead of like, the 1st quarter, or last quarter, or that stuff, have it so donors can switch and still get xp within 4 minutes of them joining a match, this way, late joiners can still switch and get xp
and....
+1

Mooch24 June 1, 2014 at 7:06 PM UTC

instead of like, the 1st quarter, or last quarter, or that stuff, have it so donors can switch and still get xp within 4 minutes of them joining a match, this way, late joiners can still switch and get xp
and....
+1
But when you really think about it. Those players, whether they switched teams or just joined, made no contribution to their teams victory.

hpux June 1, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

I think you should need about 3 kills in order to get the exp. That way you can't join at the 5 second mark.

PsychoStoner June 1, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

+1

Phobiaxx June 1, 2014 at 8:06 PM UTC

I like peachy's idea :)

dodgerXyz June 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

Or you could make it so you have to be on the team for the whole match so that only the people that have been playing for the whole game could win it

Phobiaxx June 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM UTC

Or you could make it so you have to be on the team for the whole match so that only the people that have been playing for the whole game could win it

uh, most people join midgame o-o

Lieutenantpants June 1, 2014 at 10:06 PM UTC

If people join mid-game, I don't see what the problem is with them getting XP. I completely agree with the OP however, abuse is always an issue that should be worked proactively against. Either a time amount or kill quantity should dictate whether or not users receive XP at the ends of a match.