Avicus Archive

The community removal | #2 by Robin_DD_J October 24, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

Hello,
In our recent Map development meeting have we been discussing a lot of things. And one the things we'd like to introduce is something we call "The community removal". We're doing this to get the community's feedback on maps, if they would like to keep the maps or not.
  This thread will be rebooted every week with 4 new maps!

--------
Last week's results are following:
Fantasy: Remove
Planks: This was removed by Blazikenite because he had people in-game complaining about the map really hard. Please contact a Map developer if you have an issue with this, and don't go crazy on us.
Port town 2: Keep, we might do some slight changes to the monument placement, but do not expect anything.
--------

So, how does this little thing work?

Every week on this thread you will see 4 maps. These maps are being discussed if we should keep or not. Under me you will right now see four different maps. We, Map Developers would like you to share your thought of this map. Do you want this map to stay, or get removed? When you give ur opinion on the map, please do motivate why you think like you do. Maybe we wont have to remove the map and instead make a certain change to it instead! And remember to always put the tag "keep, edit or remove", otherwise we Map developers may not understand ur point and we get confused if you want to keep it or not.

The following 4 maps that will either be removed/stay:

Dust devils

We chose to discuss this map because in our eyes it's too big to provide a good aspect of gameplay.
We also chose this map because the monuments were poorly placed and becomes an extreme stalemate if a defense is set up.

-------
Honeycomb

In our eyes the diamond makes the map very unfair.
We also think that it's very hard to get to the gold blocks on ur own island.

-------
Halcyon

In our eyes the map is way too small, maybe remake it to a competetive version?
We also think that the monument islands are poorly placed and becomes an extreme stalemate.

--------
Teres

In our eyes the map gets rushed way too easy and usually ends in the first 5 minutes.
We also think that the map is too big to provide good gameplay, and people usually end up rushing.

--------

This is when you can make a change, please motivate why you think like you do. Hopefully this will improve and create a better avicus experience.

I'd also like to say that the system will be added for this week, I'm sorry I did not implement it in the last week.

Thank you!

Eteh October 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Keep. However, you can do some slight changes by moving the monument away from the spawn, as the spawn is way too close to the monument. 

Honeycomb  - Keep, however, remove the diamonds. 

Halcyon - Remake it and make it bigger and less stalematey. 

Teres - Maybe make it smaller so that it isn't too big

faht October 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Dust devils:
Change the monument placement. Too close to spawn, really hard to get. Anyways good gameplay. Keep.

Honeycomb:
Keep, good gameplay, people actually defends on this map, too many diamonds. 

Halcyon:
Keep, good gameplay, not too easy to get the monuments, not too hard. 

Teres:
Remove or change, too easily rushed, too big, bad gameplay.

Zegita October 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Really good old map I love it. However monument is a bit tricky to get might wanna move it up some other place

Halcyon - Old, classic really fun map because it's the smallest map it can get stalematey some time but keep it

Teres - Remove, it's too big 3 monuments as well, 2 of them are practically next to each other and the other one is on top of the castle. Also, you only spawn with 16 logs and 32 cobble so it's not that great.

Coco_stag October 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Remove, too big. Has bad monument placing.

Honeycomb  - Remove, boring gameplay. This map just isn't fun.

Halcyon - Keep, Just make it a bit bigger because of no pvp space

Teres - Keep, just a bit smaller

AstroPizza October 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils- Make the monument somewhere easy to defend but not impossible to get. Eg On top of the Iron

Halcyon-Like Zeg said , can be fun but other times it makes me want to go to another map. I think it should be made bigger with the monument on a larger island in specific.

Teres- Oh the nostalgia , as much as i would hate to see it go i would have to agree with everyone else.The gameplay is awful ,  everyone's running around in diamond and flame bows , that's not what nebulas about.

Tynvale October 24, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - I am leaning towards a keep on this one, I gotta admit the monument being behind spawn does annoy me quite a bit.

