Avicus Archive

Regarding "+1" and "-1" by TheMasterCow September 7, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

As a personal thing from me to you; I really would appreciate it if you guys would stop unconstructively stating +1 as a reputation point or something since it is not proper feedback nor contributing to the post; showing support can be done in other ways than a simple +1 and it's useless. If someone posts a map, don't post +1 for like 3 pages, post feedback or don't post at all. If there's a good idea, add onto it.

This goes for -1 as well.

Phobiaxx September 7, 2014 at 4:09 AM UTC

you should add polls, for +1 and -1s ;p

on topic: kk

RCMP_Mountie September 7, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

We need a like button and people showing support in other ways for the "+1's" on the forums, as well as people providing constructive criticism for the "-1's".

chaibrit1 September 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM UTC

to me, saying +1 is feedback because you're showing that you like the idea of something and that's better than saying nothing at all
but for -1's i think that people should elaborate on why we think that it deserves a -1 but most people do.
it's just showing support to an idea or saying that it needs improvement imo

Arachadonic September 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

I 100% agree. It can be very annoying when you receive -1 or even +1 without telling us why.

SnowSX3 September 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM UTC

I used to think +1 and -1 were fine but after thinking about it I fully agree.
If you're going to comment, make it constructive. If you haven't got anything that contributes to the discussion then don't post anything at all.

resepignev September 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM UTC

Agreed, what the hell can I do with a +1 on my map? What do you like? The structures, the colors or all? They can say +1 cuz the colors, but don't only +1. Same with -1.

TheTNTPotato September 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Okay sorry, but this was needed ^.^ I personally don't care that much, but if +1 is all I see, then I raise hell, ever so slightly.

garsdef September 10, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

w8 why did u remove all the +1s and the -1s? this is a personal thing and not an actual rule?

TheMasterCow September 10, 2014 at 6:09 AM UTC

w8 why did u remove all the +1s and the -1s? this is a personal thing and not an actual rule?
Because it's spammy and does not pertain to the original post at all (doing exactly what I tried to reduce); it falls under being annoying and trolling. But no, it's not a rule. I am just clearing up the people who like to spam.

The_Detonator_ September 10, 2014 at 10:09 AM UTC

Because what you're doing is essentially harassment.