Avicus Archive

What, why, how the hell...? by _CubeRoot September 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

My connection to Avicus went from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwWnTxYskNQ&list=UUiTAllfEvygiTybsZKdw6QQ
(215ms)
To this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRQZiHbvR5Q&list=UUiTAllfEvygiTybsZKdw6QQ

Nothing has changed in regards to my internet in this time, anyone know why the hell this is?
EDIT: This has been going on for a month. Do not tell me about my router, it's not.

lazerkamikaze September 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

its because your bad

badgg September 4, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

Sometimes the server's latency fluctuates. Therefore suggesting server-side lag.

Synergic September 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

its because your bad
Your bad for saying that.

smitdalt September 4, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Happened to me too

_CubeRoot September 4, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

Sometimes the server's latency fluctuates. Therefore suggesting server-side lag.
No one else was lagging, and this has been going on for almost a month.

Porkyyy September 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

The server is trying to work with the 1.8 update. Be patient and it will hopefully be fixed soon.

_CubeRoot September 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

The server is trying to work with the 1.8 update. Be patient and it will hopefully be fixed soon.
"...been going on for almost a month."

kobetexas September 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

"...been going on for almost a month."
A month you say... Welp All i can say "Use your resources".. Your ping means nothing, if you take advantage of the 450 ms then you can get a billion kills

:P

lazerkamikaze September 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM UTC

Your bad for saying that.
It was a joke, I know _CubeRoot from somewhere else.....

_CubeRoot September 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

It was a joke, I know _CubeRoot from somewhere else.....
No you don't, you're ugly.

Kappa, ily :P
I'm more interested in why it happened than how to fix it. Fixing it might come with learning about it.

Shadowbladz September 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

No you don't, you're ugly.

Kappa, ily :P
I'm more interested in why it happened than how to fix it. Fixing it might come with learning about it.
have you tried plugging it in and out

JOHN_CENAAAAAAAA September 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Unplug your router, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in and check your ping.  If this doesn't work, repeat with your modem.

_CubeRoot September 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

For real. It's been going on for one month. Not a one time occurrence. It only happens with Avicus. Please don't tell me it's my router or to use it to my advantage, because quite frankly it's not and I can't. Is there anything that has happened, like a host move I'm unaware of or something? I really want to know why the hell this is.

RCMP_Mountie September 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM UTC

For real. It's been going on for one month. Not a one time occurrence. It only happens with Avicus. Please don't tell me it's my router or to use it to my advantage, because quite frankly it's not and I can't. Is there anything that has happened, like a host move I'm unaware of or something? I really want to know why the hell this is.
Avicus is still being hosted in the same location, how do you know nothing has gone wrong with your internet? Might be your ISP and bandwidth.

_CubeRoot September 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

Avicus is still being hosted in the same location, how do you know nothing has gone wrong with your internet? Might be your ISP and bandwidth.
Nothing has changed with my internet, and my connection is still the same to every server other than Avicus.