Avicus Archive

New map rule???? by Cezbla June 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

Hello Guys, today I was wondering is it just me or is this new rule about your map you can't ask if it is accepted or what not?

I thought this was a foolish rule because I would like to know if my map got rejected or not, if it did get rejected they should just say no it was not accepted if it wasn't but maybe not in rot why can't they just say that it's confusing

I understand that map devs get spammed is my map accepted is it denied is it good is it bad, but seriously what did you expect? Avicus is a big server with a big community and you knew you were going to get spammed by this can't you just block or ignore and get back to the people later?

PS Sorry if I made it sound mean... I'll be glad with anything just this makes more sense ;P

Best regards. Cezbla

ViceTechnicolour June 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

This rule is not yet put into effect as we have to discuss it with the directors, however it happens a lot more than you think. We get spammed over skype, in-game, on teamspeak, even I've been confronted about maps on different servers. The thing is, it's not completely just asking whether it's accepted or denied. It's constantly pestering us to check it out and leave replies and such, which makes us detracted from it. None of the rules are set in stone, but it's like staff applications. Just don't ask so much.

Cezbla June 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

This rule is not yet put into effect as we have to discuss it with the directors, however it happens a lot more than you think. We get spammed over skype, in-game, on teamspeak, even I've been confronted about maps on different servers. The thing is, it's not completely just asking whether it's accepted or denied. It's constantly pestering us to check it out and leave replies and such, which makes us detracted from it. None of the rules are set in stone, but it's like staff applications. Just don't ask so much.
I understand than, but isn't there another way they can do this... I support you guys because evocal and you are my friends so I think you guys can do what ever help's you I guess I was just thinking that there might be a better way of doing this and why is there 2 of you when avicus has like 700000000000000000000 people on it have other like mods or other people help, I think that would be a better way get like izjustforfun and other's like get a Map Director