Avicus Archive

Looking for a new computer! by YourAsian December 27, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Hello,

So have been playing on this crappy laptop for 3 years now and am looking for a new PC. I am looking for PC around $500 to $1800AUD. Desktop or Laptop. So let me know if there are any decent PCs out there that are worth buy

Cheers, iHumptyDumptyi

Wahiz December 27, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

I'd talk to Sevo about this one Corey

YourAsian December 27, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

Ok, Thanks!

DaFrozenBlaze December 27, 2015 at 8:12 AM UTC

I'd talk to Sevo about this one Corey
Talk to Alien

YourAsian December 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

Who Is alien?

Howsie December 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

http://prntscr.com/9izteb

@Umart Milton

YourAsian December 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM UTC

Thanks

YourAsian December 27, 2015 at 8:12 PM UTC

BUMP

AwesomeAdar December 27, 2015 at 9:12 PM UTC

take a MSI Nightblade MI-020EU computer. They are really good

Sevoo December 28, 2015 at 12:12 AM UTC

Any chance you can build it?

Pre-built PCs are overpriced and not fast.

And with that budget we have a lot to work with c;

YourAsian December 28, 2015 at 1:12 AM UTC

Any chance you can build it?

Pre-built PCs are overpriced and not fast.

And with that budget we have a lot to work with c;
Yeah, I just don't know what parts I will need

IndigoHawkins December 28, 2015 at 2:12 AM UTC

Games?
Settings for those games (Low, Medium, High, Max)?
Will you be recording?
Will you be uploading videos?
Will you be streaming?

Here's a Red build I made that you can check out, it goes over you budget just by $30, but I'm sure that can be resolved by removing some parts and replacing them with cheaper ones, while not losing or gaining performance (https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Wasting/saved/HCwBD3)

Sevoo December 28, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

Games?
Will you be recording?
Will you be streaming?

Here's a Red build I made that you can check out, it goes over you budget just by $30, but I'm sure that can be resolved by removing some parts and replacing them with cheaper ones, while not losing or gaining performance (https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Wasting/saved/HCwBD3)
Actually, this is the exact build I was going for! At least with the GPU and processor, the rest is just preference (but Win 8, seriously xD).

Although, if he is recording, I would get a lower budget case, power supply and motherboard to make room for a good performing i7.

YourAsian December 28, 2015 at 3:12 AM UTC

Games?
Will you be recording?
Will you be streaming?

Minecraft and steam games
High
yes
yes
no

YourAsian December 28, 2015 at 4:12 AM UTC

Can someone tell me what I need for a good computer with high FPS?

Mooriie December 28, 2015 at 4:12 AM UTC

Look, first understand computers, then buy one, by just seeing, you can't really tell, watch videos, ALOT OF THEM, learn about computers then go on about building one, smsh, You need a good combination, no bottle necks, research videos about your components, are you doing 1080p, at what refresh rate, @60, or @120, or @144, just do some research plz, you can't trust some of these people, some talk complete trash, and sorry but thats around 30% of all pc builders that try to help.

Sevoo December 28, 2015 at 4:12 AM UTC

Not much. I gave a 800$ CAN build that runs 1.8 at max settings, OptiFine  with a 16x edit and get around 120-300 FPS. 400-600 on 1.7.

IndigoHawkins December 28, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Actually, this is the exact build I was going for! At least with the GPU and processor, the rest is just preference (but Win 8, seriously xD).

Although, if he is recording, I would get a lower budget case, power supply and motherboard to make room for a good performing i7.
Won't be streaming, If he wants for it to look nice, there... But he's not streaming, so I don't suppose an i7 will improve performance by that much.

Sevoo December 28, 2015 at 6:12 AM UTC

Won't be streaming, If he wants for it to look nice, there... But he's not streaming, so I don't suppose an i7 will improve performance by that much.
Makes sense. I would still give a lot less money for some components and upgrade on the GPU or CPU. Seriously, paying 250$ for a mobo is just not necessary . I'm here with a 60$ mobo and I'm doing just fine.

Other than that, very nice build!

IndigoHawkins December 28, 2015 at 7:12 AM UTC

Makes sense. I would still give a lot less money for some components and upgrade on the GPU or CPU. Seriously, paying 250$ for a mobo is just not necessary . I'm here with a 60$ mobo and I'm doing just fine.

Other than that, very nice build!
Oh lol, I built that in US currency first, and it was around 130$ xD for the motherboard