Avicus Archive

Why MCZone was changed to Avicus? by SnowSX3 August 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM UTC

Why did Avicus change its name from MCZone to Avicus?
Just curious as I wasn't around when this change happened.
It seems to be brought up a lot in discussions.

Myv August 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

Because McZone sounds weird. :P

Zedther August 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

I never really liked the name Avicus, I just adjusted to it :/

Joao_Victor August 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM UTC

MC Zone had lots of issues, it was starting to lose its momentum, from what I remember, Nexus and Sky Wars went down to 0 players near the end.

The staff team was terribly organized and the ranks were unbalanced, we needed to revamp.

Teh_Senpai August 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM UTC

MC Zone had lots of issues, it was starting to lose its momentum, from what I remember, Nexus and Sky Wars went down to 0 players near the end.

The staff team was terribly organized and the ranks were unbalanced, we needed to revamp.
I agree the nexus and skywars was down to 0 and the only things that were popular was Nebula and The Walls

MENGA August 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM UTC

I remember that in Mc Zone  I saw only 1 admin in all the months I played there! One single "Admin" rank. I srated playing Nebula there when I change to 1.5.2 version and all starts lagging. Months later I saw the server description changed and I enter. Was Avicus Full renovated, Nebula don't lag and Skywars went down. In Avicus I can see the staff organized. I think is a change of face and was for a good reason. :)

WordlessGeek August 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM UTC

I remember that in Mc Zone  I saw only 1 admin in all the months I played there! One single "Admin" rank. I srated playing Nebula there when I change to 1.5.2 version and all starts lagging. Months later I saw the server description changed and I enter. Was Avicus Full renovated, Nebula don't lag and Skywars went down. In Avicus I can see the staff organized. I think is a change of face and was for a good reason. :)
Well there shouldn't be like more then 8 Admins...