Avicus Archive

A way to spice up Elimination by ClubberNugget May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

Seeing that the Winter update is coming at some point soon, and from what I've heard, Eliminstion is not leaving.  So, with that update coming soon, i thought a bump of this topic was in order.  The goal of this thread is to revive elimination, here are some suggestions, It’s a mouthful but please read it:).

Disasters:

So Elimination is getting repetitive.  One guy wins the early blood bath and then dominates the game because he has a lot of cool stuff.  Well, if we add natural disasters, it could mix things up a little.  I’m thinking every time the total number of players are halved, a disaster occurs.  Here are ten ideas for disasters:

Tornado: A tornado tears through the map and picks players off their feet.  “Sky bases beware”. Lasts one minute.

Sandstorm: The map gets foggy and players take one damage every five seconds regardless of armor, “find cover!!” Lasts four minutes.  (This disaster only happens in dessert and beach biomes.)

Earthquake: The ground shakes, the map is torn apart, and every grounded player takes heavy damage, lasts five seconds.

Flood: Water covers the map to the top of pine trees, “miners beware”, lasts four minutes.

Forest fire: Lava randomly spawns around trees and the forest catches a flame. “Get water quick!!”  lava spawns, no time limit forest burns until its gone.

Famine: All trees die, plants die, water dries out and the worst of all, all animals die.  It stays this way the rest of the game.  “Hopefully you hunted for food beforehand”

Avalanche: Snowballs with sharpness 2 are thrown down the mountain, and if that’s bad, have fun getting buried in blocks of snow falling from the mountain as well.  Lasts three minutes.  (only in tundra and ice mountain biomes.)

Mob swarm: One night, the mobs decide to take over, they are everywhere, zombies, creepers, ender men, skeletons and spiders.  Players have nowhere to hide, they will fall if they dare face the mighty army of monsters.  Lasts one night.

Nether mob: The regular mobs hide in fear, for one night, the nether visits the regular world, that’s right, blaze, magma cubes, pig men and wither skeletons.  And the worst of all, a ghast, roams the map.  Lasts one night.

Rise of the Undead: Every spectator comes back into the game, they spawn with the kit they played with, they have one minute to kill a tribute, if they do, they come back to life.  If they don’t, they go back to spectating.  Lats one minute (Undead can’t do damage to each other.)  

Volcanic eruption:
lava oozes out of the mountain and burns the entire map, "better get above ground and quick." lava falls and stays for the rest of the game.*

Meteor strike:
a fireball hits the surface and creates a giant Crater the ground, pretty much kills any player that it hits (or heavily damages.)  there is also diamond and iron ores inside. "no, pain no gain."  meteor hits and then creates crater, no time limit.*

(New) Blackout: The sun died out!!!! Everyone is stuck with blindness 3 (Or whatever works), and now seeing is a difficult task.  (Lasts for 5min.)

(New) Hardcore time: Everyone’s max health is one heart!!! You better watch your step, one slip and you’re done, lasts for the rest of the game.

Note: many of these could be like the extreme weather mod (at least that’s what I think it’s called.)

Well thanks for reading:) please leave suggestions, let’s put elimination back on the map :D

*thanks to carrie-may for these suggestions

cdog911 May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

Sounds really cool! If this gets added, I could see elimination getting really popular

carrie_may May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

There's a mod that skydoesminecraft presented which is the natural disaster mod it could fit to elimination perfectly and also this idea is awesome!

QFrog May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

This sounds amazing, I would actually play elim for this.

MLGtino May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

+1

Best idea ever made

carrie_may May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

Oh btw, you should also add volcano eruptions and also meteor strikes but when the meteor strikes down the ground, any nearby tributes will have a very big damage but inside the meteor, there's iron or diamonds in it

ClubberNugget May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

Oh btw, you should also add volcano eruptions and also meteor strikes but when the meteor strikes down the ground, any nearby tributes will have a very big damage but inside the meteor, there's iron or diamonds in it
thats sounds really cool:) ill add it

Fouled May 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM UTC

I really like this idea, i think it would attract more players for a fun game! Great job. +1

Dyspa May 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

Its a good idea but the server would lag a lot dont you think so?

ClubberNugget May 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM UTC

Its a good idea but the server would lag a lot dont you think so?
i didnt think of that..

cdog911 May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

I wouldn't imagine it would lag unless we had like 5 disasters going on at once which could be avoided easily

ClubberNugget May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

I wouldn't imagine it would lag unless we had like 5 disasters going on at once which could be avoided easily
the tornado could produce some lag but besides that....it could be fine

TheMasterClock May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

That was a really good idea! +1.

TigerMan200028 May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

I would play elimination than lol +1

dodgerXyz May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM UTC

This would attract so many players to avicus and and Elim 
so +3

_Visho_ May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

I like it ^-^ +1

NuclearDucky May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

C001  5H1Z   |)00|)

The_Detonator_ May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

Most of these are quite impossible through the use of plugins, and would require client side mods. 

_Gill May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

Most of these are quite impossible through the use of plugins, and would require client side mods. 
Not all of these are impossible, but some of them seem like it would be really cool! I am going to note this topic for Funky to take a look at.

steven5703 May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

+10000
Though would be very hard code

Tigor101 May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

+1

ParthDarthVader May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM UTC

this is a good idea :D I don't play elimination, but this actually might get me to play it!

ClubberNugget May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

Not all of these are impossible, but some of them seem like it would be really cool! I am going to note this topic for Funky to take a look at.
sweet!! :D

AutoHit May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

1+

This would make Elimination more fun and a bit more fair to lower level people.

cinammoncroc000 May 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM UTC

I think this is a brilliant idea. I played Elimination once, when I had a laptop getting 5 fps with crappy internet. It'd be awesome to see Elim in its full glory with these new features :D

ClubberNugget May 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

I'm glad people like this idea:D if any of you have other ideas for disasters, don't be afraid to suggest:D

kycrafft May 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM UTC

Funky disaster: All the disasters happen at once. 1/1 chance of happening, infinite time

cinammoncroc000 May 28, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

Funky disaster: All the disasters happen at once. 1/1 chance of happening, infinite time
Omg yes plz +1 I like plz add

ClubberNugget May 28, 2014 at 3:05 AM UTC

That should not be called funky disaster.....that's called a server crash XD

ClubberNugget February 22, 2015 at 4:02 AM UTC

I'm bumping this due to the winter update coming soon and because of all the positive feedback that came from it, its been 9 months now and i want to see if it is possible for this to get implemented, (I also added 2 more disasters :D)

ballzi February 22, 2015 at 4:02 AM UTC

Let's add a bit of curry powder and asian spices eh? Maybe some eastern ;)

Legoche February 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

Elimination is a great game mode, just nobody plays it D:

ClubberNugget February 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

Elimination is a great game mode, just nobody plays it D:
I loved elimination, it was my favorite, but suddenly everybody lost interest, that's why I made this thread, to regain that interest

SWEET_Johny February 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM UTC

I'm not sure if some of these are even possible, and some are just going to be horribly laggy.

Volcanic eruption:
lava oozes out of the mountain and burns the entire map, "better get above ground and quick." lava falls and stays for the rest of the game.*

So lava covers the entire map? That might cause a bit of a lagspike.