Avicus Archive

YouTuber / VIP Rank! (NEED OPINIONS) by Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 1:08 AM UTC

Hey so I'm sure we all remember the other thread about this, but it was a while ago so I want to ask again.
Is it still 5000 subscribers needed for VIP rank, and 50,000 for YouTuber?

Honestly I was trying to go for this VIP rank for a while now, but at the rate Avicus YouTubers are growing, I don't even know if Avicus will still be around until someone gets 5k; let alone 50,000...

I know a lot of people have complained about this, so I'm just wondering as well...
Could this be lowered to a little bit of a more reasonable amount?

I know a few people that have YouTuber rank on badelion and they have around 5k subs, but obviously as we know badelion is a much bigger server than Avicus.

I think at this point in time (and I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything), I'm probably one of the biggest Avicus YouTubers (active ones at least), and I know that there are a lot of other AviTubers who are dedicated to making videos for Avicus, and they're actually getting some of their viewers to join Avicus (I know that it's happened to me, at least), and I think that these people should have some sort of "reward" (aka a rank) for that.

I know there is a "subscriber minimum" at the moment, but let's be honest.. Avicus doesn't have nearly as many players as it had back in the day, so who knows how much longer it'll last?

Basically.. what I'm trying to say is, either decrease the minimum amount of subscribers needed (to like 3k or something more reasonable), or give the rank to people who constantly make Avicus youtube videos.

Anyways last time nothing was done about this, but who knows; maybe things can change :)

Thanks for reading!

DaGoldBrick August 26, 2016 at 1:08 AM UTC

Js you have insanely inactive subs or you sub botted or some shit

You don't get the views or likes you should be getting with 2k subs

I agree on a sub amount decrease for the rank but active subs based on views and likes should play a bigger role for a rank such as vip

SnowSX3 August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

I agree on a sub amount decrease for the rank but active subs based on views and likes should play a bigger role for a rank such as vip
To be fair, people always get lower view counts in comparison to their sub count.

@OP I agree, I've never seen anyone on this server with a VIP/YouTuber rank, and although it shouldn't be given out to anyone, it definitely should be lowered.

100% agree

DaGoldBrick August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

To be fair, people always get lower view counts in comparison to their sub count.

@OP I agree, I've never seen anyone on this server with a VIP/YouTuber rank, and although it shouldn't be given out to anyone, it definitely should be lowered.

100% agree
I'm aware of that but he averages like 300 to 400 views per video. For 2k you would expect it to be somewhere along the lines of 800 to 1k views or higher.

vladthegreat100 August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

Agreed, should be lowered, and views with subscribers should also be counted as Brick said.
You can always get a certain amount of subs, but once a majority of them are inactive, you aren't doing much of a difference then others with that same amount of views with a lower subscriber count.

Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

For me it's just certain videos that get 200 views or so..
For example most of my Nebula videos get 300+ views

Also there are a ton of bigger YouTubers who have way less views than they have subs
Example1
Example2
Example3
Etc..
But yeah I get what you're saying... but still Avicus is a relatively smaller server and the amount of views I get on each video is always more than how many players are even on avicus at a time.

Humblares August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

Eh

Numberz_ August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

Who cares about the rank tbh? I dont really see it being an issue anymore...

Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

Who cares about the rank tbh? I dont really see it being an issue anymore...
I just like having something to aim for. I don't know, it's just something that would probably want me to make me do more videos on the server.

I don't know if you think the same way; everyone has a different reason though and that's mine.

Jahaj August 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM UTC

I just like having something to aim for. I don't know, it's just something that would probably want me to make me do more videos on the server.

I don't know if you think the same way; everyone has a different reason though and that's mine.
I think staff decided on making the rank 2k subs or something like that, but I don't know where that went. Might have to ask an Admin about it.

Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM UTC

I think staff decided on making the rank 2k subs or something like that, but I don't know where that went. Might have to ask an Admin about it.
Oh I guess I haven't heard of that. If you could check that would be great :)

shadowolfyt August 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM UTC

I wouldn't say you're the most active... But continuing on with the OP. I don't think that this VIP/YouTuber Rank should even be a thing in my opinion. But that's just my 2 cents worth.

Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM UTC

I wouldn't say you're the most active... But continuing on with the OP. I don't think that this VIP/YouTuber Rank should even be a thing in my opinion. But that's just my 2 cents worth.
I didn't say I was the most active. What I meant was out of the relatively bigger ones I am probably the most active (example).

Also just because you're at 300 (congrats on that by the way :P) doesn't mean you don't deserve it. You also make content for Avicus and I think that's great!

vladthegreat100 August 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM UTC

lol agreed. #equality xddd

Here's your 2 cents.

