Avicus Archive

Why can't staff show evidence of hacking? by Cyrus49 July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

It is in my opinion that staff should be forced to show evidence to the forums, here are a couple of reasons:
1. Why not?
2. It puts the community to rest.
3. Why not?
4. We know that the "hacker" is actually hacking.
5. Why not?
6. The banned player wants to see proof because he might be confused.
7. Why not?
8. It prevents flame wars from starting.
9. Why not?
10. It makes the community question if the staff are abusing their power.
11. Why not?
12. There will be no more posts like this
13. Why not?

Porkyyy July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

NewVoltdrive July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

All hell has broken loose. And I think it's time for me to bring back an old Avicus tradition.

vladthegreat100 July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

That moment when you have more "why not" than actual reasons xD

That moment when you have more "why not" than actual reasons xD
ARE YOU SAYING THAT 'WHY NOT' AREN'T REASONS?!?!?!

Joao_Victor July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

Was my final response not clear enough?
http://avicus.net/forums/ce4c6f385

ARE YOU SAYING THAT 'WHY NOT' AREN'T REASONS?!?!?!
they are not logical or good reasons, it does not prove a point, or at leaste 5 of em don't prove a point, the sixth does a bit :P

The_Detonator_ July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

As a start. Very few people that are banned actually ask for evidence, more just flame on and on about how they are innocent. And uploading videos for every hacker you ban really slows down your internet.

D00ZiE July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

"The evidence is in the mods eyes"

It's not up to the community to decide whether a player is hacking or not.

amen sand Jesus

Cyrus49 July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

As a start. Very few people that are banned actually ask for evidence, more just flame on and on about how they are innocent. And uploading videos for every hacker you ban really slows down your internet.
Cant you use your server Internet :3

JK

Numberz_ July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

Emerald showed the video of my ban a it made everything clear so why not do it for all bans?

Mooch24 July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

Evidence is kept confidential for a reason. It hurts the reputation of a player to see them hacking on a video. In the end, I honestly think limiting the players who view a video the better.

1. Stated above.
2.Although some players may want to see it most of the recorded players want to keep it confidential.
3. Not even going to comment on that.
4. It's not up to you. It's between staff and the accused player. It's not a community issue.
5. I'm just going to begin skipping these questions now...
6. He doesn't need to see it. Some staff send it, some don't. Depends on who the staff member is and what the punishment is.
8. Eh. Not really too big of a problem in all honesty. 
10. If staff abuse, the senior moderators+ are there. They keep a close eye on all staff members and make sure they're fulfilling their duties.

Cant you use your server Internet :3

JK
I don't even know how to respond to a comment as stupid as that.

I said JK at the bottom, didn't you see?

Mods are not more "important" than the rest of the community. Everyone is equal, and all mods make mistakes, I'm sure that dozens of players have been falsely banned by mods, and I am not saying that the mods are not doing a good job, but like I said, mods can make mistakes, and if the banned player will look at the evidence, he can see once and for all what he did (If he did it) which will stop the player from continuing his rant on the forums.

Evidence is kept confidential for a reason. It hurts the reputation of a player to see them hacking on a video. In the end, I honestly think limiting the players who view a video the better.

1. Stated above.
2.Although some players may want to see it most of the recorded players want to keep it confidential.
4. It's not up to you. It's between staff and the accused player. It's not a community issue.
6. He doesn't need to see it. Some staff send it, some don't. Depends on who the staff member is and what the punishment is.
10. If staff abuse, the senior moderators+ are there. They keep a close eye on all staff members and make sure they're fulfilling their duties.
they can send on skype

Mods are not more "important" than the rest of the community. Everyone is equal, and all mods make mistakes, I'm sure that dozens of players have been falsely banned by mods, and I am not saying that the mods are not doing a good job, but like I said, mods can make mistakes, and if the banned player will look at the evidence, he can see once and for all what he did (If he did it) which will stop the player from continuing his rant on the forums.
The banned player should already know what he did.

