Avicus Archive

Staff Spotlight - Fouled by Arigenn May 23, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

Introduce yourself in 4-5 sentences.*
My name is Fouled or most people just call me Sli, which is what I mainly prefer. I'm a normal grade 10 student who enjoys playing sports; mainly soccer (football) & cross-country, hanging out with friends and roasting Ethan. I've been on this server for about 3-4 years and they've been quite interesting at times. My favourite subjects in school are science and phys ed, which is a reason to why I want to be an engineer in the future. My favourite soccer (football) team is Barcelona :^)
*What are you most excited/obsessed over at the moment?*
Nike equipment, mainly shoes. Don't ask lol
*What interests you most in life?*
Music and sports.
*What music/art/media do you like?*
Eh, I don't really have a specific genre of music that I like, but if I had to choose one it would probably be either rap or EDM. For movie genres I mainly like action/adventure/thriller/comedy.
Some recent movies that I've watched are the edge of tomorrow, ride along and deadpool.
*Where are you from?*
Canada, where bagged milk is found
*What are the most common questions you get asked while moderating?*
"How do I apply for staff?" and "Can you check my report?" are probably the most common questions that I get asked, but i'm probably missing some.
Most of the things that people say in-game are usually statements.
*Anything else you want to mention?*
Ethan made me do this

felipu_feliu May 23, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

Fouled is awesome

Arigenn May 23, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

Fouled is awesome

....and flat

Sevoo May 23, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

I guess you can say he got Fouled into this :DDDD

ElementalAssasin May 23, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

OMG ANOTHER BARCA FAN WOOO, and i never knew u were canadian

FrostedCupcakez May 23, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

"I'm a normal grade 10 student..."
You forgot "a normal flat grade 10 student"

You're welcome Sli :^) <3

DaFrozenBlaze May 23, 2016 at 2:05 AM UTC

flatcorn
gj sli

Midnightstorm May 23, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

You forgot to include that you're bad at Slither.io
JK YOU'RE GREAT

Stimulating May 23, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

FrostedCupcakez May 23, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

-Chokes on gummy bears cause LMAO-

Arigenn May 23, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

I had a similar reaction to Jessica.

FrostedCupcakez May 23, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

I had a similar reaction to Jessica.
-High fives Ethan-

Ogrey May 23, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

all of my frowns are dedicated to you

Tazz May 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

it's football

DaFrozenBlaze May 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

it's football
I grew up in a former British colony but I call it soccer LOL

Riilo May 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

it's football
Football is not soccer. Football is Football, and Soccer is soccer. 

FOOTBALL:

SOCCER:

rememes May 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

lets look at the defenitions here

football= using the foot to hit the ball

soccer= a person who does socks idk wtF?

DaFrozenBlaze May 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

Can we not start another war on Football vs Soccer
Different people call it differently
Make a different thread if you want to argue lol, not here on Sli's wonderful spotlight :(

imryaan May 23, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

"what do alpha crates do?"

Fouled May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

it's football
Put football in brackets, you happy now??

DaFrozenBlaze May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

Put football in brackets, you happy now??
Last sentence first para
:)))))

faht May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

ImRaging May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

Football is not soccer. Football is Football, and Soccer is soccer. 

FOOTBALL:

SOCCER:

football: use your foot to hit ball. Logic

whatever that other rugby looking ball is=use hand, to throw ball. should be called handball

op: sli ur flat but cool congrats m8 gl hf

Tazz May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

whatever that other rugby looking ball is=use hand, to throw ball. should be called handball

u smart

Javipepe May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

Nise spotlight with a great dosis of flatball!

ImRaging May 23, 2016 at 3:05 PM UTC

u smart
ty i graduated at the navie seels school for girls there i learn how play football and how to rhythmically solve foot and ball based equations

BoldAndBrash May 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

Handball is already a game, though.

ImRaging May 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

Handball is already a game, though.
yeah ik they can call it handball 2 or some shit

BoldAndBrash May 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

throwball

ClubberNugget May 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

"Whats your favorite sport?"

