Avicus Archive

Will this server thrive or die in 6 months? by SnowSX3 July 22, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

One thing this server never really seems to focus on is long term goals.

I'm curious to know what the community thinks about this server and where it will be in about 6 months. 

Will this server die in 6 months? How will it happen?
Will this server see a permanent player increase in 6 months? How will it happen?

Do you care at all?
Because community involvement, or lack there of, is a telling sign of a server's future.

ytilauxesomoh July 22, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

100% it will not be thriving

Maybe it will still be up but I wouldnt expect more than 5-20 players on at most times or more than like 8 teams in tournaments

AtditC July 22, 2017 at 1:07 AM UTC

This server is immortal. People said it will die 2 years ago and it's still alive.

ogel July 22, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

it's already dead

vladthegreat100 July 22, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

Avicus is like MRE's, Meal Ready to Eat.
They're shit but they last a long time.

Avicus is shit but it will die out one day, slowly but surely from decisions that get made, but not anytime soon imo.

ChertanProject July 22, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

I personally believe that this server will for sure thrive onwards as the decisions the admins are making are extremely beneficial for their development. I'm sure that they will end up as one of the top Minecraft servers in the near future!

Goodnighht July 22, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

If the server decisions that 90% of the community disagrees with keep happening, then Avicus will be dead in the next couple months. I think that most of the regulars that have been here as long as most of us are on the last straw with the server updates, especially more recently. There's polls that ask the community what they want, then that poll gets thrown out and the update still happens, most of the time going against what the vote of the poll was. The most recent topic I can think of is the poll about updating to 1.9+. Thankfully this was listened to, but if you read through the whole post, you can clearly tell that the point of the post wasn't mainly to get an opinion, it was made as a "hey we are doing this at some point, so we are going to make this seem like an option, but we don't really care what you think".
I'm not totally sure that this makes sense, but I think I got the point across.

I think Avicus will survive for a while if the community starts to get a say in what happens. The community is fed up with being told they are getting what they want then not getting it, and at this point if that doesn't stop soon a lot of people are going to leave. Avicus' community is very strong and pretty much everyone knows everyone, but just because we aren't on Avicus doesn't mean that won't survive. Stratus has a bigger, and if we're being real, better server. The only thing Avicus has over Stratus right now is the community, and a lot of Avicus is starting to play on Stratus and playing less on Avicus. It's not hard for a whole community to switch servers and still survive, especially one as small as Avicus'. I think the people in charge of decisions need to realize that and base updates off the community, not development.

thespina July 22, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

I personally believe that this server will for sure thrive onwards as the decisions the admins are making are extremely beneficial for their development. I'm sure that they will end up as one of the top Minecraft servers in the near future!
I agree. I also have high hopes for advertising and the new content creator rank

Posighdun July 22, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

It will still be up. The only way I can ever see Avicus truley dying is if the owners lost interest.

poofywoo July 22, 2017 at 4:07 AM UTC

Lifeboat

hasl July 22, 2017 at 6:07 AM UTC

Depends if enough people are buying ranks

ImRaging July 22, 2017 at 8:07 AM UTC

It wont be dead but it might aswell be

DaFrozenBlaze July 22, 2017 at 9:07 AM UTC

Thriving with 6000 players online
New players every second
Amazing and engaging server, keeps all kinds of players online
A good and capable staff team, experienced enough to handle the server well
Dedicated core of loyal players
Flourishing competitive scene, scrims going on all the time, tournaments always full of support and well organised
Administrators who are extremely dedicated to developing the server, and not just wanting to get non existent revenue from it

lunaceee July 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM UTC

Obviously avicus will live on if we add build battle
Build bqttle solves everything
Build battle carries
Build battle with bash the living fuck outta u shitters
Add build battle to keep avicus alive

rememes July 22, 2017 at 11:07 AM UTC

I hope this is a joke, if you had any idea on what was actually happening behind the scenes of avicus you would realise that 0 original and beneficial decisions are being made. Bad ones are, and it's only a matter of time.
i know ur joking btw

cellish July 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

if the server is gonna keep going in it's current state it will die in 6 months. probs earlier

cellish July 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

It will still be up. The only way I can ever see Avicus truley dying is if the owners lost interest.
which they have?

at least it seems like you just get things that don't improve anything (barely)

Posighdun July 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

which they have?

at least it seems like you just get things that don't improve anything (barely)
If they lost interest they wouldn't even be paying the hosts and the server would be offline.

Tazz July 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

You can't say Kylo is interested.

