Avicus Archive

So whats New with Avicus? by Polar_Express August 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

So do we have anything exciting going on? ( official, staff created events / items please )

Like -

Game Mode Contests  / Scrimmages ?
Prize Drawings ?
Exciting Development News?
New Features - Server or Web?
New Game Mode Updates, Like Kit changes /  Improvement Tweaks etc.?
New Ideas that are about to be implemented to attract more players?

Anything at all that raises the bar, gets the player base excited, makes us better / different than the other servers? Post if you know about anything official! ( Please only post links to forum posts where a mod or admin has stated the planned exciting changes! If your a mod, please post directly to this forum topic! thanks )

So don't hold back - blast us with everything exciting!

Porkyyy August 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

Players could organize some of these.

Arachadonic August 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

I've heard that there will be a new update soon adding friends, new gamemode, big fixes etc etc

Polar_Express August 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Really - got a link to this?

Arachadonic August 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Really - got a link to this?
It was a sr.staff member that told me so I believe them

TheMasterCow August 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Game Mode Contests  / Scrimmages? Scrimmage servers
Prize Drawings ? Nope
Exciting Development News? We're doing things
New Features - Server or Web? Server in AvicoreV2, Web will be updated
New Game Mode Updates, Like Kit changes /  Improvement Tweaks etc.? Nope
New Ideas that are about to be implemented to attract more players? The mapdevs are working on lots of concepts, we'll see by then what can be used

Polar_Express August 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM UTC

Scrimmage Server - We have these? Where? 
Exciting Development News? So what is being developed? What "things" are going on, please tell us! Don't keep us in the dark!
New Features - Server or Web? What is this Avicore V2- how will it improve the player experience, add to the excitement, add awesome things??  @TheMasterCow , are you helping with the Server and web development? What awesome things will this do? What will be updated on the web? new features?  how will it change what we do every day?
New Ideas that are about to be implemented to attract more players? What are some of the unique concepts? you have lots, share 3-4 with us, we want to know. :)
~
Do we have an ETA on anything being worked on? OR is everything above just in the planning stages or very early development with no ETA or set time frame to release?

Synergic August 18, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

Whatever this Avicore Version 2 is, sounds pretty cool :)

Aydran August 18, 2014 at 4:08 PM UTC

We gotta wait another 17 years for these updates tho.

TheMasterCow August 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Scrimmage Server - We have these? Where? 
Exciting Development News? So what is being developed? What "things" are going on, please tell us! Don't keep us in the dark!
New Features - Server or Web? What is this Avicore V2- how will it improve the player experience, add to the excitement, add awesome things??  @TheMasterCow , are you helping with the Server and web development? What awesome things will this do? What will be updated on the web? new features?  how will it change what we do every day?
New Ideas that are about to be implemented to attract more players? What are some of the unique concepts? you have lots, share 3-4 with us, we want to know. :)
~
Do we have an ETA on anything being worked on? OR is everything above just in the planning stages or very early development with no ETA or set time frame to release?
1 - They are currently private however Ivy has teased a lot on his twitter.
2 - Most of the development stuff is private, so stay in the dark
3 - AvicoreV2 is an update to Avicore. All I know right now is lots more YAML features, possible new gamemodes. Ivy streams it sometimes and no I don't do plugin/web stuff however I can do docs and maps. It will allow for hopefully more customization and enjoyment from the player. Website will have a lot of stuff like an API page and more, but for now most of that is private. 
4 - Those are private too
5 - We don't give ETAs

resepignev August 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

3 - AvicoreV2 is an update to Avicore. All I know right now is lots more YAML features, possible new gamemodes. Ivy streams it sometimes and no I don't do plugin/web stuff however I can do docs and maps. It will allow for hopefully more customization and enjoyment from the player. Website will have a lot of stuff like an API page and more, but for now most of that is private. 
5 - We don't give ETAs
Question to 3. What YAML features?

S3M3L August 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

I would love to see the possibility of private messaging! Is it included in Avicus V2?

TheMasterCow August 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

Question to 3. What YAML features?
All I know is it's complicated

Arachadonic August 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

I would love to see the possibility of private messaging! Is it included in Avicus V2?
THIS

Polar_Express August 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM UTC

@TheMasterCow : I just looked at the twitter and I must have missed what you are talking about, I looked at both the Ivycode and avicus twitter. I do see some updates, but nothing but bug fixes and optimization of the forums and the like, alos avicore is more backend correct?  and the API is not really for the end user is it?.

I really like your #2 " Most of the development stuff is private, so stay in the dark" great answer - really gets me excited!

How is the API going to help the average player?  
 an application programming interface (APIspecifies how some software components should interact with each other correct? Not sure how this will help , but if you say so.

So everything is pretty much Private? So you really don't have anything to contribute to the thread, other than " Private" and we don't give ETA's?

The purpose of the thread was to share information about what the avicus network is working on, what great things are in the works, and why we should be excited, and what we can look forward to. Please only respond if you have something to contribute, saying "Private" , "Stay in the dark", "We don't give ETAs" Really does not belong in this thread as it states from the beginning
Anything at all that raises the bar, gets the player base excited, makes us better / different than the other servers? Post if you know about anything official!"   

Thanks @TheMasterCow

_Phyre August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

New maps?!?!?!??! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Polar_Express August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Yea!

_Phyre August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Yea!
#AddGalloway :3

_BillGates August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Game Mode Contests  / Scrimmages? Scrimmage servers
Prize Drawings ? Nope
Exciting Development News? We're doing things
New Features - Server or Web? Server in AvicoreV2, Web will be updated
New Game Mode Updates, Like Kit changes /  Improvement Tweaks etc.? Nope
New Ideas that are about to be implemented to attract more players? The mapdevs are working on lots of concepts, we'll see by then what can be used
AvicoreV2 = more 7 months of waiting?

Arachadonic August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

Some people are so impatient! The update will come when its ready and not a minute earlier so just be patient.. I reckon our patience will be worth it.

Polar_Express August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

@Arachadonic - IKR?

The post was made  so that if anyone knew of anything exciting in the pipeline it would come to the surface, nothing more , nothing less I just haven't seen a lot on the forums about new stuff other than the maps thingy and since I may have missed a post I though this would be a cool way of resurfacing anything exciting.

Was just a question :)

resepignev August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

All I know is it's complicated
uhhhhhhhhh! I can't wait!
Take your time...
Did you get my suggestion?
hope it gets added :D

MustardMan227 August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

5 - We don't give ETAs
In Under The Dome, if you go into the darkness in the underground cave you get out of the dome and are released to the light and beauty of the outside. So if you leave us in the dark we will be released to the beauty and secrets of the light of outside.

Myv August 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM UTC

There should be an update soon where you can add friends on the new website, and the hub has a makeover possibly, but nothing much.

Ninjagrape2001 August 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

Players could organize some of these.
Hey, my very good friend joey387 is banned on the server. I would really appreciate for his account to be unbanned as we used to play Nebula all the time. Thank you.

Mooch24 August 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM UTC

Hey, my very good friend joey387 is banned on the server. I would really appreciate for his account to be unbanned as we used to play Nebula all the time. Thank you.
You can send an email to [email protected] stating why he/she was punished and why he/she should be appealed. 

I'd recommend not posting things regarding the players infraction as it will drastically affect his chance of being appealed.