"Handball 2...."

lol

Jahaj May 24, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Nah American Football is the real deal. NFL! It's been more popular than Soccer for a while in the US, and it will be the most popular sport in the world soon.

Tazz May 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

Nah American Football is the real deal. NFL! It's been more popular than Soccer for a while in the US, and it will be the most popular sport in the world soon.
It's literally only very popular in USA

voidloop May 24, 2016 at 3:05 PM UTC

So true LOL

DaFrozenBlaze May 24, 2016 at 4:05 PM UTC

USA has quite a bit of influence over the world though
Never know

ImRaging May 24, 2016 at 4:05 PM UTC

Jahaj May 25, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Brazil 2014 World Cup: more than 1,000 journalists covered the event.

On the other hand, Super Bowl 46 was covered by 5,156 people.

The commercials: During the 2010 World Cup final, Spanish channel Telecinco, for example, charged between $200,000 and $350,000 per commercial.

On the other hand, a 30-second spot during halftime of Super Bowl 46 could cost up to $4 million.

World Cup record attendance: 68,991

Super Bowl record: 103,985

Daily earnings: Thanks to the sponsors and TV audience, the 2006 Germany World Cup earned $103 million per day.

For its part, the Super Bowl has an average daily yield of $379 million, including commercials and publicity sales.

I could go on, but you have to think about something else. It's a more complicated question than it appears. The Super Bowl is an annual event, while the World Cup is held every four years. That fact tends to de-emphasize the Super Bowl while increasing interest in the World Cup. Super Bowl viewership is quite accurately known, while World Cup viewership can only be roughly estimated. It's not clear either that World Cup viewers sat and watched continuously, as they do with the Super Bowl. Further, the massive viewership often cited of 1+ billion is not from a reputable source, but from FIFA, which has, shall we say, rather a spotty history of honesty. More dispassionate sources put the viewership at 200-300 million - still respectable, but far from the global reach FIFA has claimed.

Also you gotta think of the halftime show man, does the World Cup have anything like that?

BoldAndBrash May 25, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Brazil 2014 World Cup: more than 1,000 journalists covered the event.

On the other hand, Super Bowl 46 was covered by 5,156 people.

The commercials: During the 2010 World Cup final, Spanish channel Telecinco, for example, charged between $200,000 and $350,000 per commercial.

On the other hand, a 30-second spot during halftime of Super Bowl 46 could cost up to $4 million.

World Cup record attendance: 68,991

Super Bowl record: 103,985

Daily earnings: Thanks to the sponsors and TV audience, the 2006 Germany World Cup earned $103 million per day.

For its part, the Super Bowl has an average daily yield of $379 million, including commercials and publicity sales.

I could go on, but you have to think about something else. It's a more complicated question than it appears. The Super Bowl is an annual event, while the World Cup is held every four years. That fact tends to de-emphasize the Super Bowl while increasing interest in the World Cup. Super Bowl viewership is quite accurately known, while World Cup viewership can only be roughly estimated. It's not clear either that World Cup viewers sat and watched continuously, as they do with the Super Bowl. Further, the massive viewership often cited of 1+ billion is not from a reputable source, but from FIFA, which has, shall we say, rather a spotty history of honesty. More dispassionate sources put the viewership at 200-300 million - still respectable, but far from the global reach FIFA has claimed.

Also you gotta think of the halftime show man, does the World Cup have anything like that?

The hell, I didn't know Wrestlemania had a bigger attendance record than the World Cup lol.

Arigenn May 25, 2016 at 2:05 AM UTC

BoldAndBrash May 25, 2016 at 2:05 AM UTC

The best thing Seth has ever done!

JJTheGuy May 25, 2016 at 2:05 AM UTC

The best thing Seth has ever done!
Isn't that the only thing?

@op: Nike, good man. Only thing better than Nike's slogan is Red Bull. (the company and the drink)