Avicus Archive

Fair matches: Requiring balanced teams by keenanjt September 22, 2016 at 5:09 AM UTC

We will be deploying a change to the server soon that will attempt to limit team stacking on all matches. You will be unable to join a match if your addition to a team gives that team an unfair advantage, based on the number of players on that team in comparison to the other teams. We may modify the amount of imbalance that is allowed if we feel the need.

Premium users cannot bypass this as that would not be cool (in addition to being pay-to-win in a somewhat indirect way - o hi EULA).

In addition, some friendlier "players required" messages will be deployed in the next day or so (yes, you can click "1 Yellow" or "1 Red" to join those teams).

SnowSX3 September 22, 2016 at 5:09 AM UTC

What is considered an 'unfair advantage'?
(how many people is too many)

PokerFace September 22, 2016 at 5:09 AM UTC

Good to hear!

One question, for the "players required" messages, could you disable it saying a message for empty servers. I think it's kind of pointless for it to advertise an empty game.

DaFrozenBlaze September 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM UTC

Yay
Is switching teams by doing /join again fixed?

shadowolfyt September 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM UTC

Neato

Sevoo September 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM UTC

What is considered an 'unfair advantage'?
(how many people is too many)
this

AtditC September 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM UTC

"In addition, some friendlier "players required" messages will be deployed in the next day or so (yes, you can click "1 Yellow" or "1 Red" to join those teams)." Thanks, that was one thing I always wanted to see!

ALM September 22, 2016 at 4:09 PM UTC

Currently, an imbalance will occur if the team sizes differ by 20%. This may change in the future.

OldManTigerMask September 29, 2016 at 6:09 AM UTC

Could we have messages that aren't white? It's kinda annoying to see them all the time :3 Other than that, amazing feature! (I suggest a colour that isn't so bright though :3)

iiDecade September 30, 2016 at 5:09 AM UTC

An unfair advantage might not start the game unless it's switched. When it counts down from 30 to 0, then they should stay on their team. If they are not balanced, then I would report it to a moderator or admin (I think). It's a very epic feature though.

-Mad

Han_So_Hyun October 1, 2016 at 12:10 PM UTC

Very useful feature. :) Thanks!