Avicus Archive

Okay, this is not cool. by skellyboi730 February 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

So recently, a good friend of mine who is by the name of - 4lextr - was banned for 'Hacking, Kill-aura, forcefield etc.' he opposes this because he was not hacking. He was banned by a moderator who poorly validated this claim. Before anyone starts shouting at me, ;tell him to appeal!' he did. Only to find that he was denied for something he did not do. This gives me the urge to throw my computer out of the window. I really do hope that this issue gets fixed soon, because 4lextr was in a good team and everything was going smoothly until a poorly-chosen moderator made a narrow-minded, poor-decision to bring this to an abrupt end! Please give a valid reason for what happend. in Alex (4lextr)'s own words he said that 'avicus is a unique server, there is none other like it'. I think that the Anti-Cheat system should surely be checked after this incident.

Kindest regards, WestTidePvP

pope_panda February 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

l o l

piratewithgun February 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

thanks morby :/ I was banned for anti kb and safe aura tho

McFanta_ February 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

He can appeal here https://avicus.net/forums?topic_id=50

DaFrozenBlaze February 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

He wasn't banned by Anti-Cheat, he was banned by a staff member.
He didn't get banned for what you mentioned, Kill Aura and Forcefield etc., he was banned for Safe Aura and Anti knockback.
While the Safe Aura was questionable, the Anti knockback was blatant in the evidence. There is no reason to unban him unless he can prove the given evidence wrong.
Also, please elaborate on how the moderator "poorly validated this claim"

skellyboi730 February 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM UTC

McFanta_ Incase you did not read, He did appeal but was denied for something he did not do.

hasl February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

Firstly the Anti-Cheat does not ban detected players, and I must ask you, "What do you hope to achieve apart from 'shouts at you'?" honestly, let Alex and the moderator included deal with the problem between themselves instead of now making it a public issue. I'd love to see an IP check on you. If there's no video evidence then he should be unbanned.

DaFrozenBlaze February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

Firstly the Anti-Cheat does not ban detected players, and I must ask you, "What do you hope to achieve apart from 'shouts at you'?" honestly, let Alex and the moderator included deal with the problem between themselves instead of now making it a public issue. I'd love to see an IP check on you. If there's no video evidence then he should be unbanned.

"I'd love to see an IP check on you."

I'm sure they are different people, if that's what you mean...

Posighdun February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

As Blaze just stated, he wasn't banned by an AntiCheat. And we are still waiting for any kind of evidence that counters our evidence. If 4lextr can prove our evidence is inaccurate then myself and the other seniors would be more then happy to discuss his appeal again, but so far he hasn't presented anything and we have already done our tests and presented our evidence that suggests the evidence is accurate. Whilst i do question the Safe Aura, the Antikb is very much blatant.

hasl February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

As Blaze just stated, he wasn't banned by an AntiCheat. And we are still waiting for any kind of evidence that counters our evidence. If 4lextr can prove our evidence is inaccurate then myself and the other seniors would be more then happy to discuss his appeal again, but so far he hasn't presented anything and we have already done our tests and presented our evidence that suggests the evidence is accurate. Whilst i do question the Safe Aura, the Antikb is very much blatant.
Have you fully assessed the knockback in all possibilities? Such as minor vertical or any signs of extremely bad ping, this is Avicus knockback we're talking about after all.

skellyboi730 February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

He asked me personally to vouch for him because he is very annoyed.

Have you fully assessed the knockback in all possibilities? Such as minor vertical or any signs of extremely bad ping, this is Avicus knockback we're talking about after all.
Yes we have.

piratewithgun February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

Hey sessp,
How could I possibly counter your evidence? I'm no expert and I honestly can't explain why the anti-kb looks so much like hacks, but I am not done proving the evidence inaccurate.
In the mean time please lock this because I don't see how any good can come out of this.
I really appreciate this Morby but I think people will just argue.

piratewithgun February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

He wasn't banned by Anti-Cheat, he was banned by a staff member.
He didn't get banned for what you mentioned, Kill Aura and Forcefield etc., he was banned for Safe Aura and Anti knockback.
While the Safe Aura was questionable, the Anti knockback was blatant in the evidence. There is no reason to unban him unless he can prove the given evidence wrong.
Also, please elaborate on how the moderator "poorly validated this claim"
so you think i was hacking?

DaFrozenBlaze February 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM UTC

so you think i was hacking?
My words were going off what I see in the evidence, though I am not very if the evidence is reliable or not, considering it's a replay mod.
To be honest I never thought you hacked, I am in no way changing what I think of you and all, just going off what seems like evidence.
I take back my words earlier, I really don't trust the replay mod as evidence, so ignore whatever I said about it being blatant.

Hey sessp,
How could I possibly counter your evidence? I'm no expert and I honestly can't explain why the anti-kb looks so much like hacks, but I am not done proving the evidence inaccurate.
In the mean time please lock this because I don't see how any good can come out of this.
I really appreciate this Morby but I think people will just argue.
Do some testing on another server, record yourself in your point of view and then record with the replay mod, compare both of them and if you find that it is inaccurate then upload it and make an appeal. 

Locking...