Avicus Archive

Community Update & The Future Of Avicus by Posighdun May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Recently we have had some leadership changes within the Senior Staff Team, so we thought that now is the most appropriate time to make a community update and inform you all of what has happened and what is to come.

Retirements
Pelpelajax retired from Moderator & Translator.
PieZ retired from Moderator.
Rinn stepped down from Administrator.
Palaemon stepped down from Manager.

Promotions
Posighdun was promoted to Administrator.
Eteh was promoted to Junior Moderator.
Kyoal was promoted to Junior Moderator.
CrazyCreeper_521 was promoted to Moderator.
Palaemon was promoted to Senior Moderator.
Fouled was reassigned to Senior Moderator.

Regarding the manager rank
After discussing it with Ethan we have decided to remove the Manager Rank for various reasons. It won't be returning, the decision is final. We will be tweaking the Senior Moderators roles in the near future to make up for this removal.

Regarding Staff Applications
Staff Applications closed on the 1st of May but we are still dealing with some applications here and there. Please be patient, we hope to have all the responses out ASAP. 

What to except in the future (this month)
- Updating the rules.
- Some gameplay changes :^)
- Possibly a tournament. 
- Small changes to the policies.
- The staff system/structure being redone, to make work more effective.
- Other minor stuff.

As always, the Administrative Team is open to feedback and to opinions on a wide range of issues. Whilst we cannot incorporate every idea and opinion you have, we can take it onboard when we make decisions. We need your support to fix Avicus. If anyone has any queries or concerns please hit me up on Community Slack.

The Administrative Team is very excited for what is to come of Avicus and what the future holds. We hope you all are too :P

Regards,

The Administrative Team (Peter, Ethan & Keenan)

DaFrozenBlaze May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

neato
:)))))))

GrapeSmoothie May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

neato

FrostedCupcakez May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

neato

Stimulating May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

coolpvp

SamuelJacob9 May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

neato, Gratz everyone

Arigenn May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

un-neato

Eteh May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

neat

Xuph May 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

YES
SESSP
YES

but peachy :( ripped :c

im actually quite happy with the promotions demotions this time but peachy ;c

PieZ May 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

<3. Will return in the future if everything goes well. Glad to see we going in a better way. Or you guys now...

DaFrozenBlaze May 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

YES
SESSP
YES

but peachy :( ripped :c

im actually quite happy with the promotions demotions this time but peachy ;c
He just retired from Admin... he is still senior :/

Camemes May 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

Neato

28cheetah May 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

He just retired from Admin... he is still senior :/
He's still a staff member. Nothing changed accept that tag next to his name. ;3

Midnightstorm May 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

neato

ImRaging May 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

Neeeaaaaat

O

LFT May 8, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

Neato!

AstroPizza May 8, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

Neato!

Crimson_Aught May 8, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

Wow
P.S. Will be redone? Again? Lol

Robin_DD_J May 8, 2016 at 7:05 AM UTC

I should have been in that demotion list ;)

Myworld6 May 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

Neato neato neato. =D

EncryptedShoesHD May 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

Neato! =D

SnowSX3 May 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

Promising start! Looking forward to the next few weeks :D

Javipepe May 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

Neatttttt oh

voidloop May 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

YES! Finally!

Indicado May 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM UTC

ok

Protel May 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

Wow
P.S. Will be redone? Again? Lol
Redone to make sure it's completely sensible, and more organized than what we've created thus far.

joelous May 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

I would say "neato" but I really don't like seeing:
> Change in staff structure/system

Seen it 1000 times, and when has it actually been effective? If it is, it's usually reverted soon after. 

Okiba May 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

Neato Cheetos

lordteddey May 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM UTC

Good shit, I remember the days where I was mentoring you. Ah, the feels. Keep doing what you're doing Sesspe.

Posighdun May 8, 2016 at 12:05 PM UTC

I would say "neato" but I really don't like seeing:
> Change in staff structure/system

Seen it 1000 times, and when has it actually been effective? If it is, it's usually reverted soon after. 
I want to change the staff structure so that we can make stronger decisions and stop reverting things. It's quite obvious that the current structure is not working.

