Avicus Archive

1.11 PvP Suggestion? by Clijmart September 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM UTC

Well, most of the players on here know 1.9 and 1.10 pvp doesn't have a lot of fans.
People like 1.8 pvp the most, even though there are problems with that too.

What about changing it in 1.11:
- Pvp is based around body parts and the amount of damage you get by getting hit on those.

Here is a better explanation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/53bh2e/idea_for_111_pvp/

Please give your suggestions/opinions on here, or on the reddit :)
Thanks, 
- Clijmart

AtditC September 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM UTC

Everything above 1.7 is getting worse with each update. My opinion

SnowSX3 September 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM UTC

I love the body part suggestion, it'll be pretty cool.

Also, people seem to only dislike 1.8+ because of the PVP aspect, while that is important, it isn't the only thing the newer updates offer.

People are missing out on a lot because they have tunnel vision on only one aspect of an update.

Legoche September 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM UTC

1.9 is a game breaking update. It's not even about 1.9 drastically changing the pvp, the feel of
the game has changed and there are lots of things to be reverted, so why bother making 1.9.lile 1.8 when you can stay on 1.8 with no hassle? It's not like 1.9 has any helpful features that can't be done in 1.8

shaarpie September 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM UTC

1.9 is a game breaking update. It's not even about 1.9 drastically changing the pvp, the feel of
the game has changed and there are lots of things to be reverted, so why bother making 1.9.lile 1.8 when you can stay on 1.8 with no hassle? It's not like 1.9 has any helpful features that can't be done in 1.8
Well, the main advantage of updating is to get new players. I think a server can grow either on 1.7 or on the latest version, but not on 1.8. Avicus sorta does that well because 1.9/10 clients can join, but the experience in them is terrible.

Legoche September 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM UTC

Well, the main advantage of updating is to get new players. I think a server can grow either on 1.7 or on the latest version, but not on 1.8. Avicus sorta does that well because 1.9/10 clients can join, but the experience in them is terrible.
But these players that join are more of the casual community, whereas Avicus needs to focus on the competitive community in my opinion to attract players.

SnowSX3 September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

But these players that join are more of the casual community, whereas Avicus needs to focus on the competitive community in my opinion to attract players.
Honestly, I think Avicus needs to focus on getting more casual players to play here rather than competitive players.

So many other servers do competitive gameplay a lot better than Avicus.

Avicus is a mini-game server, with a lot of different gamemodes.

With such a variety of gamemodes, it's a casual player's dream.

All Avicus needs to do is actually focus on advertising towards the casual players more and we'll see an increase in player count in my opinion.

Eklip_Z September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

Although there is a lot of great features in the updates, pvp is still a large aspect to a lot of people. When pvp is having a lot of tweaks (generally bad,) a lot of fuss will be made. I just hope that servers will be able to re-add the old pvp mechanics into their server.

Legoche September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

Honestly, I think Avicus needs to focus on getting more casual players to play here rather than competitive players.

All Avicus needs to do is actually focus on advertising towards the casual players more and we'll see an increase in player count in my opinion.
Why would you update to 1.9 and lose 70% of your current playerbase, most that have stuck with the server since MC Zone? Surely you would want to keep the loyal players instead of getting new casual players who will quit after a day?

Tarheelkiwi September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

I agree.  If avicus were to advertise to the competitive community, Avicus would need to offer what the competitive community wants ex) 1.7.  Also you can't appeal to both casual and competitive communities because the competitive communities won't want easy no experienced players that the casual community brings.  Avicus will have to make a choice

Eklip_Z September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

I agree.  If avicus were to advertise to the competitive community, Avicus would need to offer what the competitive community wants ex) 1.7.  Also you can't appeal to both casual and competitive communities because the competitive communities won't want easy no experienced players that the casual community brings.  Avicus will have to make a choice
If Avicus decides to focus on the appeal of the competitive players, there's no guarantee that they will actually come over.

Why would you update to 1.9 and lose 70% of your current playerbase, most that have stuck with the server since MC Zone? Surely you would want to keep the loyal players instead of getting new casual players who will quit after a day?
I never said Avicus should update to 1.9
I said they need to work on appealing to the casual player base because Avicus is a mini-game server.

Other servers do competitive a lot better than Avicus, so Avicus needs to use its casual friendly gamemodes to advertise towards the casual audience.

If we focused on competitive, we'll just be another unpopulated server in a competitive field that's already over-saturated trying to do what other servers already do better.

Spoookeh September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

Everything above 1.7 and possibly 1.8 is terrible if not changed drastically.

'nuff said

Everything above 1.7 and possibly 1.8 is terrible if not changed drastically.

'nuff said
Because?

Spoookeh September 18, 2016 at 12:09 PM UTC

Because?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5ghC6N-Rk

ImRaging September 18, 2016 at 5:09 PM UTC

the day avicus is no longer 1.8 supportive im gone lol

KojaCola September 18, 2016 at 5:09 PM UTC

When 1.8 rolled around people were upset because the PvP changed. If Avicus changed to another update, (this one changing PvP completely) it would have the same fate as OCN....