Avicus Archive

The red x by lactify December 21, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

Why was the red x removed in nebula. It was helpful... 

Also, why is boating disabled.

Did not know of these til now. Does me playing on 1.7.10 affect anything.

rot43 December 21, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

Yeah, that X was nice.

StickilasFanboy December 21, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

What's the red x....

lactify December 21, 2014 at 4:12 AM UTC

What's the red x....
The X on the monuments in Nebula.

Shoto_ December 21, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

I think both should be added back, both were extremely useful.

Numberz_ December 21, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

Yes please this was one thing I liked about the Avicore update. Made rushing a lot easier.

SnowSX3 December 21, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

I don't think it should be added back.
It makes it apart of the experience. Instantly knowing what monument is gone ruins things IMO.

JKawesome December 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

No, it was way too easy to rush with it. When the monument was covered in wood, you still knew where it was. It's more challenging this way, and more fun.

Boating led to horrible gameplay (I shouldn't be saying this since I used to boat sometimes). If a game becomes a stalemate, all you had to do was go down in a boat and break the monument, simple as that.

S3M3L December 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM UTC

I agree with JKawesome, it should be challenging to actually get the monument!

I remember playing Curabitur right after the X was removed and I didn't know about it, I was shifting under the monument thinking "wtf happened to it?! .-." xD

AtditC December 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM UTC

Maybe it caused lag ;)

source_route December 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

its too easy to rush with the red X. On some maps people put one obsidian on the monument, to confuse rushers, but with the red X that wound never work. So, it was a defensive flaw and an high offensive advantage

San_David December 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM UTC

Boating being disabled doesn't really matter too much, considering that you can just make some rails and a Minecart instead.

Upsoar December 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

I do miss the "✖", but I believe they removed it in order to make destroying the monument a bit more of a challenge. There will always be people who completely burry the monument. Now that the "✖" is gone, blocking it up isn't as bad as it used to be (It is still an absolutely horrible idea to cover the monument). As for the removal of boats, minecarts make are a great alternative with only a little less mobility. However, I find stalemates on maps without any iron to be extremely frustrating :3