Avicus Archive

AU Server? by TheDiamondGecko July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

Maybe it's time for Avicus to start thinking about hosting an au or eu server?

I mean, surely they get enough money for it, and Avicus is growing. I have a gaming clan and we usually practice for an hour a day on nexus to get our pvp skills up, and we all have decent internet. We lag a bit and it's really bothering us. We've discussed it and we don't want to leave Avicus but we are going to have to train somewhere else unless an au server is implemented :/ 

It's not just about us obviously, avicus has a lot of australian users and I'm sure that they would benefit a lot out of it too.

Lawl July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

I heard hosting in Australia is expensive, and who knows what the EULA will bring.

build_high July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

+1
im from Sydney and my ping is between 420 and 580. It sucks.

TheDiamondGecko July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

Australian hosting is expensive, I host my own AU Server. But Avicus CLEARLY has enough money, I've seen So so so many donators out there and as a server owner, I can clearly tell that they are earning more money then they're spending on the server... A LOT more. And I don't mind if the server owner/managers or whoever is recieving the income spends it on, as long as they are spending  a bit on the server but I think they should consider benefiting the server and trying out new things such as an au server. also I know you fishisea from KevinEssences kit pvp server.

build_high July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

Australian hosting is expensive, I host my own AU Server. But Avicus CLEARLY has enough money, I've seen So so so many donators out there and as a server owner, I can clearly tell that they are earning more money then they're spending on the server... A LOT more. And I don't mind if the server owner/managers or whoever is recieving the income spends it on, as long as they are spending  a bit on the server but I think they should consider benefiting the server and trying out new things such as an au server. also I know you fishisea from KevinEssences kit pvp server.
"100% of profits made from donating are used to help the server"- from someone in a high position...
anyways there has been a big discussion on this and IvyCode said we are NOT likely to host a new server and if we did it would be hosted in EU.
   Probably not going to happen  ;(

1Theodore1 July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

There are more Europeans rather than Australians in Avicus, funky said it himself, if we will make a new server it will be EU.

UnkelBen July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

I dont believe you know how much money funky is spending. No one really does but him and the admin team I believe.
So I would suggest not acting as if you know what is being done behind the scenes where the money is being transferred.
and It would simpy be more beneficial to have an EU rather than an AU server?

Shoto_ July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

Well, I like the idea even though I don't live there, but eventually they are going to run out of money for the servers, (not many will want to donate with the EULA) and one thing leads to another...

Howsie July 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

It'd be really awesome but I doubt at the current time it'll be entirely beneficial to the avicus network.

The_Detonator_ July 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM UTC

There is literally no use. I live in Sydney and I get 280 ping average. If you are getting anywhere over 300 ms, there is something wrong that is not server side or latency side.

Ping does not play a big part in Avicus style pvp, sure it might in Battlefield, or Call of Duty, or even some Minecraft styles, such a pot and soup pvp, but in Avicus it has very little impact.

QFrog July 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM UTC

My ping is any server is around 600, I have a ban internet and I dan confirm that even with that ping it doesn't affect much unless I am doing some kind of 1v1

ayy July 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM UTC

Although there's the money issue, I think an AU server is more needed than EU. Sure there are less AU players, but EU players get a good ping to the server anyway, so it's unnecessary.

TheDiamondGecko July 17, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

True that ^

kycrafft July 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Well for one thing I don't want to be split up from everyone D:

ParthDarthVader July 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

Avicus already has one server to worry about. I don't think that it wants to host another one...

And with EULA...who knows what's gonna happen...

_Nathy July 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

not to piss any1 off but pvp can be summarised to "better ping wins"

zaidms0987 July 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

If I had to choose between AU and EU I would go AU cuz they get a much higher ping. 

However...
At the times I go on (usually at like 4 PM EST), there are about 400-600 players online. Having a second server will reduce the amount by about half, so lets say 200 players on 1 server, which is pretty low. Avicus just isn't big enough to host a second server right now.

Colecrc July 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

Imagine this. Having to pay for over 100+ that can hold 16+ players and be good quality then paying for others things on top of that. You think he has left over money to have another one? Double the price just to have like 200 people on it?

The_Detonator_ July 17, 2014 at 7:07 AM UTC

not to piss any1 off but pvp can be summarised to "better ping wins"
That is incorrect.

