Avicus Archive

Lack of servers up :( by Jahaj December 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM UTC

Has anyone else noticed that lately especially on the weekends, there haven't been enough nebula servers to cope with demand. There are 5 servers up now, 5 offline, and 7 that have been removed completely. Right now the only people who can play games are people with ranks and the select few others. This will make other people leave Avicus and play on other servers, and creates a major problem, any fixes?

Zedther December 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

Nebula isn't the only GameMode on Avicus...

Jahaj December 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

ya but some people only like nebula, like me

resepignev December 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

This will engcurage the ppl to play other gamemodes like nexus or CTH.

resepignev December 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

ya but some people only like nebula, like me
Buy you a rank and help to keep the server running and get the perk of joining full servers and teams.

Jahaj December 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM UTC

Ya but a lot of people cant buy the rank (in my case my parents wouldn't let me) and they don't like the other gamemodes so they go to other servers with a better variety of gamemodes.

BoldAndBrash December 6, 2014 at 6:12 PM UTC

Best thing that has ever happened to avicus. You guys say that nebula is the only gamemode yet you have NEVER EVEN TRIED THE OTHER GAMEMODES.

Jahaj December 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM UTC

I have and I would rather do parkour or hunger games then those.

MidnightBeats December 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

I will try and bring this up with the other staff, but think of the positives in this situation:

If you cannot join the gamemode you desire,try other gamemodes! I used to only play Nebula, but my friend persuaded me into playing Walls with him and it was great.

Donate for a rank. Before I begin, I don't want to force you in any way. Donating for a rank means you're helping the server out and you get lots of great perks, including exp boost, kits, and joining full games (;p)

Flebula December 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM UTC

Some people can't donate and that is a problem for many Avicus players when it comes to full games. Although I don't really have a solution you can either: Spectate good players and learn things until the next game, or you can hold down tab, and when you see a player leave immediately do ./join.

That is what I do.

Jahaj December 7, 2014 at 1:12 AM UTC

Thanks for the help MidnightBeats, but as i said before, i would rather play hunger games or do parkour then the other gamemodes, and my parents won't let me donate. :(
And miningflamingo, the problem with that is that this morning the servers were all like 39/30, 57/50, or even 44/30, so I would have to wait for lots of people to leave, and that takes forever.

Pavlo December 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM UTC

I agree....There are a lot of servers down and sometimes I cant join...   :/     I currently don't have any money to donate, so that's out of the question (at least for now), and I've tried all other gamemodes...and I don't enjoy them that much.....the only thing I haven't tried is Avicade, because whenever Im on, no-one else is playing it....

Jahaj December 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM UTC

Finally someone who agrees, but yes that is another problem.