Honeycomb  - Remove, I find the map boring and not enjoyable.

Halcyon - My favourite map! I would hope this gets kept but it does need a remake which I am pretty happy to volunteer for :)

Teres - The nostalgia is real on this but I don't really enjoy it either. Its just a boring map in general and as Pizza said, "that's not what nebulas about."

zero9178 October 24, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

remove
keep
remove
keep

Iron October 24, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Remove

Honeycomb  - Remove

Halcyon - Keep

Teres - Remove

pope_panda October 24, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

remove teres

kiwi654321 October 24, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Keep this map,the monument is in a very inconvenient position

Honeycomb - Remove bad gameplay,no one likes it overall just a terrible map

Halcyon - Keep nostalgic map by far one of the best maps ever to be on the server,great gameplay. That's a 10

Teres - Keep but just make the monuments harder to get and the map half the size it is now because it's too big and the monuments are too open and easy to break without anyone seeing you which then ruins the fun of trying to get them,this is also a very nostalgic map.

fazer153 October 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM UTC

Dust devils: keep, good pvp based ground map
Honeycomb: Either way is ok
Halcyon: keep, my fav map, voidkills
Teres: Either way is ok

awesome_apricot October 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

Dust devils: Keep! This gives the best gameplay. The flat based, non voided landscape is great. Who doesn't like a 1hr long game where you have to work to win as a team...?
Honeycomb: Poor, remove
Halcyon: Very good map for a bit of a laugh and some fun
Teres: Poor, remove

Robin_DD_J October 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

Im just going to give you all a heads up that it is going to be really hard to make a map like teres small without it looking weird. 
  Basically,  if you want the map edited to make it smaller,  we will simply take that as a remove, as we have other more important things to work on to improve the rotations.

awesome_apricot October 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

Im just going to give you all a heads up that it is going to be really hard to make a map like teres small without it looking weird. 
  Basically,  if you want the map edited to make it smaller,  we will simply take that as a remove, as we have other more important things to work on to improve the rotations.
You can't make a map smaller xd

If avicus had a larger player base and the map was like a 40 vs 40, then it would work. But with such a small and declining player base (HINT KYLO HINT) you can't have big maps. But Dust devils works due to the structures

Legoche October 24, 2015 at 1:10 PM UTC

Dust Devils - Easy stalemate, move monument

Honeycomb  - Remove

Halcyon - More iron, keep

Teres - Remove

ClubberNugget October 24, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Um.....question.....what's the point of this thread when we JUST DID a map reassessment for each server?

I can understand doing this in the future, but....we just went through all the maps....lol

Robin_DD_J October 24, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Um.....question.....what's the point of this thread when we JUST DID a map reassessment for each server?

I can understand doing this in the future, but....we just went through all the maps....lol
Having big reassessments took all maps at once, a lot of people didn't bother to give their opinion on them. Now, we're taking it step by step, and it's working.

ClubberNugget October 24, 2015 at 8:10 PM UTC

Having big reassessments took all maps at once, a lot of people didn't bother to give their opinion on them. Now, we're taking it step by step, and it's working.
Ok gotcha

So have the reassessments just been dropped?

1v1Me_ October 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

All keep! there all good maps and have been on avicus for a while

BoldAndBrash October 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

1) Edit monuments, on top of iron perhaps

2) Edit or remove, bad gameplay IMO

3) Don't edit it anything but the monuments.

4) Keep, remove overpowered flame bows and diamonds

Jahaj October 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Dust Devils - Remove, monuments are too close and gets too stalematey

Honeycomb  - Remove or edit to make gold closer to spawn and/or removed diamonds.

Halcyon - Keep, classic map, but add more iron. Also remember it was removed before and added back after a lot of the community wanted it.

Teres - Keep

Glitchaye October 24, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

the fact that a map being too big is apparently "bad gameplay" appalls me

Sevoo October 24, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Dust Devils: Heavy edit, it's stalemate af. If I were you convert it into CTW and put the wool room where the iron is. 