Your appeal was denied because the Managers saw the evidence...

Do you have something you need to say to us porky....

jk

1. Stated above.
Not the entire community has to see it... just the banned player.
And there is this amazing website called "Youtube to mp4" which let's you take youtube videos and turn them into mp4 files, which can be re-uploaded to youtube on a anonymous account, which keeps the reputation of the player who recorded safe.

Or make a video only showable through a link, and give the link to the player and they can show it to whoever(or not)

Princezz_Dubstep July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

The Staff are trained to detect hackers, if they let the community see the video, everyone will have a rant saying they don't see hacking, and take your side. You're right we do make mistakes, we're only human.
  It's keep confidential, I'm sure more than one Staff Member would look at the evidence. It's not all based on one Staff Members opinion whether they hack or not. They compromise all together.

Also, another thing.
Every time someone who PvP's very well, he/she get's called a hacker, which eventually leads to a ban.
Instead of instantly banning said player, wait another day or so to see if the player is just great at PvP or is truly using hacking.
This gives the player a better chance to not get banned, if he/she is truly not using hacks.

Not the entire community has to see it... just the banned player.
And there is this amazing website called "Youtube to mp4" which let's you take youtube videos and turn them into mp4 files, which can be re-uploaded to youtube on a anonymous account, which keeps the reputation of the player who recorded safe.
I don't understand why you need to see it... All It's going to do is lead to the video becoming viral among the community and everyone will end up seeing it from players leaking it to one another.

Not to be mean or anything but would it be possible to do a ip check? with what I know from my server is that is shows the last ip adress they had and the previous, or has it already been done?

Ok, instead of showing the video, only show it to the player who was banned.
"Or make a video only showable through a link, and give the link to the player and they can show it to whoever(or not)" - Cyrus
^
Listen to him.

Not to be mean or anything but would it be possible to do a ip check? with what I know from my server is that is shows the last ip adress they had and the previous, or has it already been done?
To see if someone else was on the account?

I don't understand why you need to see it... All It's going to do is lead to the video becoming viral among the community and everyone will end up seeing it from players leaking it to one another.
Or the player could keep the link to himself and one of the mods could make the video viewable by link only.

What would be the point of that......
Lol Vlad we're talking about showing a video to a banned player not anything about IP's :P

EDIT : Never mind, i'm an idiot :P

More than one Staff Member(s) saw the evidence, they're trained, they know what to do. They wouldn't just ban you for no reason, I'm sure that more than one Staff Member(s) wouldn't make a mistake together, if they compromised.

Colecrc July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

If a video is linked too the community. A person who is loved by the community, the community would choose to not have them banned eventhough they were hacking. So posting it too the community is a bad idea.

To see if someone else was on the account?
yea, it could be possible he was hacked and he didn't know...

If a video is linked too the community. A person who is loved by the community, the community would choose to not have them banned eventhough they were hacking. So posting it too the community is a bad idea.
Its not posted to the community, For the third time, The banned player gets a link and the video evidence is make viewable only through the link and the player can do whatever with the link.

Its not posted to the community, For the third time, The banned player gets a link and the video evidence is make viewable only through the link and the player can do whatever with the link.
Then we will get post like: LOOK I WASNT HACKING VIDEO EVIDENCE RIGHT HERE ASJDBNAIJSBDKASBDKSABDKSABDKSAJBDASKBDnjk!j!bkj!b!kjb!kjb

yea, it could be possible he was hacked and he didn't know...
He's responsible for his account.

yes... but he cannot control if someone hacks his dang account... if its a different ip it means someone hacked it, if its the same ip its either him or someone went on his account from his own computer... there is a difference from a hack and a joke. 

