Avicus Archive

Yo I Need Major Computer Help by JJTheGuy May 28, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

Okay so my computer is running stupidly slow, to the point where it isn't possible to run anything. It's taken over an hour to start up, and idk what to do. I've gotten task manager running and my computer keeps spiking to 100% disk, and then going back down to 0% (it's a gradual up then down). If needed, I'll take a video if what's going on to help.

Anything's appriciated.

Glesmon May 28, 2016 at 3:05 AM UTC

With the information you've given it's hardly possible to tell anything. Did you download anything before this started happening, what do you have running when you have task manager and did you do anything to your computer pretty much? You might want to open it up and dust it if it is a desktop because mine was doing weird stuff a while ago and then I dusted it and it had a blanket of dust over the fans.

papagoogs May 28, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

hey beatbox, i recommend performing a factory reset while windows is booting. 

Depending on what your computer manufacturer is, it's a certain hotkey to access advanced system startup.

Follow this link: https://www.desertcrystal.com/bootkeys

If none of them work, please reply.
EDIT: make sure you press the hotkey for recovery. 

If you are on a Toshiba, you can just press F8 while it's booting and then follow a restore from there. HP is either F11 or F10 can't really remember. 

flyofff May 28, 2016 at 4:05 AM UTC

Use a cleaner software?

JJTheGuy May 28, 2016 at 6:05 AM UTC

So I updated my computer and it's running smoothly... Seems odd to me. Working good now. Thanks to everyone