Teh_Senpai July 17, 2014 at 8:07 AM UTC

I live in Adelaide but my ping is always between 70 and 30 so I barely get any lag on avicus

ballzi July 17, 2014 at 8:07 AM UTC

It would really help the aussie gamers out there and bringing more popularity to the server +1 for this thread

build_high July 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM UTC

I live in Adelaide but my ping is always between 70 and 30 so I barely get any lag on avicus
How?!?!
last week I got 1755ms (note: my computer is shit)
and I average at 535 with 340 at best.

Ingigo July 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM UTC

I would like to say that it would be more beneficial to host the other server in Europe, firstly there are more people in Europe and then we get bad ping anyway. Also, whoever says that they get bad ping, I get worse, everyone was telling me that I teleport a lot in Avicus and I lag a lot. But this isn't because of my Computer or Internet, it is because Avicus is hosted in Canada. Then my second point is, that we shouldn't make an extra server anyway if you think about it. Averagely, we get 600 players each day and our server capacity is 2500. We need more popularity to make another server for Avicus, otherwise it is no use, we would get 300 in each server which is useless. If we boost the popularity up, to 2000 players a day, then we could implement this new server. Sorry if this induces rage but to boost popularity, of which of mczone, I think that we need Survival Games back, it is the main thing that boosted up the popularity in Mczone, it was the reason that me and April joined this server in the first place, of Survival Games. Of course, we have elimination, but it is doing us nothing, we do not get any player from it, it is a great idea, but we have Nexus and Nebula. Also, PotPvP should be introduced, it will boom the popularity as will. If you say that these ideas are not original, well we need more players and we need to advertise and implement more games into Avicus. That is all I want to say.
-IngiOut-

1Theodore1 July 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM UTC

I would like to say that it would be more beneficial to host the other server in Europe, firstly there are more people in Europe and then we get bad ping anyway. Also, whoever says that they get bad ping, I get worse, everyone was telling me that I teleport a lot in Avicus and I lag a lot. But this isn't because of my Computer or Internet, it is because Avicus is hosted in Canada. Then my second point is, that we shouldn't make an extra server anyway if you think about it. Averagely, we get 600 players each day and our server capacity is 2500. We need more popularity to make another server for Avicus, otherwise it is no use, we would get 300 in each server which is useless. If we boost the popularity up, to 2000 players a day, then we could implement this new server. Sorry if this induces rage but to boost popularity, of which of mczone, I think that we need Survival Games back, it is the main thing that boosted up the popularity in Mczone, it was the reason that me and April joined this server in the first place, of Survival Games. Of course, we have elimination, but it is doing us nothing, we do not get any player from it, it is a great idea, but we have Nexus and Nebula. Also, PotPvP should be introduced, it will boom the popularity as will. If you say that these ideas are not original, well we need more players and we need to advertise and implement more games into Avicus. That is all I want to say.
-IngiOut-
Preach it bro.

The_Detonator_ July 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM UTC

How?!?!
last week I got 1755ms (note: my computer is shit)
and I average at 535 with 340 at best.
1. You're computer does not influence your ping.
2. Having an Australian server would not fix your 500 ping. At that ms, it is your connection problem.

Ingigo July 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM UTC

Preach it bro.
I will bro.

build_high July 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM UTC

1. You're computer does not influence your ping.
2. Having an Australian server would not fix your 500 ping. At that ms, it is your connection problem.
Okay, :/
is it fixable?

TheDiamondGecko July 18, 2014 at 4:07 AM UTC

I've thought about it and maybe at THIS CURRENT TIME It's not that beneficial for Avicus to have an Australian server, but as the server grows it's definitely something they should consider Implementing.

Colecrc July 18, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

I've thought about it and maybe at THIS CURRENT TIME It's not that beneficial for Avicus to have an Australian server, but as the server grows it's definitely something they should consider Implementing.
There really is no point too make one really. First you wouldn't get as many players as you would EU so why spend the money for just like 200 players to go on it when you can get like 400+. 2 It takes a lot of money to host 100+ good quality servers. Im sorry Im just saying making a EU server would be I think a better idea.

Cyrus49 July 18, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

I dont believe you know how much money funky is spending. No one really does but him and the admin team I believe.
So I would suggest not acting as if you know what is being done behind the scenes where the money is being transferred.
and It would simpy be more beneficial to have an EU rather than an AU server?
Just me, you and "the admin team" know how much a server can be....
The pro-eula guys just don't understand...