Avicus Archive

The Death of Abdul Sattar Edhi by Iron July 10, 2016 at 9:07 AM UTC

I am not sure if you guys know who this man is; however, in Pakistan he is one of the greatest men ever to live. I myself was not fully aware of what he did until he died. However, after learning about his work I felt really horrible to see someone like him pass on. Edhi set up a network of Ambulances inside of Pakistan that have more reach then the actual government ambulances. In fact, when conflicts were happening and Edhi ambulances showed up, the fighting factions would stop and let the ambulances pick up the wounded before fighting again. His organization the Edhi Foundation, has rescued 20,000 abandoned infants, helped 50,000 orphans, trained 40,000 nurses. Moreover, he has many soup kitchens, rehab homes and shelters. As I said before his ambulances are also the largest ambulance service in the world. He has supplied aid from the Middle East all the way to the United States (Hurricane Katrina). He is largely known as Pakistan's Mother Teresa.

I find some of his quotes equally as thought-provoking:

- "People have become educated, but have yet to become human." 
“So, many years later there were many who still complained and questioned, ‘Why must you pick up Christians and Hindus in your ambulance?’ And I was saying, ‘Because the ambulance is more Muslim than you’.”

R.I.P

Zintenka July 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM UTC

What a great man, the world needs more men such as him and the "Doctors without Borders" people... These monumental people are gods among all of humanity.

His legacy has surely left a great mark on all of Pakistan, and I hope that many others take after this man's example.

Sevoo July 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM UTC

I had no idea who this guy was, but after reading this he seems like a reason to have hope in humanity. R.I.P

ImRaging July 10, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

daym this guys seems like an amazing person

sad to see someone like this go R.I.P

Han_So_Hyun July 10, 2016 at 6:07 PM UTC

This person has done mighty works.
It has become an inspiration to lots of people.
Rest in peace.

voidloop July 10, 2016 at 7:07 PM UTC

Rest in peace.

lactify July 10, 2016 at 7:07 PM UTC

Rest in peace. What a great man.

DaFrozenBlaze July 10, 2016 at 10:07 PM UTC

Rest in peace

BoldAndBrash July 12, 2016 at 10:07 AM UTC

Rest in peace, sounds like a great man. <3