Avicus Archive

The Licentia update has arrived! by keenanjt March 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM UTC

Thank you all for your patience and assistance throughout the process of pushing this big update to the servers and website. This project, lead by ALM, was an enormous one to take on, especially for his first project here at Avicus. Many people have chipped in to help test and fix bugs. There are issues yet to be fixed, but the majority of those that have been reported have been fixed within a matter of hours. Continue finding and reporting bugs over at avicus.net/issues.

Nothing changed?
Most of the changes are there for the developers and senior staff team, they make the website more efficient and customizable. If you must know, ranks are now stored in the database as opposed to a configuration file, and permissions for basically every action on the website is defined which means we have a lot more power to control the actions of any rank. There are only a few noticeable "features" that an average user will see and are so minimal they aren't really worth noting. But don't you worry, finally releasing this update means we can actually get to real Avicus server development. Tangible features and updates that will improve the experience of playing on the Avicus Network. We've also got another cool website update coming within the next week or so :O

Amended: 1.9
I know many of you are curious about the status of 1.9 and Avicus. An official post will be coming soon, but we will be updating eventually. We will do our best to please as many players as we can in the process, which means reverting some 1.9 gameplay features to how they behave in 1.8. Again, we'll know more about this soon. Our focus recently has been on the permissions update.

- Avicus Devs

licentia f ‎(genitive licentiae); first declension

1. licensefreedomliberty.

AyyJake March 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM UTC

Neato

Crazy_ March 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM UTC

Cool

Lucartex March 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM UTC

Neatooo

Well avicus would be happy about some more players ;)
I like the idea that is now easier for u to develop.

Zegita March 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM UTC

"But don't you worry, finally releasing this update means we can actually get to real Avicus server development"

This better be true and boy this is exciting ;)

Tpak March 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM UTC

Just a simple question. When will the staff applications be re-opened again?

piratewithgun March 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM UTC

Thanks

Stimulating March 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM UTC

"which means reverting some 1.9 gameplay features to how they behave in 1.8" 
My OCN team talks about 1.9 a lot, and apparently tons of the features/mechanics can be disabled or enabled (blockhitting may be one), meaning more room for customization and more possibilities for improved gameplay as long as servers don't go crazy with the different types of arrows and shields involved. 1.9's hit detection is supposed to be better than that of 1.8's, so I'm happy, mostly. Any improvement over 1.8 is good imo, but I'd rather stay in 1.8 and get community feedback before doing anything drastic.

Pelpelajax March 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM UTC

This is not the place to ask. Be patient and they'll open eventually.

On topic - Sounds great, thanks Kylo :)

AtditC March 3, 2016 at 6:03 PM UTC

I'm looking forward to leave Avicus :D Yaaa 1.9 <3333333333

Zeusy March 3, 2016 at 6:03 PM UTC

Staff applications may open in the following months.
Nothing official though.

Tpak March 3, 2016 at 6:03 PM UTC

Staff applications may open in the following months.
Nothing official though.
Ok, thank you for response

Vanz

lactify March 3, 2016 at 8:03 PM UTC

This sounds amazing!

Wahiz March 3, 2016 at 8:03 PM UTC

Good thing I'm not here for this :D!!

AtditC March 3, 2016 at 8:03 PM UTC

Good thing I'm not here for this :D!!

Subscriptor March 3, 2016 at 8:03 PM UTC

that is really hot

BoldAndBrash March 3, 2016 at 9:03 PM UTC

Cool.

Glitchaye March 3, 2016 at 9:03 PM UTC

Placenta update?

Protel March 3, 2016 at 9:03 PM UTC

Appreciate the effort and work put into this, great job. :)

Javipepe March 3, 2016 at 9:03 PM UTC

That is really really hot

Ogrey March 3, 2016 at 9:03 PM UTC

that is really hot
Same tbh.

Spoookeh March 3, 2016 at 10:03 PM UTC

Neato

ALM March 3, 2016 at 10:03 PM UTC

That ALM guy sure sounds neat

DaFrozenBlaze March 3, 2016 at 10:03 PM UTC

Nice

Eteh March 3, 2016 at 11:03 PM UTC

Cool

smitdalt March 3, 2016 at 11:03 PM UTC

That ALM guy sure sounds neat
Not really

:^o

Okiba March 3, 2016 at 11:03 PM UTC

Thanks Kylo ^-^

Sads March 4, 2016 at 3:03 AM UTC

That is huuggeee
Kappa

Cyclops March 4, 2016 at 1:03 PM UTC

This is good, but if you're updating, please use some of the new features to the servers advantage and integrate them into Nebula's gameplay (or anything in general).

Also, let me quote a friend of mine on the OCN forums.
"The blocking changes I think people might be able to live with. However the knockback should be fixed because if not people will just run threw each other and combos will be near impossible and that's no fun. So I really hope you can fix it. It is possible that Mojang will fix it in a hypothetical 1.9.1."

Essentially, the knockback is broken on 1.9 to where if you hit someone, and you hit them again while they are in midair from the last attack, they will not move back (Don't take my word on it, not too sure. Test it), messing up "w" taps really badly.