Bloodoh May 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM UTC

congrats sessp, also Eteh too!

ImNotYourTiger May 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM UTC

Mmk

felipu_feliu May 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM UTC

Looking foward for it, but I think you guys should work a bit more on advertising the server. But the changes and upcoming things are really cool!

Thrasilias May 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM UTC

» Retirements  «
» Pelpelajax
» PieZ
» Rinn
» Palaemon

» Promotions «
» Sessp
» Eteh
» Kyoal
» CrazyCreeper_521
» Palaemon
» Fouled

Howsie May 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM UTC

Not sure why you're all excited about these 'changes' when they're not even actual changes. Just swapping stuff out and announcing things are going to get better. There is no evidence here that any progress has been made...yet

nickzulu3 May 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM UTC

neet-O

BoldAndBrash May 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM UTC

» Retirements  «
» Pelpelajax
» PieZ
» Rinn
» Palaemon

» Promotions «
» Sessp
» Eteh
» Kyoal
» CrazyCreeper_521
» Palaemon
» Fouled
Thanks, but that's already in the OP.

Crimson_Aught May 8, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

Wooooow, it is soooo... Wait, nothing changed. 
Congrats ;->

PieZ May 8, 2016 at 6:05 PM UTC

I'll be back my brothers. Once shit gets fixed and I have more time

Wahiz May 8, 2016 at 7:05 PM UTC

ajajajjajajja

Jahaj May 8, 2016 at 7:05 PM UTC

» Retirements  «
» Pelpelajax
» PieZ
» Rinn
» Palaemon

» Promotions «
» Sessp
» Eteh
» Kyoal
» CrazyCreeper_521
» Palaemon
» Fouled
Retirements not demotions. That makes it sound harsh.

Pelpelajax May 8, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

I'll be back my brothers. Once shit gets fixed and I have more time
Makes two of us.

DaFrozenBlaze May 8, 2016 at 11:05 PM UTC

Retirements not demotions. That makes it sound harsh.
The post itself stated demotions lol

Colecrc May 10, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

is this a prank?

DaFrozenBlaze May 10, 2016 at 5:05 AM UTC

is this a prank?
Nahhh

MidnightBeats May 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

yay

ImNotYourTiger May 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

is this a prank?
Do you see a camera anywhere Sherlock?

Arigenn May 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Do you see a camera anywhere Sherlock?
I love you

Goodnighht May 11, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Neato :D

Wahiz May 11, 2016 at 2:05 PM UTC

Amusing.

Iron May 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

I forgot to add, Ethan made himself official because he wanted too. He threatened us managers because we voiced our opinions. He also worked completely by himself not even asking his fellow Admin for help. In fact this sessp fellow was more involved in administrative work then the managers and admins combined. To which I say, "sucking up." Also, don't forget everyone sessp is the same person who got himself ddosed for a few weeks,for being a nosey Tom. Finally, your Admin sessp has such terrible grammar I cringed. Twice.

Crimson_Aught May 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

Lol, they censored Iron. gg
Edit: but he is back

Crimson_Aught May 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

I forgot to add, Ethan made himself official because he wanted too. He threatened us managers because we voiced our opinions. He also worked completely by himself not even asking his fellow Admin for help. In fact this sessp fellow was more involved in administrative work then the managers and admins combined. To which I say, "sucking up." Also, don't forget everyone sessp is the same person who got himself ddosed for a few weeks,for being a nosey Tom. Finally, your Admin sessp has such terrible grammar I cringed. Twice.
imo, you were bad manager, sorry
wow intersting facts (it will be censooooooored)

or not

Iron May 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

imo, you were bad manager, sorry
wow intersting facts (it will be censooooooored)

or not
I was most definitely terrible, I did nothing!!

Myworld6 May 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM UTC

I was most definitely terrible, I did nothing!!
Can confirm. <3

SnowSX3 May 11, 2016 at 9:05 PM UTC

So the inactive Manager says that the most active Senior Mod was sucking up because he did more work than any other senior...

