Avicus Archive

Why there is a /report command. by vladthegreat100 January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Hey guys! During the past days as I have been moderating I've seen a decent amount of people accusing of hacks in game instead of using the /report command and then arguing with the staff. On this post I shall be telling you all why we have a /report command hoping you guys will learn and evade any infractions for accusing of hacks.

To start off, the /report command is NOT a command to speak to moderators or to use as a joke to report your friends, anybody caught doing this will result in a probable infraction.

First of all, the /report command is meant to report hackers silently, so they do not find out you have figured out that they hack at the same time notifying all moderators online so we can reach them and deal with them appropriately.

To continue on with the last point, /report isn't only for hackers but for any rule breaker (spammer, scammer, team griefer, advertiser, e.t.c.), so if you find any rule breakers please use /report immediately so us mods can stop them.

Finally to finish off, when accusing of hacks in game, let it be on the rules or not, it IS againt the rules, when accusing of hacks in game it allows the hacker to acknowledge that you are onto him and that a moderator might be coming soon so he can toggle his hacked client. When doing this it acts like a form of helping the hacker get away woth hacking and then continuing with ruining everyones game by hacking some more.

In the end, what my point is, please do not accuse of hacks in game and simply type in /report {player name} reason. It will help us moderators a lot and keep the Avicus Network a better place to bond with new people!

Best regards ~vladthegreat100

Tarheelkiwi January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Amen

source_route January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

um i have reported tons of ppl.. they aren't banned.

Dyspa January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

What Source said and also, I think people that hackusate in chat are those kind of people that haven't got to the maturity age yet or they're too young, one of those.
Thanks for this post, it was needed anyway.

Numberz_ January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Thanks for making this Vlad! This was really needed the amount of hack accusing is unreal.

kycrafft January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

I hate it when people say: "I reported you!1!1!11"

It kind of defeats the purpose of the report and could end up helping the hacker, as vald said.

vladthegreat100 January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

@source &juano, you must remember that moderators get hundreds of reports a day, and that most of those reports end up being false, or the report simply needed a warn, reporting people does help us a bunch as we cannot be in every game at once but many reports can end up being false because it looked like they were hacking for a few seconds.
Just want to say thank you for contributing at least to help the staff team as well as the network! :)

MajestysDream January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Beautifully done, Vlad. Thank you for this, it was much needed.

Dyspa January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

@source &juano, you must remember that moderators get hundreds of reports a day, and that most of those reports end up being false, or the report simply needed a warn, reporting people does help us a bunch as we cannot be in every game at once but many reports can end up being false because it looked like they were hacking for a few seconds.
Just want to say thank you for contributing at least to help the staff team as well as the network! :)
I don't there are too many reports for now due to the amount of Jr Moderators we have at the moment.
I already know most of the reports are false because someone looked like a hacked for once but I'm 100% sure people that hackusate are between 8-10 year old so they don't realize what they're doing.
I'm going to end this discussion so that's all the feedback I'm giving tho.

Lavish January 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

Nise men. Well said.

Lucifist January 27, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

Thank you, this was needed. <3

Robin_DD_J January 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM UTC

What Source said and also, I think people that hackusate in chat are those kind of people that haven't got to the maturity age yet or they're too young, one of those.
Thanks for this post, it was needed anyway.
And I'm pretty sure everyone on the forums know ho to use /report

Emmaye January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

um i have reported tons of ppl.. they aren't banned.
Staff members have lives too, so we can't be on 24/7z. Plus, all reports are logged in the system.

Rainstruck January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

The report log was lagging yesterday so hopefully we start to see a little decrease in the number of reports! Thanks for making this Vlad!

Mooch24 January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

As if people on the forums don't know how to do this already...?

Just remind people in game when you feel as if it's needed. Not too big of an undertaking for 40 junior mods.

Joao_Victor January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

As if people on the forums don't know how to do this already...?

Just remind people in game when you feel as if it's needed. Not too big of an undertaking for 40 junior mods.
/report NolanDalton Penis Pusher

Rainstruck January 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

40 JR MODS?!? Lol can't say anything I guess because I am one of them.

Trexychan January 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

Thank you, hopefully people will start to use /report. I am honestly getting sick of people saying "trex hax"

I swear to God, if I had a nickle every time I saw someone say hax, I would be fucking richer than bill gates ten times over. >.>

Porkyyy January 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

This is a very good topic.
If you report someone for hacking, and say "(player) I reported you!" in the chat right after, that player will probably know that a moderator is coming, and turn off their hacks, or stop breaking whichever rule they are breaking.
Saying in the chat that you reported them is a bad idea, so just keep that to yourself. :)

Mooch24 January 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM UTC

Thank you, hopefully people will start to use /report. I am honestly getting sick of people saying "trex hax"

I swear to God, if I had a nickle every time I saw someone say hax, I would be fucking richer than bill gates ten times over. >.>
As I've stated previously, this thread will make no impact.

The forums community is either try-harding constantly for a staff position or they are educated enough on the rules to know what not to do. The majority of players who break the rules never check the forums.

Rainstruck January 27, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Mooch we understand why you may think what you think. We hope to be able to get more people on the forums so we can help promote better gameplay for Avicus. Thank you for your feedback.

Joao_Victor January 27, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

The forums community is either try-harding constantly for a staff position or they are educated enough on the rules to know what not to do. The majority of players who break the rules never check the forums.
+100

MLGtino January 27, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Yee

smitdaIt January 27, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

+Uno

Skquid January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

I'm not sure of this,but can you report others for foul language? Including insult generators and/or racism?  I have been witnessing a lot of people who need to be dealt with for foul language.

smitdaIt January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

I'm not sure of this,but can you report others for foul language? Including insult generators and/or racism?  I have been witnessing a lot of people who need to be dealt with for foul language.
Yes you can, kind sir

resepignev January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Of course! It's swearing in the chat and that's not allowed. Racism is also not allowed...
You can report them at the "Player Reports"-section in the Administration category. Just follow the steps in the sticky topic.

Rainstruck January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Of course! It's swearing in the chat and that's not allowed. Racism is also not allowed...
You can report them at the "Player Reports"-section in the Administration category. Just follow the steps in the sticky topic.
Ditto to what this guy has said! Just post a topic on the player reports section. The staff will help you if needed

Sem January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

This!

MasterProX January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Such is the case with almost all of these kinds of threads, hence why I've never bothered to post any like them...

Mooch24 January 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Mooch we understand why you may think what you think. We hope to be able to get more people on the forums so we can help promote better gameplay for Avicus. Thank you for your feedback.
That goal shouldn't be getting players to come on the forums so they can be educated.

Staff members should promote good behavior and teach players on the rules in-game. The only job for moderators shouldn't be to enforce the rules it should also be to teach players to become rule abiding members of the Avicus Network.

vladthegreat100 January 27, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

That goal shouldn't be getting players to come on the forums so they can be educated.

Staff members should promote good behavior and teach players on the rules in-game. The only job for moderators shouldn't be to enforce the rules it should also be to teach players to become rule abiding members of the Avicus Network.
Hence this post has been made :)