Avicus Archive

Do you think this is ok? by Numberz_ July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Do you think it is ok that when people are swearing in chat I tell them please watch your language. But a lot of the time players will start to say 99250 don't do a Moderator's job you suck up, your a noob, you suck. When players start to do that does that count as bullying? 

Me: "Please don't swear!"
Random noob: "Stop doing a Moderators job!!!onee!1! It's a bannable offense!!!

NuclearDucky July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I think it is

One member in particular, yoshicole, was nice when i met him. Now he is a total ass swearing people out randomly, etc. It was like his maturity dropped (IM NOT calling out)

MajestysDream July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I hate it when someone is cursing or something then I tell them to watch their language and they start hating on me saying stuff like "dude you're not a moderator don't tell us what to do." I just hate people like that.

Yum_FriedChicken July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

This is definitely allowed, in my opinion.
Although you are not a moderator, you are still allowed to tell the rules to players, as it decreases their chance of being banned.
Keep up what you are doing, it is definitely not bannable.
http://www.avicus.net/rules

In addition to what I said, it states in number 7 of Section A in the rules:
If you are not a staff member, do not impersonate or act as if you are a member of the Avicus staff.

However, this simply means that you cannot say that you are a member, but I would think that it is encouraged to stop rule breakers.

Riskayyy July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

99, you're doing a great job at warning players. If I were you, I wouldn't stop (therefore it's allowed).

I'll remove the images as they contain foul language and vulgarity.

Infivix July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

I think it is

One member in particular, yoshicole, was nice when i met him. Now he is a total ass swearing people out randomly, etc. It was like his maturity dropped (IM NOT calling out)

Let's not start throwing insults around, please.

steven5703 July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Hell no.

Why would it be allowed xD? They were bullying you when they made fun of your name.

EDIT:
OOHHHHHHH. I thought you asked if them swearing at you like that was allowed :P
Telling them to stop is allowed, as jozz said.

steven5703 July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Porkyyy July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

LOL

MLGtino July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Careful where you point that thing c:

MajestysDream July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

Well, this is awkward..

Porkyyy July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

carrie_may July 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM UTC

well you're doing the right thing there even though people are trying to insult you

OwensAdopted July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

LOL "Random noob"

Kammeh July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

erm...

FrostedCupcakez July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

There can't always be a staff on, so helping the server by telling people to not cuss or whatever in my opinion is allowed, as Jozz said. I try to do this and don't worry your not the only one who gets hate messages back xD They just don't like being called out.

ImJeezus July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

Im only fine with it if you are trying to help the community out.
I get off when people try to do it just for mod(Mod tryhards)

Princezz_Dubstep July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

In my opinion, I think it's great what you're doing! It's great that a player can always remind another player if he/she breaks a rule, if they're unaware! Keep it up!<3

Zedther July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

well..
Don't do a mod's job, you have no right to tell someone to stop "spamming" or "bumping"..
It's not your place to do it.....

ballzi July 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM UTC

XDDDDD

ballzi July 4, 2014 at 6:07 AM UTC

That doesn't happen to me when I tell them off probably because of my name. If they bully me Shoot fireballs at their face. Your doing a great job 99250 keep on going and if they bully call me 199dragonballzftw hotline you will be put through to me goku xD