Avicus Archive

Have another map making contest? by IcyCode April 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM UTC

Why not have one encouraging players to work with the new Atlas features that will be coming out soon...? So there's a bigger pool of maps to test with.

shadowolfyt April 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM UTC

+1 on this idea!

DaFrozenBlaze April 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM UTC

agreed

Clijmart April 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM UTC

:o

Crimson_Aught April 8, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

hmmm, Avicus rip?
Instructions to XML?

ProfessorUtonium April 8, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

The reason why me and Arigenn stopped this was because we had a lack of map submissions to those contests. We only had 1-2 maps submitted in the last couple of contests.

gobernment April 8, 2016 at 2:04 PM UTC

It's been a while, but I want to host another. Hopefully it can be official, since I'm open to XMLing them for people and making adjustments.

Clijmart April 8, 2016 at 3:04 PM UTC

The reason why me and Arigenn stopped this was because we had a lack of map submissions to those contests. We only had 1-2 maps submitted in the last couple of contests.
Well, I think only I can already submit 5 xD

Wahiz April 8, 2016 at 3:04 PM UTC

I've talked to Arigenn about this like in February and he said that me and him may start it up again when avicus's player count has grown. And by the looks of things it has.

IcyCode April 8, 2016 at 7:04 PM UTC

The reason why so few people entered was because there was a map making contest consistently on. So people got sick of it. As there hasn't been one in some time plus it's with completely new gamemodes, therefore I'm sure it will be popular...

BoldAndBrash April 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM UTC

This might not work, but awhile ago when you guys had a Steam game as a prize, chances are that might get the attention of a lot of people. Let's be honest, nobody really cares about credits anymore.

Clijmart April 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM UTC

Who cares about prizes anyway? I would do it for the fun...

gobernment April 8, 2016 at 9:04 PM UTC

This might not work, but awhile ago when you guys had a Steam game as a prize, chances are that might get the attention of a lot of people. Let's be honest, nobody really cares about credits anymore.
We should make a general post for all events on what should be in the prize pool. Could be an amazon gift card or just a steam game, but it could also be a console code or credits/a rank. There's a lot to see after.

Mehrp April 9, 2016 at 6:04 AM UTC

Perhaps a prize could be determined by the amount of maps/people entering. More maps entered would mean a better prize such as, say, a rank. This would hopefully encourage more people to submit maps.