Avicus Archive

Leaving Rant/Speech by awesomekid48 April 20, 2015 at 10:04 PM UTC

Well, here it is. I never EVER thought I would be making one of these posts, but I guess the time has come. I've been  thinking for a couple of weeks, and its time to leave. I honestly don't even know where to start, but I'm just going to describe my crazy ride through MCZone/Avicus, and add a little bit of my take. This is going to be part rant/farewell speech, so if you don't want to read all of this, basically I'm leaving Avicus for good.

So for all of you guys who never met me, I'm Awesomekid48. Just another 13-year old playing minecraft and going through the troubles in life. I joined the server around October 2012. Back then, I was just some noob with a diamond armor skin who didn't know what he was doing. I was looking for a good server to play a Walls Gamemode match, and I ended up on MCZone. I instantly fell in love with Nebula, though I still played some Walls and Nexus. So for the next 2 years a bit, I dedicated an insane amount of time on this server. 60 days total I think? And no, I don't really regret it. I met amazing people who taught me incredible skills and became people I enjoyed played with. So really, I wanna thank really everyone who just joined the server. You guys have made it an incredible community. But specifically, I want to thank Jord, Ashley, JusticeC, JKawesome, RomanTrident, CentralKing, SnowGolemKirby just to name a few. You guys may have not really met me in depth, but your advice and time has improved my gameplay and let me enjoy the game.

So why I'm leaving.

It really has been just an accumulation of things. (And if I get anything factually incorrect, don't be mad at me)

Lag has always been an annoying little pest to me. I can't exactly PVP when you try and hit someone and they end up actually  being 10 blocks away. But I wouldn't call that an exact reason for me leaving. Just a little suggestion to the server developers, even though I've seen many people complain about it.

A major factor for my departure is not exactly a common one; staff. Throughout my duration on this server I've seen SO many great mods leave/retire. I honestly cant even name them all.. Apricot, Max, Mooch, ... etc. A few questionable demotions as well, but I'm not going to stir up that pot of controversy.  

I joined the server right at the end of MCZone. I remember player counts pretty steadily near the 1000s. With the transfer into Avicus, people tend to see this transition mode during and after as the dark times of the server. However, player counts weren't as terrible as exaggerated, and I personally think it unified the server closer. With less people joining, only the players didicated to the server were left. But anyway, my point is player counts were still better then now. I remember I stayed up one Fall Break until 4 AM, and there were still considerably more players than any time I have checked after this recent update. 

Speaking of updates, this recent update (Omega Update) really put the nail in the coffin for me leaving. In fact, unlike the Avicore Update, it was underhyped. Pretty much out of the blue. Would have been nice for a little bit more of a warning. And also,  I really think adding the new gamemodes were great. But I didn't like how some of the classic games were (in my opinion) shoved into the corner. They were all put into one category ("Legacy" if I'm not mistaken). Another thing that I really didn't like was the deletion of XP and Prestiges. Not to be ragey here, but I spent my time working for prestiges in Nebula, and as soon as I hit 3rd they all get deleted. Honestly, I hate that. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Terrible.

But it hasn't been just in the server. Real life takes importance over games. I've had and got a ton of things in my life that  need to take care of. Moving to a new house, Schoolwork, a girlfriend, all has made time on Avicus less appealing. I need to take a leave away from the sever, for good.

I see myself getting on Avicus maybe once or twice a ear just to check in, but not more. Maybe checking the forms here and there. But without some major changes not only on the server but in my life do I see myself getting back on, active, and swinging my sword again.

So farewell, good luck, and Godspeed

-Awesomekid48

1v1Me_ April 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Didn't really know u at all but bye!

PokerFace April 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM UTC

Bai.

Tarheelkiwi April 21, 2015 at 2:04 AM UTC

Sorry to hear this mate DDDDDD: BaiBai

RightSide April 21, 2015 at 5:04 AM UTC

Bye man, good luck in life XD

Eteh April 21, 2015 at 11:04 AM UTC

Bye! Good luck!