Avicus Archive

Blockhitting by zdq September 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

Will it be nerfed or removed in future updates? Because I strafe alot and when someone beats/ kills me by blockhitting I have a go at them for having no skill ;-; (Sorry if I have done this to you.. I rage too much. Trying to sort myself out.) So, do you recommend I start blockhitting and fit it in with my style of PvP?

toketrain September 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

It will most likely not be removed... if you're strafing it will slow you down

zdq September 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

Yes, but it provides good knockback so I can combo/ strafe easier.

zero9178 September 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

I would only block hit if someone comes to close to you so you can start a combo or continue to strafe

Robin_DD_J September 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

I would only block hit if someone comes to close to you so you can start a combo or continue to strafe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

StickilasFanboy September 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM UTC

and im just here clicking my mouse

cinammoncroc000 September 30, 2014 at 2:09 AM UTC

Like zero said, I recommend block hitting only when someone approaches you, and then begin strafing and/or using any other technique. Also, use this in tunnels and enclosed spaces where you cannot strafe. Block hitting excessively only slows you down and is less beneficial.

If used correctly, block hitting is actually extremely OP and I highly recommend you try out new things with it.

As to its "nerfing" in 1.8, its animation was changed slightly and I do think that not all hits are registered simply due to the blocking revamp, but overall it is not terribly changed and you can still pretty much block hit.
But 1.8 pales in comparison to 1.7 in terms of PvP experience and stability, so I suggest just sticking to 1.7 anyhow unless you really want 1.8.

SnowSX3 September 30, 2014 at 12:09 PM UTC

Block hitting as been removed in 1.8.
However, many servers are still supporting 1.7 servers (which makes sense because 1.8 is quite new)
Because the servers are still in 1.7, block hitting is still enabled.
It wont be until the Avicus sever fully and only supports 1.8 is when we'll see block hitting get fully removed. Unfortunately, that will take a while.

Tempus September 30, 2014 at 2:09 PM UTC

Snow, blocking hitting has not been removed. Block Breaking while blocking has been removed.

Crusty, I agree with the rage portion - it affects me too (d*mn you slow internet)

But, I don't really block hit, and I rely on juking, and I'm decent.
The only problem I have is lag, which is avic.us's problem.

Notalgicular September 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM UTC

Damn isn't remotely rude, no need to * it out

CreeperJoe62 September 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM UTC

I um beast on baldlion becus it's eu nuw so I jus bluckhit and win every fight. And are you seriously telling me that you've never block hit?

ballzi September 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM UTC

Wtf is wrong with block hitting? I strafe seldomly but block hitting is OP. If some tells you there is a easy path and you take the hard path would you do it? This is an example of what you are doing. I have no obligations agianst normal hitting but just let it go. Block hitting is just too OP. SO USE IT... These threads are just useless..

Sunaye September 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM UTC

I rarely block hit so don't really care.

Emmaye September 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

hit-block

Jerseys September 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM UTC

Alot of people do it, when they're in trouble, so anyone says "they haven't done it" is lies. 

Block hitting, is great when you actually do it well. Some people think block hitting is were you press your right and left clicks at the same time, however many good pvpers have develop this skill, into a next level. It is called "Hybrid Block-hitting" 

Many people say it were you hit - block hit - hit - block-hit, however that is away to make knock back. That is not the real way. Hybrid consist of pressing right click , then clicking left, that's the real way.

AtditC September 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM UTC

block hitting sux

Da_Baus October 1, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

Block hitting is so good if you use it correctly you can get massive combos I luv block hitting but I dont do it all the time

SnowSX3 October 1, 2014 at 12:10 AM UTC

Snow, blocking hitting has not been removed. Block Breaking while blocking has been removed.

Crusty, I agree with the rage portion - it affects me too (d*mn you slow internet)

But, I don't really block hit, and I rely on juking, and I'm decent.
The only problem I have is lag, which is avic.us's problem.
Block hitting has not been removed in 1.7
It has however, been removed in 1.8

Beyo April 22, 2015 at 10:04 AM UTC

block hitting had not been removed
but in 1.8 block hit have a better knockback

DaFrozenBlaze April 22, 2015 at 10:04 AM UTC

Block hitting has not been removed in 1.7
It has however, been removed in 1.8
Block hitting has not been removed, I block hit a lot because of my bad ping :o

Atdit April 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

block hitting had not been removed
but in 1.8 block hit have a better knockback
I agreeee

Timmy_Bubbles April 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

it's not a cheap tactic if they beat you every time l0l

SnowSX3 April 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

Block hitting has not been removed, I block hit a lot because of my bad ping :o
You're correct.
It hasn't been removed, only the animation has.

You can blockhit in 1.8, you just wont be able to see it.

Atdit April 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

You're correct.
It hasn't been removed, only the animation has.

You can blockhit in 1.8, you just wont be able to see it.
"Block hitting as been removed in 1.8." you're definitely too spooky for me.

SnowSX3 April 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

"Block hitting as been removed in 1.8." you're definitely too spooky for me.
It hasn't been removed.
I was wrong. My bad.

Beyo April 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

and block hitting can be like OP if you use it right like this
https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QtwIwAQ&url...

SnowSX3 April 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM UTC

There is an edit button at the top of your comment that you can use if you need to edit your reply.
I've done it for you but I just wanted to tell you for future reference.

veryangerydoggo April 22, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

i must have been stoned

Hacktivism April 22, 2015 at 3:04 PM UTC

Block hitting as been removed in 1.8.
However, many servers are still supporting 1.7 servers (which makes sense because 1.8 is quite new)
Because the servers are still in 1.7, block hitting is still enabled.
It wont be until the Avicus sever fully and only supports 1.8 is when we'll see block hitting get fully removed. Unfortunately, that will take a while.
*Fortunately.

1v1Me_ April 22, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

da bumb is real \(^o^)/

Alpapi April 22, 2015 at 6:04 PM UTC

I'm pretty sure they removed block hitting in 1.8

It is (In my opinion) really annoying, and at times can be overpowered in a sense and really annoying. But it's a method to survive and kill, and you can't prevent people from doing it.

Beyo April 23, 2015 at 6:04 AM UTC

but look what you thing to do and will be fun do it i tried doing what he does and i did got combos 
but i realized its not soo fun

Legoche April 23, 2015 at 2:04 PM UTC

If blockhitting is nerfed, removed or changed (And other pvp parts), I will cry. REVERT TO 1.7 PVP MOJANG! :P