Avicus Archive

Star Wars: Battlefront Open Beta by Howsie October 9, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

So EA just launched the new star wars battlefront integration's open beta and I was wondering if anyone had downloaded it yet. Would be great to get together a party of avicus chaps to have a gander at the game, it looks pretty great so far.

rememes October 9, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

got it last night (gmt) and it's amazing, being a battlefront 2 and 1 players from 10 years ago this really made me happpy. gonna grinddd ;p

FrozenSolstice October 9, 2015 at 6:10 AM UTC

RIP Mac users. :c

BoldAndBrash October 9, 2015 at 11:10 AM UTC

It sucks that there won't be Republic vs CSI, that made me pretty sad. :c The game looks nice overall, I guess.

Howsie October 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

It sucks that there won't be Republic vs CSI, that made me pretty sad. :c The game looks nice overall, I guess.
Yeah I was disappointed about that as well and zero campaign or story missions was a bummer as well.

But generally so far, I've had a ton of fun, which was very surprising.

Emmaye October 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM UTC

I got it for Xbox One and PC and played it all night, I am really glad they did an Alpha and Beta test for this and soon the release for it. One thing I am disappointed in though is the fact that no one on the Rebels side has no idea what to do on the Walker Assault scenario, they just run around shooting infantry and AT-ST's the whole time T-T

Howsie October 9, 2015 at 3:10 PM UTC

I got it for Xbox One and PC and played it all night, I am really glad they did an Alpha and Beta test for this and soon the release for it. One thing I am disappointed in though is the fact that no one on the Rebels side has no idea what to do on the Walker Assault scenario, they just run around shooting infantry and AT-ST's the whole time T-T
LITERALLY JUST PLAYED THIS AND HAD TO LEAVE FOR THIS EXACT REASON

I captured both those first two uplinks and they were gone in less than a minute because there wasn't a single defender in sight.

Emmaye October 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

LITERALLY JUST PLAYED THIS AND HAD TO LEAVE FOR THIS EXACT REASON

I captured both those first two uplinks and they were gone in less than a minute because there wasn't a single defender in sight.
OMG I'm not alone :O

Rainstruck October 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Played it on my friends Xbox last night. It was really fun, however I think I'm gonna stick to Battlefront 2 on the PC.

One thing I noitced though is for the Walker Assult, its almost impossible for the rebels to win. Anyone else agree?

DaFrozenBlaze October 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Uh what's this lol

Emmaye October 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Played it on my friends Xbox last night. It was really fun, however I think I'm gonna stick to Battlefront 2 on the PC.

One thing I noitced though is for the Walker Assult, its almost impossible for the rebels to win. Anyone else agree?
I also noticed that, but it's hard to win in public games because no one knows how to win. Two easy ways I found to take down the AT-AT's is to either:
1. Use Orbital Strikes on the AT-AT's (1 does around 70-80% damage on one, which is ridiculously overpowered, I have a feeling that it will be nerfed later on in the game release)
2. Use the tow cable to tie the legs of an AT-AT, it's pretty hard to do although, for the controlling the speeder and not getting flanked by tie fighters everywhere, you have to be pretty stealthy to pull this off.

Spoookeh October 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM UTC

Downloaded it over night on my PS4 and am on my way home right now to play it, hype!

BmB October 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

This was my childhood game, battlefront one and two for the ps2.
I'm so mad that it's only for the next gen consoles and my laptop can't run it :((

Rainstruck October 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

I also noticed that, but it's hard to win in public games because no one knows how to win. Two easy ways I found to take down the AT-AT's is to either:
1. Use Orbital Strikes on the AT-AT's (1 does around 70-80% damage on one, which is ridiculously overpowered, I have a feeling that it will be nerfed later on in the game release)
2. Use the tow cable to tie the legs of an AT-AT, it's pretty hard to do although, for the controlling the speeder and not getting flanked by tie fighters everywhere, you have to be pretty stealthy to pull this off.
Didn't think to do the orbital strikes on it, will try that. Also I noitced that it is like super impossible to do the tow cable thing.

Emmaye October 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM UTC

Didn't think to do the orbital strikes on it, will try that. Also I noitced that it is like super impossible to do the tow cable thing.
yeah I never bothered to do that a lot