ImRaging July 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM UTC

You can't say Kylo is interested.
interested in the £30 a year from donations

Colecrc July 22, 2017 at 8:07 PM UTC

can i get a boneless pizza

Clijmart July 22, 2017 at 10:07 PM UTC

I feel like Avicus won't die any time soon, the playercount just bounces up and down a bit, like it's done for ages now.
Like mentioned above, I think Avicus will not die until the ones hosting the server lose interest.
People always say a server is dying when the old players leave, but this is far from true.
Servers grow by getting new players, not by keeping older ones. Ofcourse keeping players is great, but not needed...
Take any server, Hypixel for example, I bet you almost all old players aren't playing anymore, yet they're still growing.
Another example is Mineplex: they are barely getting new players, the current players are mostly ones that have stayed with them for ages. This may be why their playercount dropped this much?

Conclusion:
I don't think Avicus is going to die soon, they just need to get new players interested and (sorry) stop focussing just on the older ones.

Okiba July 23, 2017 at 12:07 AM UTC

can i get a boneless pizza
fuck kinda pizza?

SamuelJacob9 July 23, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

It won't die but it won't thrive lol. This server doesn't get more than 30 people

Rombeyy July 23, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

The answer its RGB, RGB can fix everything

PokerFace July 23, 2017 at 3:07 AM UTC

Maybe not thrive, but I can see Avicus with 50+ players at any given time within 6 months. With the addition of a new owner, there is a bigger of an incentive to develop the server when the owner is a shareholder as well. ALM has already done a few nice updates such as the MVP award and scrimmage reservation system. Hopefully those updates can be tweaked towards the desires of the community.

ChertanProject July 23, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

I hope this is a joke, if you had any idea on what was actually happening behind the scenes of avicus you would realise that 0 original and beneficial decisions are being made. Bad ones are, and it's only a matter of time.
i know ur joking btw
lol of course im joking this server will be ded for sure by september

ChertanProject July 23, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

why is everyone meming in this thread now? we need to keep ALM's hopes high guys. come on say some positive stuff so that he can keep trying to keep this server running

_Nathy July 23, 2017 at 12:07 PM UTC

why is everyone meming in this thread now? we need to keep ALM's hopes high guys. come on say some positive stuff so that he can keep trying to keep this server running
Yeah ALM you can do it! Keep going bro, only 2 or 3 more "Amazing" updates until you lose your entire community!

pcteddy July 23, 2017 at 5:07 PM UTC

Posighdun the owner never even comes on. Well he does but not often . This shows that he only has little interest right now.

Myv July 23, 2017 at 6:07 PM UTC

it won't change, it hasn't changed in the last 6 months in terms of player count so why would it again. It will just stay in its same, quite sorry state.

Mehrp July 24, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

avicus is never going to become what it once was might as well put it to sleep eventually

Clickn July 24, 2017 at 4:07 PM UTC

Avicus will NOT die anytime soon, Sure avicus has low player count  and with Stratus, less people will be coming but with a huge community like this, It will surely thrive. The only reason i can think of Avicus Dying is if they update to 1.9+. Then they will probably die.

paulna July 24, 2017 at 8:07 PM UTC

Avicus will thrive so much all the Hypixel developers will be begging to join our team #soon

NothingMatters July 25, 2017 at 1:07 AM UTC

I used to read this kind of topics on OCN forums, and no, this server won't die even though I uninstalled MC and have no idea about its playercounts. Admins had said a they wanted to keep this server as a "family", at least they did so until I quitted mc. Avicus will eventually die in 1,5-2 years when everyone finally lose their interest in this trash game.

Do you care at all?

I actually don't give a fuck but I opened these forums and wanted to comment some posts.

SnowSX3 July 25, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

I used to read this kind of topics on OCN forums, and no, this server won't die even though I uninstalled MC and have no idea about its playercounts. Admins had said a they wanted to keep this server as a "family", at least they did so until I quitted mc. Avicus will eventually die in 1,5-2 years when everyone finally lose their interest in this trash game.

Do you care at all?

I actually don't give a fuck but I opened these forums and wanted to comment some posts.
Username checks out :P

K_R_Cord July 25, 2017 at 8:07 AM UTC

1 thinkable action could only kill the server to it's demographic. Will it thrive? Even as head of advertising I have to tell you it won't be easy and may have to be up to be calculated luck to give us a spike to "thrive." If anything though it's just setting the server up to make it marketable and then we can raise the counts.

cellish July 25, 2017 at 5:07 PM UTC

probably

LOL

i take ALOT of space L

this must be a meme

imryaan July 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM UTC

interested in the £30 a year from donations
1.7 isnt coming back.
End of discussion

imryaan July 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM UTC

i know ur joking btw
1.7 isnt coming back.
End of discussion

Numberz_ July 27, 2017 at 2:07 AM UTC

Really don't think it will be thriving but who knows. Avicus had good opportunities to increase their player counts when OCN/"OverBoat" shut down, but not a lot was really done.  Now that Stratus is around it will make things more difficult.