Yep..that's totally what sucking up means xD

BoldAndBrash May 11, 2016 at 10:05 PM UTC

Not agreeing with anything else you said, only the part where he made himself official. I remember seeing that promotion in a thread, and when I PM'd him about it he said something like "we wish not to speak about it right now" or "we'all say later"

Cant say j agree with anything else, though mainly because I didn't see any of it happen.

Arigenn May 11, 2016 at 10:05 PM UTC

I'll go through your points and officially address my opinion on each....

Ethan made himself official because he wanted too.
I can admit to this poor choice I made, as I believed at the time that from my point of view the officials were not doing any work, and I tried to take action. As of now, I know that I was mistaken and I even sat down with the officials to talk about my mistakes. We physically voted on who to keep in the official team, and I was OFFICIALLY voted into their team, as any other official can confirm. I wouldn't

He threatened us managers because we voiced our opinions. He also worked completely by himself not even asking his fellow Admin for help
Both of those points are COMPLETELY invalid, sorry mate. I only remember getting mad at you, because your voiced your opinion too often, and completely over took other moderators opinions. You straight up told moderators that their opinions were "literal cancer", which is COMPLETELY unacceptable, which is why I told you that you could receive a staff warning. Also I always went to peachy for help, I would like to consider us both friends.  

I appreciate your feedback on the choices that we made, but I do not appreciate you making false claims, thanks.

Vobaseball12 May 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM UTC

I can admit to this poor choice I made, as I believed at the time that from my point of view the officials were not doing any work, and I tried to take action. As of now, I know that I was mistaken and I even sat down with the officials to talk about my mistakes. We physically voted on who to keep in the official team, and I was OFFICIALLY voted into their team, as any other official can confirm. I wouldn't

He threatened us managers because we voiced our opinions. He also worked completely by himself not even asking his fellow Admin for help
Both of those points are COMPLETELY invalid, sorry mate. I only remember getting mad at you, because your voiced your opinion too often, and completely over took other moderators opinions. You straight up told moderators that their opinions were "literal cancer", which is COMPLETELY unacceptable, which is why I told you that you could receive a staff warning. Also I always went to peachy for help, I would like to consider us both friends.  

I appreciate your feedback on the choices that we made, but I do not appreciate you making false claims, thanks.
Can confirm both points

DonaldMyTrump May 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM UTC

Sorry, if you hadn't commented I wasn't gunna join in but that official nonsense is a lie. I was involved with the decision for who stayed on the official team and who got promoted along with the managers. You then took the decisions we all made and decided to go about your own decisions which initially resulted in robo's demotion. It was only due to the pressing of myself and several of my associates that you gave him his position back. The official demotions/promotions were something handled on an administrative level with feedback from me until you took these actions upon yourself.

The manager argument more valid but not entirely, but ofc Idk about what goes on between yall Sr. staff. ;)

Arigenn May 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM UTC

Sorry, if you hadn't commented I wasn't gunna join in but that official nonsense is a lie. I was involved with the decision for who stayed on the official team and who got promoted along with the managers. You then took the decisions we all made and decided to go about your own decisions which initially resulted in robo's demotion. It was only due to the pressing of myself and several of my associates that you gave him his position back. The official demotions/promotions were something handled on an administrative level with feedback from me until you took these actions upon yourself.

The manager argument more valid but not entirely, but ofc Idk about what goes on between yall Sr. staff. ;)
I admitted to that first part, but I am pointing out that the official team reverted my decisions, and then made a re-vote to promote the people that currently are on the team.

DonaldMyTrump May 12, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

I admitted to that first part, but I am pointing out that the official team reverted my decisions, and then made a re-vote to promote the people that currently are on the team.
The revote was held on prompt of you, in order for it to be an official made decision the officials would have taken the initiative of forming the vote. Had you wanted to use official policy you would have retired from the position and let them take initiative. This was you using your administrative powers to your benefit. Until that point you hadn't even broached the subject of you or jozz becoming official.

