Avicus Archive

The end is near by IcyCode July 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

Well OCN is about to go and they were a lot  less dead than this server, face it avicus is almost out of the running... Avicus is dying just look lol. I doubt we'll see a Christmas here :(

DaFrozenBlaze July 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

No

SnowSX3 July 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

Proof?

Sevoo July 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

Lmao they were. Then 1.9 happened.

Also, did you even read Apple's post. The reason OCN is done is because they were losing more and more players over the course of 2 years. Also, they were running off of donations and didn't have as much money to keep their big server up. So my guess is it was either be a smaller server or no server, and Apple made the choice of no server. Now that OCN isn't a thing anymore, so many new players are going to come here.

Also nice spam topic but I felt like writing this xP.

IcyCode July 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

We've been losing even more players over the last 2 years. They still get up into the hundreds reguarly, we haven't in AGES. Think back to MCZone when we had well over 1000 players online very reguarly, now we around 50 if that. We have shrank by over 95% since MCZone. And people still say this server isn't dying...

Spoookeh July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

If you feel it's because of our low player counts you're wrong. OCN gradually decreased in players over the course of 2 years whereas Avicus has had a constant player count of 40-100 players for around a year now.

Also: https://mobile.twitter.com/AvicusNetwork/status/754750555600203776

cellish July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

wtf... every1 who plays here rn loves the server and wont leave :) 
And i think it's growing a little bit since i started playing here when i got unbanned för like a half year ago... :D

SnowSX3 July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

We've been losing even more players over the last 2 years. They still get up into the hundreds reguarly, we haven't in AGES. Think back to MCZone when we had well over 1000 players online very reguarly, now we around 50 if that. We have shrank by over 95% since MCZone. And people still say this server isn't dying...
Overcast is a hell of a lot more expensive to run than Avicus.

Last time I asked, financially we were doing fine, where as OCN obviously wasn't. But that's because they had to put a lot more money into their network than we have to with ours.

Although obviously player counts are important, if a server is doing well financially, it'll stay up and if it's not, it'll close-regardless of the player count.

DaFrozenBlaze July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

We've been dying for a year, but we're not dead yet
ffs people like you

Posighdun July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

This server isn't dying, going smaller doesn't mean it's dying. We have been growing recently, and although some of you think that a few players doesn't make a difference, at this stage everything does. This server is still bigger than when it started off 4 years ago. We just need something to really kick start its growth. We are going to be staying around for a long time, I can assure you.

This server isn't dying, going smaller doesn't mean it's dying. We have been growing recently, and although some of you think that a few players doesn't make a difference, at this stage everything does. This server is still bigger than when it started off 4 years ago. We just need something to really kick start its growth. We are going to be staying around for a long time, I can assure you.
Im on that!! Of course Avicus is not going to die!!
We just have to keep up our players and make the server more famousss

Seuthy July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

No one cares about your opinion on what will happen to avicus lol. It's doing fine as it is and the player count has risen slowly but then it went down again and slowly rose back up.
If you strongly think avicus will die, then why don't you leave?

Xuph July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

No one cares about your opinion on what will happen to avicus lol. It's doing fine as it is and the player count has risen slowly but then it went down again and slowly rose back up.

What a nice speach xD

Zintenka July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

Someone give this man a cookie, no an entire box of 'em!

Seuthy July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

Someone give this man a cookie, no an entire box of 'em!
fat americans ftw

DaFrozenBlaze July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

fat americans ftw
Squeaky americans ftw

hi

hasl July 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM UTC

Your username represents my exact first impression of you.

ImNotYourTiger July 18, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

I agree with the Avicus part

That's all I bothered to read

Zintenka July 18, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

TBH, I have to agree with that...

IcyCode July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Ok so if no one cares about my opinion why have you and 10+ players replied to my thread showing it?

and also I have left...

#roasted

IcyCode July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

That's why I have it ;)

ImRaging July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Avicus has had the same amount of players for over a year now. If anythig is gonna kill it it will be atlas but from what ive seen atlas will do the complete opposite

Myworld6 July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

If I had a pound for everytime someone said the server was dying, I'd have enough for a Macbook.

No, the server is not dying. Financially, we're fine. Player wise, we have the same amount that we had last year.

