Avicus Archive

News + Updates by Posighdun May 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

You guys are long overdue for an update post so here we go. I had an admin meeting with Fouled yesterday and discussed many things;

In regards with the moderating team:

Events:
Advertising was another area we discussed. I've already done most of the basic stuff when it comes to advertising, it's more about actually finding people who will advertise. So I'll be working with a few people to make that happen sometime soon.

Transparency. I'm trying to get back ontop of it all, all of the weekly update posts and all that. I'm also trying a new approach, that is, we're starting to involve all the areas of the server in our work.

Finally here are some things we actually physically decided/did:
- We decided there will be a content creator rank coming, more on that later this week.
- I changed the guideline for how to handle off topic posts.
- Finally, we made the advertising rule more clear. That is, videos posted on the Avicus forums must have somewhat avicus related content or we'll delete them. 

If you have any questions then post them below.

- Peter

profbananaslug May 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

oh boy content creator rank... hopefully i can finally get recognized for my avicus comics!

_DISTRACTION_ May 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

Nice. Thanks for the update.

poofywoo May 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM UTC

Hype

Goodnighht May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

Neato

+1

This was needed a while ago, but at least it was done. :)

dev_revs May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

gg, so what event do you want me to host first

Crazy_ May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

Neato

twopump May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

10/10

TooSweetSki May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

Looking forward to it!

KojaCola May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

neato

JeTePardonne May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM UTC

Sweet :=)

Diabolicx May 15, 2017 at 5:05 AM UTC

Great :D

joelous May 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM UTC

Great, another rank. Why do you need it?

profbananaslug May 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM UTC

Great, another rank. Why do you need it?
haven't you noticed pu***don is collecting ranks?

Rivzz May 15, 2017 at 10:05 AM UTC

Woooo

_Gill May 15, 2017 at 11:05 AM UTC

Some stuff looks good, but I have some questions.

So if we are going to be outsourcing events (which I assume is what your goal is), will there continue to be Officials and Refs on the Avicus server itself?

What will be the difference between "Content Creator" and "Media"? In my opinion, ranks on this server have become superfluous. If you scroll through threads on the forums (this one for example), 90% of people have a rank. 

@joelous I think they need every player to feel special.

Thank you for the update though

Posighdun May 15, 2017 at 12:05 PM UTC

So if we are going to be outsourcing events (which I assume is what your goal is), will there continue to be Officials and Refs on the Avicus server itself?

What will be the difference between "Content Creator" and "Media"? In my opinion, ranks on this server have become superfluous. If you scroll through threads on the forums (this one for example), 90% of people have a rank. 

Yes. By events, I mean unofficial events.

Well the content creator rank will be given to those who produce avicus related content on their youtube channels on a regular basis. Media is just a rank where you stream tournament games.

shadowolfyt May 15, 2017 at 12:05 PM UTC

"What will be the difference between "Content Creator" and "Media"?"
1) Media has now been renamed to Streamer and the purpose of the way that the rank works has been changed.
2) The Content Creator rank would be used to recognize those who create (constant) content for Avicus, matches up to the requirements and advertises Avicus in a way. Basically, you advertise us, we advertise you.

yummys May 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM UTC

I think this idea is really cool, and I hope to see people wanting to host and have fun.

AggroBox May 15, 2017 at 7:05 PM UTC

wonder if i can be another special potato crisp

zSwagger May 15, 2017 at 9:05 PM UTC

Nice update posi!

falz May 15, 2017 at 10:05 PM UTC

XD

joelous May 16, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

"What will be the difference between "Content Creator" and "Media"?"
1) Media has now been renamed to Streamer and the purpose of the way that the rank works has been changed.
2) The Content Creator rank would be used to recognize those who create (constant) content for Avicus, matches up to the requirements and advertises Avicus in a way. Basically, you advertise us, we advertise you.
Still no need for it. They can be put under one rank - Media. I see no purpose in splitting them up... the rename was fine, but then coming out and creating a rank that pretty much does the same thing as the old school media?

Sorry, but this does more worse than good by flattening the structure and decreasing responsibility. There's a reason why the staff tean is starting to be demotivated.

Posighdun May 16, 2017 at 6:05 AM UTC

Still no need for it. They can be put under one rank - Media. I see no purpose in splitting them up... the rename was fine, but then coming out and creating a rank that pretty much does the same thing as the old school media?

Sorry, but this does more worse than good by flattening the structure and decreasing responsibility. There's a reason why the staff tean is starting to be demotivated.
Both those roles are completely separate and always have been, even before media was renamed. Media/Streamer only stream tournament matches whilst content creators create content for avicus on a regular basis, they aren't related to one another at all.

TooSweetSki May 16, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

Both those roles are completely separate and always have been, even before media was renamed. Media/Streamer only stream tournament matches whilst content creators create content for avicus on a regular basis, they aren't related to one another at all.
The roles are different, but Jozz is saying that they both fall under Media.

Although I don't mind the idea of recognising content creators for Avicus, making two ranks, a streaming rank and a glorified YouTube rank, does create a lot of unnecessary work for something that can just be put under one 'Media' rank.

Posighdun May 16, 2017 at 7:05 AM UTC

The roles are different, but Jozz is saying that they both fall under Media.

Although I don't mind the idea of recognising content creators for Avicus, making two ranks, a streaming rank and a glorified YouTube rank, does create a lot of unnecessary work for something that can just be put under one 'Media' rank.
I get what jozz is saying but what I'm saying is they're too different roles and subsequently they can't really be combined.  I mean they could physically be combined but that wouldn't be a very smart idea as both roles are managed by two different groups of people, Officials don't manage avicus related content and admins don't manage streamers. That's pretty much like combining the social media team role with the officials just because social media handle/are going to handle the youtube channel, which funnily enough people have suggested. The tasks of the two different roles would clash completely and just muddle things up.

RATTLEWARRIOR May 16, 2017 at 1:05 PM UTC

shoadow for senior

dev_revs May 16, 2017 at 2:05 PM UTC

Content creator rank, requirements better be like 1000 subs or higher..

Spoookeh May 16, 2017 at 3:05 PM UTC

There's no point making a content creator rank for a server so small; at least properly advertise and get some decent-sized youtubers first.  

Also so why not just get the officials to host more frequent mini-events? Make the major tournaments 3 times a year and then have 1-2 between each tourney, seems more practical to me...