----------------------------------off topic line--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need to find where the hacker lives I know how to find the persons adress >:D
----------------------------------off topic line ends here-----------------------------------------------------

AndrewJKim July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

I have an idea for this actually. Tell the "hacker" to take a screenshot of this, and then ban them. You should also take a screenshot, just to make sure when they "appeal" with their screenshot, it isn't faulty. This may not be possible with custom/non-gui hacked clients though. :L

That's quite blunt... Some people can't help it if someone they know goes onto their account.
For example, if I were logged in to my Minecraft account (Let's be honest...nobody logs out...) and my brother (for example) wanted to play on it when I was at school (again, an example), he might do some things that I don't want him to do, and I have no control over that whatsoever. 
So yes, I am responsible for my account, but that is not always in our control.

AndrewJKim July 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM UTC

yes... but he cannot control if someone hacks his dang account... if its a different ip it means someone hacked it, if its the same ip its either him or someone went on his account from his own computer... there is a difference from a hack and a joke. 

----------------------------------off topic line--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need to find where the hacker lives I know how to find the persons adress >:D
----------------------------------off topic line ends here-----------------------------------------------------
I will guide you on how to find out a hacker's ip on Avicus!
1. Tell IvyCode to get the ip of the hacker.
2. If he denies, follow through these 2 simple steps until he does.
------
The end.

That's quite blunt... Some people can't help it if someone they know goes onto their account.
For example, if I were logged in to my Minecraft account (Let's be honest...nobody logs out...) and my brother (for example) wanted to play on it when I was at school (again, an example), he might do some things that I don't want him to do, and I have no control over that whatsoever. 
that part would be your fault for letting your bro go on ur account, but I was talking about checking the ip for a hacker on your account, that you cannot control

He should have kept it safe, it's not the Staff Member(s) problem to reconsider a ban just because he was "hacked", we can't bend the rules. Every player must be punished for breaking the rules.

Does your brother know how too install hacks? If not why were they on there?

I have an idea for this actually. Tell the "hacker" to take a screenshot of this, and then ban them. You should also take a screenshot, just to make sure when they "appeal" with their screenshot, it isn't faulty. This may not be possible with custom/non-gui hacked clients though. :L
Long time no see ;)

I will guide you on how to find out a hacker's ip on Avicus!
1. Tell IvyCode to get the ip of the hacker.
2. If he denies, follow through these 2 simple steps until he does.
------
The end.
xD but I can find the exact house of the guy xD I know the exact adress of a few people from it :P

Does your brother know how too install hacks? If not why were they on there?
Please note that I said (for example) like 4000 times :P

The_Detonator_ July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Your account is your responsibility.

vladthegreat100 July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

He should have kept it safe, it's not the Staff Member(s) problem to reconsider a ban just because he was "hacked", we can't bend the rules. Every player must be punished for breaking the rules.
erm............ you probably don't get it... I know a few people (I also know a few programs) which can hack peoples usernames and passwords, if someone gets his login email and password they can play and have hacks on the minecraft from THEIR OWN COMPUTER

Princezz_Dubstep July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

erm............ you probably don't get it... I know a few people (I also know a few programs) which can hack peoples usernames and passwords, if someone gets his login email and password they can play and have hacks on the minecraft from THEIR OWN COMPUTER
Indeed I do understand, there not going to make exceptions for a player using a "Hacked Client", whether there account was hacked or not. His responsibility. Period.

carrie_may July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

tbh, this post makes a point. sometimes some mods are only saying you "hack" without showing the video to you without anyone calling players that you hack. what if a famous or a player with so many friends got banned for "hacking" that you don't want to show it to everyone and you just only show it to your fellow staff? just like what steven said, it is like a person who was arrested not going to the court.  also what happened to one player before which is theodore showed the video to him here that didn't cause any troubles at all. oh another thing, i think they should exempt people who got their accounts being used by another person. one does not simply say that "your account, your responsibility" cause no matter how responsible you are, people can hack or hi jack your account anytime.

Cyrus49 July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Vlad is ip-stalking our clan :3

MLGtino July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I made a post, but then my browser crashed (it was so long I actually cried when it got deleted) .