RightSide August 26, 2016 at 6:08 AM UTC

I think this is a good idea because I don't think that that many people would be able to subscribe from Avicus, unless people that don't play Avicus. For example Ocn people or just other people that watch youtube might just like your channel.

LFT August 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM UTC

We had a discussion about this, pretty much we were think 2-3k for Youtuber (or whatever)
and then 10k for Famous but that went bye bye since nothing has happened :c

Zegita August 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM UTC

hmmmmmmmm

DryveGaming August 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM UTC

Yeah I think it should be lowered, or else there really isn't much point in having it considering there's no one close to 10k. Other than porky, I don't even know who the "big" avicus youtubers are... it would be good to have that just to know.

Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM UTC

Yeah I think it should be lowered, or else there really isn't much point in having it considering there's no one close to 10k. Other than porky, I don't even know who the "big" avicus youtubers are... it would be good to have that just to know.
Yeah you haven't been here for a long time but basically at this point, I actually think you're one of the bigger ones too. Most Avicus youtubers have a couple hundred subs.

SamuelJacob9 August 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM UTC

10k for famous is still a thing i think, just we cant get big youtubers to record

ApolloIsFunky August 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM UTC

i am big utubr

i wnt rank pls

Porkyyy August 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM UTC

We had a discussion about this, pretty much we were think 2-3k for Youtuber (or whatever)
and then 10k for Famous but that went bye bye since nothing has happened :c
Oh okay. If you could talk to an admin about it or give me their contact info that'd be great! :)

Porkyyy August 27, 2016 at 2:08 AM UTC

I recently talked to Zeus about this and he'll most likely give me a confirmed answer here, so I'm just bumping a bit so he can see it.

Porkyyy August 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Any updates..?

Murphh August 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Let's face it...there are no VIP/YouTubers playing Avicus with that high a sub count.  Whether it's 2k or 5k or 10k, you might get one player to qualify.

You should rethink what the goal is...to attract more NEW players to avicus. Point blank.

If you want players to continue to give avicus free advertising with content, you should reward them in some way.  A [VIP] rank seems harmless or even a tag like [YT]. Then new players in game ask what it is, so you tell them to watch your channel to see how fun avicus can be.  Maybe it would encourage the new players to stay around longer or share videos with their friends who play mc. 

I think the MEDIA rank has helped with viewership of tournaments on twitch, but now avicus needs to step-up acknowledgement for the many players who create avicus related content and could possibly generate increased player counts for avicus.

In summary,
change the whole concept as "players who support avicus through videos" and give them the [YT] tag.  Avicus currently displays [GOLD] because I gave money... why not reward time and effort.  This would be at least 50 players.  Criteria...made 5 videos supporting avicus.  A place to start...

Porkyyy August 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM UTC

Let's face it...there are no VIP/YouTubers playing Avicus with that high a sub count.  Whether it's 2k or 5k or 10k, you might get one player to qualify.

You should rethink what the goal is...to attract more NEW players to avicus. Point blank.

If you want players to continue to give avicus free advertising with content, you should reward them in some way.  A [VIP] rank seems harmless or even a tag like [YT]. Then new players in game ask what it is, so you tell them to watch your channel to see how fun avicus can be.  Maybe it would encourage the new players to stay around longer or share videos with their friends who play mc. 

I think the MEDIA rank has helped with viewership of tournaments on twitch, but now avicus needs to step-up acknowledgement for the many players who create avicus related content and could possibly generate increased player counts for avicus.

In summary,
change the whole concept as "players who support avicus through videos" and give them the [YT] tag.  Avicus currently displays [GOLD] because I gave money... why not reward time and effort.  This would be at least 50 players.  Criteria...made 5 videos supporting avicus.  A place to start...
Those are all actually very good points, I agree 100% murph

vladthegreat100 August 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM UTC

In summary,
#Inb4AccusationsOfCopyingOCN

Porkyyy August 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM UTC

Okay it's been a few days now... any chance I could get an answer?
Or at least be given the Skype of a Sr.Mod or Admin to further discuss this?

Jahaj August 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM UTC

Okay it's been a few days now... any chance I could get an answer?
Or at least be given the Skype of a Sr.Mod or Admin to further discuss this?
You could join the community slack and talk to them there. :)

Porkyyy August 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

You could join the community slack and talk to them there. :)
Thanks :) but I don't want to join the slack, I've had some problems with it in the past. Anyways I was told I was going to get an answer several days ago but nobody's answered yet :/ If you could ask a senior or an admin, I'd like an answer ASAP since its been a while now.

faht August 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

zeus [10:47 PM]  
There is no vip rank anymore

Porkyyy August 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM UTC

zeus [10:47 PM]  
There is no vip rank anymore
Could I know why it was removed?
Honestly I think it could be beneficial for the server, so I don't know it no longer exists.