DonaldMyTrump May 12, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

To clarify for people I will recount my experience in this situation that I find relevant.
First, I had a meeting with Peachy and Ethan in which I requested the demotion of all officials. They made a statement which was "Show me proof the community wants this". I then collected statements from over 60 avicus regulars and for the majority tournament competitors who stated that they wanted all officials demoted and for interviews to be given to new prospects as well as the old officials; this list included 4 officials. Ethan then contacted me and we held another meeting in which he asked me who should be demoted, because we both agreed there were some good officials.
The two of us and michael then decided on a good list of officials. The list was: Sli, Seth, Javi, Robo, Tazz, Jive, Michael. Michael was told he would be head official. The day of the officials' demotion came and as I watched them drop off the staff page I was suprised to see robo go. At this point I got in a call with robo and told him I would get him his position back. After talking to Ethan he did indeed grant robo his position back but also promoted both himself and Jozz to the position, which had never been discussed or agreed upon. Ethan also left people such as Vobaseball and Pelpel in the official slack which bred anti-Michael sentiments. Michael later told me he felt his reign as Head official would be ineffective due to these feelings and thought it would be better to retire as  to allow the other officials to do their job unhindered.
Ethan later decided he wanted to work with the officials on a smoother level so he gave them the ability to vote him and the rest officials (both demoted and current) back in or out of position. These votes were run by ethan and in order for an official (many of which held other staff positions) to vote against him they would have to directly confront an administrator of a server and tell him they wanted him demoted, not to mention this same administrator had just demoted several of their fellow officials. These re-votes led to the return of GrapeSmoothie and Vobaseball along with justifying Ethan's position along with the positions of those who he promoted: Seth and Jozz.

"I know Ethan is Hitler'ing the server but I can't do anything about it" -Peachy when he was Admin

steven5703 May 12, 2016 at 12:05 AM UTC

To clarify for people I will recount my experience in this situation that I find relevant.
First, I had a meeting with Peachy and Ethan in which I requested the demotion of all officials. They made a statement which was "Show me proof the community wants this". I then collected statements from over 60 avicus regulars and for the majority tournament competitors who stated that they wanted all officials demoted and for interviews to be given to new prospects as well as the old officials; this list included 4 officials. Ethan then contacted me and we held another meeting in which he asked me who should be demoted, because we both agreed there were some good officials.
The two of us and michael then decided on a good list of officials. The list was: Sli, Seth, Javi, Robo, Tazz, Jive, Michael. Michael was told he would be head official. The day of the officials' demotion came and as I watched them drop off the staff page I was suprised to see robo go. At this point I got in a call with robo and told him I would get him his position back. After talking to Ethan he did indeed grant robo his position back but also promoted both himself and Jozz to the position, which had never been discussed or agreed upon. Ethan also left people such as Vobaseball and Pelpel in the official slack which bred anti-Michael sentiments. Michael later told me he felt his reign as Head official would be ineffective due to these feelings and thought it would be better to retire as  to allow the other officials to do their job unhindered.
Ethan later decided he wanted to work with the officials on a smoother level so he gave them the ability to vote him and the rest officials (both demoted and current) back in or out of position. These votes were run by ethan and in order for an official (many of which held other staff positions) to vote against him they would have to directly confront an administrator of a server and tell him they wanted him demoted, not to mention this same administrator had just demoted several of their fellow officials. These re-votes led to the return of GrapeSmoothie and Vobaseball along with justifying Ethan's position along with the positions of those who he promoted: Seth and Jozz.

"I know Ethan is Hitler'ing the server but I can't do anything about it" -Peachy when he was Admin
I appreciate your feedback on the choices that they made, but I do not appreciate you making false claims, thanks.

Howsie May 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

You guys are arguing over the 'official' rank? Its not even a proper staff position

Posighdun May 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

Please don't go off topic or i'm going to lock it. If you have an issue with anything regarding what happen with the official rank then pm me on slack.

Vobaseball12 May 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

The revote was held on prompt of you, in order for it to be an official made decision the officials would have taken the initiative of forming the vote. Had you wanted to use official policy you would have retired from the position and let them take initiative. This was you using your administrative powers to your benefit. Until that point you hadn't even broached the subject of you or jozz becoming official.
The revote  was held on prompt of everyone. Please stop making false claims and get your facts right.

DonaldMyTrump May 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM UTC

The revote  was held on prompt of everyone. Please stop making false claims and get your facts right.
I'm done, I'm done with Vo, all he does it make false claims to start drama and try to get his way.