The point I was making in that was that moderators don't have the time to record hackers. They want to play the game. The amount of moderators and the number of hackers would look really scary as a ratio. Recording hackers will not be happy adding time into the equation. 

Well that's all I rememeber ._.

Indeed I do understand, there not going to make exceptions for a player using a "Hacked Client", whether there account was hacked or not. His responsibility. Period.
ummm... they should because the actual user NEVER USED THE HACKS and it was somewhere else, therefore the person was not breaking the rules but someone else was...

AndrewJKim July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Then we will get post like: LOOK I WASNT HACKING VIDEO EVIDENCE RIGHT HERE ASJDBNAIJSBDKASBDKSABDKSABDKSAJBDASKBDnjk!j!bkj!b!kjb!kjb
Kk, that's one option that can happen. Here are another.

NOTE:
These actually happened on this server and on other servers.

-------------
My little brother came on my computer and did something.
-------------
So, my cat came in the room, and a smart cat he is, he downloaded the hacked client I was using, and then he actually started playing. He was pwning like a boss, and then I found out right when he made my account banned.
-------------
The mods just suck
-------------
The mods were hacking also!
-------------
I was just glitching.
-------------
It wasn't me! I swear, I was lagging as hell.
-------------
My friend has proof I wasn't hacking. You can ask him!
-------------
Kk, bai b****es.

ummm... they should because the actual user NEVER USED THE HACKS and it was somewhere else, therefore the person was not breaking the rules but someone else was...
They won't let an account get away with hacks. Once again, his account. They're not going to make exceptions either way. Unless Porky supports the Staff Team with visual proof of a hacker actually hacking him.

The_Detonator_ July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

There is no type of hack at current which can get someone's password. There are similar ones that go through a dictionary of words and common password, in which case your password was too insecure and your responsibility.

There is no type of hack at current which can get someone's password. There are similar ones that go through a dictionary of words and common password, in which case your password was too insecure and your responsibility.
Either your lying, or howsie really needs to change his password.

Colecrc July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

You know what I love. Is that you said "Oh I wasn't hacking, Its because the TS thought I hacked because I was pwning them". Then you come up with this BS "oh my account got hacked that's why". Well then you should get better protection. I really don't believe that someone in idk Russia hacked your account and download and played with hacks on Avicus, when they could of played on another server oh but he plays Avicus knows the commands etc.

Bye chances of becoming a mod....

Porkyyy July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Lol I was reading carrie_may's post and I found it very true and deep (#Carrie4Mod2014) and as I finish it I see Cyrus saying that Vlad is ip-stalking our clan which just made me laugh :P
It's very true LOL he's saying "hehe 99 you live on ____" lmfaoooo!!

They won't let an account get away with hacks. Once again, his account. They're not going to make exceptions either way. Unless Porky supports the Staff Team with visual proof of a hacker actually hacking him.
omg... if you read the other posts I did the staff can check the last 2 ip adress's s
used... if the latest ip is different with the newer one it means he was hacked...

#Carrie4Mod2014

egg crack

Colecrc July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

omg... if you read the other posts I did the staff can check the last 2 ip adress's s
used... if the latest ip is different with the newer one it means he was hacked...
*Cough* VPN *Cough*

It was the same thing with my Skype, my password was REALLY easy, and insecure. The hacker managed to get into my account. I had to be wise here, it was my account I had all my responsibility on it. I myself had to get it back, and get reference from the Skype Team. It was my responsibility to keep my account safe.

Wow... Cyrus has a really good point...
Wasn't Howsie22 "hacked"?
If so, why do you believe that he was hacked and other everyday players couldn't get hacked?
Not to be rude, but that's quite biased.

*Cough* VPN *Cough*
You actually have a point......
But why would he pay for a vpn (or go through the trouble of getting one) if he knew if he was gonna get banned.