We are not OCN, and posts like this are useless.

JDKL July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Avicus will NOT die. In fact, it seems to be gradually increasing its popularity. Just wait and you'll see :)

_DipperPines July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

Wait wait wait! Let me point out which server survived longer? Bigger isn't always better.

PieZ July 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM UTC

That's why I have it ;)
You state you know so much, even sounding arrogant, yet your biggest reply to people is that you have left the server already. That is why I am having problems taking this thread seriously

imryaan July 18, 2016 at 3:07 PM UTC

What are you gonna achieve from this if you're just being so negative about the server? Seriously...
What are you gonna achieve from this if you're just being so negative about the server? Seriously people put their effort into making this server and you're just being negative about it.. jesus

Just realised i just replied to my own comment instead of editing it :/

lactify July 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

This server has a steady amount of players every day. The end isn't near, Avicus is doing fine.

IcyCode July 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

Avicus will eventually die, and yes it is dying right now but it is possible to change it round even at these late stage and turn it around, put some life back into the server! But that requires 100% commitment from every staff member, they can't just sit around playing games all the time they have to be working on stuff that actually makes a difference. Also those who say threads like this are pointless... They aren't they're creating discussion about revival and if anything show strengths in our community.

DonaldMyTrump July 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

Request lock for spam topic, we already have avicus is dieing and ocn is dead threads.

Seuthy July 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM UTC

Ok so if no one cares about my opinion why have you and 10+ players replied to my thread showing it?

and also I have left...

#roasted
I'm not trying to start an argument but...
A majority of the people replying to the post haven't commented relevantly about it, or had around the same idea of reply.

Also good for you. That part wasn't supposed to be taken seriously

cellish July 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

Avicus will eventually die, and yes it is dying right now but it is possible to change it round even at these late stage and turn it around, put some life back into the server! But that requires 100% commitment from every staff member, they can't just sit around playing games all the time they have to be working on stuff that actually makes a difference. Also those who say threads like this are pointless... They aren't they're creating discussion about revival and if anything show strengths in our community.
Yes of course Avicus will die, but not now, not next year, not in a pretty LONG WHILE...
What should all of the current Avicus players do if Avicus should die or shut down or anything..???!!

NOTHING!!

Almost every single Avicus player plays on this server almost every single time they play minecraft...
Maybe they play some Hypixel, maybe some Badlion... maybe some OCN... Who knows?!?!

But as I know it, the current Avicus players LOVE the Avicus network and WON'T LEAVE AT ALL!!!

steven5703 July 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some asshole at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive. See you on the forums...

ChildBeaterZ July 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

unless the americans let us into their country we will have no avicus because we are the big boys we are the leaders we will bring this server back!!!!!!

Xuph July 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

unless the americans let us into their country we will have no avicus because we are the big boys we are the leaders we will bring this server back!!!!!!

JustBudah July 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM UTC

I swear that you have been posting avicus is dead posts for over the past year. And other then that, are you really this stupid? People have been saying avicus would die 1 year ago, Well wait, how is that possible when I can see even more people playing the server then 1 year ago.

cellish July 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

I swear that you have been posting avicus is dead posts for over the past year. And other then that, are you really this stupid? People have been saying avicus would die 1 year ago, Well wait, how is that possible when I can see even more people playing the server then 1 year ago.
Lol, this is fun, its like every1 against this Salty guy.... -.- ;D

papagoogs July 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM UTC

Avicus is growing, I'm seeing like 30 people in a match now which for my time is good.

vladthegreat100 July 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

If I had a pound for everytime someone said the server was dying, I'd have enough for a Macbook.

No, the server is not dying. Financially, we're fine. Player wise, we have the same amount that we had last year.

We are not OCN, and posts like this are useless.
Actually last year we had more players. Around 100 -150 average :p

Zintenka July 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

Request lock for spam topic, we already have avicus is dieing and ocn is dead threads.
For once, I actually agree with you... :P

MrDogPT July 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

Nice pepe memes

Crimson_Aught July 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

I remembered the story about shepherd boy, who cried "Wolfs"...

Zeusy July 18, 2016 at 11:07 PM UTC

-Do not create topics or posts that provoke or insult other people or groups. 
This purpose of this thread is to provoke community members by stating the server will "die".