Avicus Archive

Question about "Spawn Killing" by Joltz_ August 13, 2014 at 7:08 AM UTC

Does Spawn Killing count as going in the actual spawn. or Does the area around it, Like a bridge and the exit count, Because I was kicked for Killing someone on a bridge out of spawn, but I see people killing in Quintus which is called "Spawn Camping" I belive, Are they the same and both punishable? Just a question :P

SnowSX3 August 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM UTC

Spawn killing or targeting is when you attack the enemy in or around their base.
It is not exclusive to just attacking them in their base, the area around counts too.
So to answer your question, yes, they are the same thing and are both punishable.
Hope that helps.

tel6331 August 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM UTC

Spawn killing counts as running into their spawn and killing them as well as waiting a few blocks outside of them and then killing them. This is not allowed and can be tempbanned once a warning has been given. What some people do in Quintus is 'Kill Farming' where they wait in their iron or wait in the rectangular part of them map with the two towers which is ok....To some extent. But if they are imposing into your spawn, any evidence you have is greatly appreciated and can be posted in the 'Player report' section of the forums.

S3M3L August 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

If we take Quintus as an example, you should be allowed to get out and grab iron (or diamond) to armor up in order to defend yourself and your rmonument. Most of the times I play this map, players of one team stand right outside spawn (0 - 3 blocks away) in full diamond armor and kill the other team spawning only in leather armor.

I had this discussion in-game with a few players who thought it's alright to attack right outside spawn when the other team isn't capable to defend themself or even the monument. I did report this twice but no moderator came on and no action was taken, instead I was called stupid and someone who doesn't know anything about the gamerules. :)

kycrafft August 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM UTC

Look you have to allow players a direct route out of spawn. This means most of the pathway on quintus. If you are cutting off their only route, that's spawn camping/killing/kill farming.

Hundres August 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

Spawn killing is when you run into the opponents spawn point and kill them.. Simple as that

BoldAndBrash August 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM UTC

^ No it isnt. You need to give them a clear path out of the spawn.