It was the same thing with my Skype, my password was REALLY easy, and insecure. The hacker managed to get into my account. I had to be wise here, it was my account I had all my responsibility on it. I myself had to get it back, and get reference from the Skype Team. It was my responsibility to keep my account safe.
some guy hacking an account with egg crack... there are softwares...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawMDj9zdzY

Wow... Cyrus has a really good point...
Wasn't Howsie22 "hacked"?
If so, why do you believe that he was hacked and other everyday players couldn't get hacked?
Not to be rude, but that's quite biased.
Stay on my page bro 
JK

BOSS_Turtle98 July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I like how this getting hacked story magically appeared out of thin air. I really think you're just grasping at straws at this point.

"They aren't worried about getting banned until it actually happens, and then the panic begins" ~Me

Basically, if they don't want getting falsely banned they should make their password prepared for the worst.

Howsie's password is obviously pinkiepie123. The best way to make a hardcore password: 

Type random crap in notepad.
Save the file.
Copy and paste that every time you want to log in.

Brains.mov

Stay on my page bro 
JK
Cri :'c
I tri.

The Staff members didn't say he was hacked, they WILL do background checks. Therefore, he would've been notified.

Different types of hacks ---> hacking accounts = The Avicus community.

The Staff members didn't say he was hacked, they WILL do background checks. Therefore, he would've been notified.
no mod has told me that they did the ip check so I highly doubt they have checked everything until now

Sorry but they don't have time to do that.

@BOSS_turtle - That was a possibility that we came up with.
Since nobody that I know could have used hacks, me getting hacked was a possibility. Remember, it happened to Howsie.

Riskayyy July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Okay okay.
First of all, there are NO hacked clients that can guess passwords. However, they can scrape all usernames on a specific server, then put them into a program with 100+ common usernames. 

You're not thinking outside the box! There is a technique called "password sniffing"and brute-force attacking". That's how Howsie was hacked. 

Back the the Original Post. Staff are obliged to show evidence to a player if they are contacted privately (Skype). If we were to post evidence of a player hacking on the Forums, were it's seen by everyone; then it'll ruin the players reputation (like Nolan stated before). Also Porky, IP checks only take a few seconds.

Sorry but they don't have time to do that.
Your account not there's, so it's your responsibility to keep it safe. You can't blame them for saying you got hacked, when it's your responsibility. Period.

Okay okay.
First of all, there are NO hacked clients that can guess passwords. However, they can scrape all usernames on a specific server, then put them into a program with 100+ common usernames. 

You're not thinking outside the box! There is a technique called "password sniffing"and brute-force attacking". That's how Howsie was hacked. 

Back the the Original Post. Staff are obliged to show evidence to a player if they are contacted privately (Skype). If we were to post evidence of a player hacking on the Forums, were it's seen by everyone; then it'll ruin the players reputation (like Nolan stated before). Also Porky, IP checks only take a few seconds.
D: from what I understand orky did contact nolan on skype privately and he never gave it... does that mean nolan wasn't doing his job correctly?

Okay okay.

For the fourth time (my fingers are getting tired -_-) The moderator could post a YT video only viewable by link, then the banned person would receive that link and do whatever with it.

Riskayyy July 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

D: from what I understand orky did contact nolan on skype privately and he never gave it... does that mean nolan wasn't doing his job correctly?
Nolan wouldn't be doing his job incorrectly, but I would just question why he wouldn't show it if this was dealt with privately.

No I didn't ask him on Skype but he never wanted to give it in the first place.
(Remember on that one forum thread earlier today?)

carrie_may July 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

No I didn't ask him on Skype but he never wanted to give it in the first place.
(Remember on that one forum thread earlier today?)
This one raise suspicion... Cause i know there's nothing wrong if too many people wants to see it then let them. (Sorry for replying late for this)

Refisio July 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

I know another reason why the staff doesn't show proof to outsiders.

Back at the other network I play on, they used to have their forum set up so that everyone could see Player Reports.
This was a bad thing, because most people would attack innocent players for things they didn't do, protect their friends, even though they were in the wrong, and target players in-game for things that they have been disciplined for.