Honeycomb: Make this islands farther away from each other. All of them. Other than that I love that map.

Halcyon: DO NOT EDIT. If anything, put more iron.

Teres: I would like to see a CTW version of this, with 3 wool rooms. Keep the DTM version, and make a CTW version.

shoop_raton October 24, 2015 at 11:10 PM UTC

Dust Devils - Change monument placement. Games can last forEVER if a decent defense gets made.

Honeycomb - Remove, not a very fun map, full enchanted dia defense isn't very fun.

Halcyon - Remove, map is too small and no pvp space. Add more iron, no dia, or remove.

Teres - Keep, I love the map and it isn't too stalemate-ish.

34th October 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Change monument placement. Games go on for too long and just become boring. Don't remove this map maybe just move the monument.

Honeycomb - Absolutely love this map. It is a great map but remove diamonds. People at diamond defense get annoying!

Halcyon - Either Remove or change it a lot. This map is way too small with no peh veh peh space also please add more iron and remove the diamonds or leave the ones in the middle.

Teres - Keep this map. It is a great stalemate map and it really challenges me sometimes. Absolutely love this map!

PosteGamer October 25, 2015 at 1:10 AM UTC

Dust Devils - Change monument placement.

Halcyon- Keep it, but add more iron.

Honeycomb - Remove.

Teres - Keep,

Robin_DD_J October 25, 2015 at 7:10 AM UTC

the fact that a map being too big is apparently "bad gameplay" appalls me
I could probably explained myself better, I'll keep it in mind next time.

DaFrozenBlaze October 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM UTC

Editing Halcyon and Teres would be really weird.. 
Dust Devils: I actually don't mind the stalemate, the gameplay is usually good. Either delay the spawning or move the mon back, away from spawn. Keep
Honeycomb: Gameplay is just bad, I always avoid it. Remove.
Halcyon: I like this map, though islands could be bigger to prevent kb abuse. But like I mentioned earlier, it would make the map look really weird. Keep.
Teres: Huge map, Mons are easy to get, stalemates are rare, but can happen. It's the mon placement that's a problem. Remove/Edit

iiDarudePvP October 25, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Dust Devils - Remove, too big. Has bad monument placing. Too hard to rush

Honeycomb - Remove, this map just isn't fun & is boring

Halcyon - Keep, defending is fun on this map. Maybe space the islands outs a little and add more islands

Teres - Remove, rushed too easily

Robin_DD_J October 29, 2015 at 10:10 AM UTC

Bumping, still need more feedback before saturday!

Howsie October 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

In my totally unbiased and very educated opinion - Teres is the greatest map of all time, don't you dare touch it.

ImRaging October 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

Dust Devils - Keep, good gameplay,position of monument could be edited

Honeycomb  - Remove, laggy and overall bad gameplay

Halcyon - Keep, but add some more iron. I'd like to see a v2 of Halcyon that's slightly bigger

Teres - Not really good for our player size. Remove.

keller183 October 30, 2015 at 3:10 AM UTC

Removing and editing throwback maps kinda defeats the point of having a throwback server, keep all  *and add Planks back pl0x

Coco_stag October 30, 2015 at 4:10 AM UTC

Robin demoted? Who will host this thread now.

DragonStrong October 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

1) Dust Devils- Keep, change monument placement 
2) Honey Comb- Remove, boring gameplay and whoever gets mid wins
3) Halcyon- Keeps, Make bigger for pvp so not constant bow spam
4) Teres-Keep, make smaller and no flint drops

Robin_DD_J October 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM UTC

Robin demoted? Who will host this thread now.
Not demoted, and sli hopefully

Tazz October 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM UTC

Not demoted, and sli hopefully
I will ask Sli to see if I can host it.

dentmaged October 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM UTC

Planks - Add.

Dust Devils - It's alright, don't really know what to say.

Honeycomb - Remove.

Halcyon - Love that map, good TM map.

Teres - Rushed too much, not a fan of that map.