Avicus Archive

Ploys set by Companies to Earn More Money by Vanqii June 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM UTC

Well I found out that milk doesn't actually have Calcium in it, well not the amount of it that the milk producing companies have claimed to say that it does. 

Share with us ploys (like a scam) set by other companies to earn more money

Shadowbladz June 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM UTC

People always sound suprised that compaines do this. They're a company to make money, not make sure you get your daily reccomended amount of calcium. 

Sausages only need to be 5% meat in Ireland.
Pork sausages only need to be 10% pork

awesome_apricot June 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM UTC

People always sound suprised that compaines do this. They're a company to make money, not make sure you get your daily reccomended amount of calcium. 

Sausages only need to be 5% meat in Ireland.
Pork sausages only need to be 10% pork
Agreed. I took a look at some "pork" sausages...

78% chicken. 

ParthDarthVader June 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM UTC

Agreed. I took a look at some "pork" sausages...

78% chicken. 
No wonder I could never tell the difference between them.

Lieutenantpants June 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM UTC

"Organic"
"Organic products" are only required to have 70% organic ingredients in the US. That may seem like a small allocated percentage (30%) for non-organic material, but it's a matter of what that material is.
Also, hey aux :D

Eklip_Z June 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM UTC

Mc Donalds say that their chicken nuggets are made from 100% chicken, not quite. Lets just say you could get very sick if you only ate Mc Donalds chicken nuggets.

Lieutenantpants June 3, 2014 at 12:06 AM UTC

Mc Donalds say that their chicken nuggets are made from 100% chicken, not quite. Lets just say you could get very sick if you only ate Mc Donalds chicken nuggets.
I wouldn't be so concerned with the percentage of "chicken" in the nuggets so much as what they're passing off as chicken. 

Phobiaxx June 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM UTC

I heard from somewhere that 100% chicken was a brand name, to pretend something was actually chicken
@lieutenantpants its some time of gooey liquidey stuff o-o

vladthegreat100 June 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM UTC

I heard from somewhere that 100% chicken was a brand name, to pretend something was actually chicken
@lieutenantpants its some time of gooey liquidey stuff o-o
its called pink slime -_-
and ya just noticed? those giant bags of chips are sold half empty... every bag of chip will be sold half empty no matter the size

Phobiaxx June 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM UTC

its called pink slime -_-
and ya just noticed? those giant bags of chips are sold half empty... every bag of chip will be sold half empty no matter the size
bleheheheh, nah 14 months ago(prox)....