I personally think it is better that the community does NOT get involved with proof and such, not as to say "F*** YOU" to anyone who has been falsely banned (or anyone who was banned for good reason), but because it's not our job to watch over these things and not our jobs to get in the way of network justice.

./endrant

D00ZiE July 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

"Cause i know there's nothing wrong if too many people wants to see it then let them"

What you are suggesting is ludicrous. So basically what you are suggesting is that if enough players wish to see a video of a player hacking they should ust be able too? Have you ever thought about how embarassing that is to the player? For example, if say...10 people wished to see the video evidence of me using auto-clicker...then they would just be allowed to? carrie, from somebody who has been banned by online evidence I can say that it would be extremely embarassing to have that video of me available for everybody to see. Before you make a suggestion like that think about other people besides yourself.

Colecrc July 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

For the fourth time (my fingers are getting tired -_-) The moderator could post a YT video only viewable by link, then the banned person would receive that link and do whatever with it.
For the fourth time. People can give the YT link and post on the forums. So no don't post it on YT. Horrible idea.

carrie_may July 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

"Cause i know there's nothing wrong if too many people wants to see it then let them"

What you are suggesting is ludicrous. So basically what you are suggesting is that if enough players wish to see a video of a player hacking they should ust be able too? Have you ever thought about how embarassing that is to the player? For example, if say...10 people wished to see the video evidence of me using auto-clicker...then they would just be allowed to? carrie, from somebody who has been banned by online evidence I can say that it would be extremely embarassing to have that video of me available for everybody to see. Before you make a suggestion like that think about other people besides yourself.
Explain about what happened to the player named "thekeycrafter"? He was been banned by theo and he didn't know if whether he's hacking or not and theo just showed it and everyone can see it. So how could that embarrass a person if he/she knows that he/she's not hacking? It will be embarrassing if that player is being a fraud.

D00ZiE July 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Explain about what happened to the player named "thekeycrafter"? He was been banned by theo and he didn't know if whether he's hacking or not and theo just showed it and everyone can see it. So how could that embarrass a person if he/she knows that he/she's not hacking? It will be embarrassing if that player is being a fraud.
I'm saying it is embarassing if they are.

Also, "He was been banned by theo and he didn't know if whether he's hacking or not and theo just showed it and everyone can see it."

Can you rephase that in a more... readable format.

Eklip_Z July 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

What I would recommend is that proof must taken I.E Screenshot or video but it doesn't need to be posted on the forums, just held in a folder. Doesn't take as much time as waiting for it to be loaded onto youtube or other places like that and if players question the moderator, proof is there.

ViolentBoo July 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

This is why I think we should be able to see the evidence:

When I played on game labs (more commonly known as gaylabs) there have been many reports of me hacking and I got banned from that server SIX times. One time there was an incident of me hacking. The mods though I did, but the players didn't. For one thing, the recorders ping was too high. So he thought I was hitting him from when my back was toward him. And what I'm thinking is that the same thing is happening to MLG Porky.

Don't let this be another incident.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gM8MEFSFmo
Another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq7kjD1O6VY

Colecrc July 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

When I played on game labs (more commonly known as gaylabs) there have been many reports of me hacking and I got banned from that server SIX times. One time there was an incident of me hacking. The mods though I did, but the players didn't. For one thing, the recorders ping was too high. So he thought I was hitting him from when my back was toward him. And what I'm thinking is that the same thing is happening to MLG Porky.

You do know that more than one person recorded him right? Also I do have too give MLG probs for being smart about join specs too see if any mod or person that would record him. They all had too go on Alts.

Joao_Victor July 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

It wasn't just me, another moderator, a manager, and even our own Owner. Who agreed on the video.

Colecrc July 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

Guys just stop saying "Oh porky wouldn't do that! The mods must be wrong! TIME TO RIOT"!

Numberz_ July 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

Why is this topic not locked o_0?