Avicus Archive

Refund request by Unidex August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

I bought a rank called "Gold".
And I wanted to know if there is a possibility to refund.

smitdalt August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

I don't think so.

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Probably good idea to email [email protected] with your question if no one can answer you here. Why do you want to refund it though?

resepignev August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Nope! Or you will be banned

Iron August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

There is none

Aydran August 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Nope

Emmaye August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Chargeback is illegal and is bannable, since your already banned for hacks, why would you want your money back. Even If you appealed your hacking ban, you would be punished still from chargeback
Chargeback = Automatic BAN

Myv August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Nope - you could get banned for it aswell.

S3M3L August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

I don't understand why it would be bannable to ask if you can get a refund?

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

He wants a refund because he got banned.
They aren't refundable, just email [email protected] to appeal your ban, that's as far as you can get.

Emmaye August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

I don't understand why it would be bannable to ask if you can get a refund?
Ivy needs to make money and pay for the server somehow, diamond/emerald/gold donors cant just refund easily if they were banned, then no money would be made.

Ivy needs to make money and pay for the server somehow, diamond/emerald/gold donors cant just refund easily if they were banned, then no money would be made.
I understand you and I'm fully aware of the cost of a server and a website, though I don't understand why it isn't enough to just say "No, we don't allow refunds" instead of also banning. He shouldn't have hacked in the first place, but being banned again because you ask for a refund seems a bit over the head.

Notalgicular August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

I understand you and I'm fully aware of the cost of a server and a website, though I don't understand why it isn't enough to just say "No, we don't allow refunds" instead of also banning. He shouldn't have hacked in the first place, but being banned again because you ask for a refund seems a bit over the head.
Its illegal to paypal chargeback, like refunding it yourself.
You can email support, but more than likely the answer will be no

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

They're saying he can get banned for doing a chargeback.

EDIT: Notal said it better at the same time. :3

As I understand it, he didn't do a paypal chargeback. He only asks if there's a possibility of refunds.

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

next time don't get banned perhaps

Notalgicular August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

As I understand it, he didn't do a paypal chargeback. He only asks if there's a possibility of refunds.
Yea, thats not illegal

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Just saying, it isnt illegal to chargeback once you have legit claims, like you never got what you want, or goods not as described etc.

resepignev August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

Just saying, it isnt illegal to chargeback once you have legit claims, like you never got what you want, or goods not as described etc.
It' illegal to chargeback however with legit claims or not. He has to descripe why he wants to chargeback or he will get banned forever.

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

It' illegal to chargeback however with legit claims or not. He has to descripe why he wants to chargeback or he will get banned forever.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-guide
It is not illegal once you have legit claims.

resepignev August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-guide
It is not illegal once you have legit claims.
this is from Paypal, but not from Avicus. Avicus can decide what happen if someone chargeback.

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

What people are trying to say is that the Avicus Network will ban you if you chargeback your donator rank.

Arachadonic August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

this is from Paypal, but not from Avicus. Avicus can decide what happen if someone chargeback.
Yes but it is not illegal... if you have legit claims you are entitled to your money back. If Avicus decide to ban you then for that, well that's their choice and they can do that sure.

ParthDarthVader August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

This is not really avicus we are talking about. Avicus uses buycraft, and it has it's own rules.

i believe you get banned from using buycraft if you ask for a refund.

correct me if I wrong.

Notalgicular August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

This is not really avicus we are talking about. Avicus uses buycraft, and it has it's own rules.

i believe you get banned from using buycraft if you ask for a refund.

correct me if I wrong.
No no no no your getting it wrong.
You get banned form buy craft if you chargeback. theres nothing wrong with asking

Notalgicular August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

Just clarifying, we don't mean illegal like real life laws, we mean by the avicus policy

LeCobalt August 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

Legally, you can refund, but due to the system that Avicus, and as well as many other minecraft server use, you will get banned from every server using this system

Note: This was effective when MC Zone was up, I don't know if it still is

Joao_Victor August 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

No, we don't offer refunds.

vladthegreat100 August 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

refunds are not allowed, it would be a pain to have to go through the whole process to send the money back, and then avicus has around 86 servers (each will probably cost 20$-60$) plus 30$-50$ for the website, and then 10$ or so a year for the avicus site and server custom domain, in 1 month it is a lot of money, so that would be another reason to not give refunds, that is why you don't hack or whatever you did to get yourself banned after donating