Avicus Archive

Weekly Discussions? by Wahiz December 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM UTC

This was a thing 99250 started awhile back, where he would make a thread/update a thread with a discussion of some sorts. Which I had then picked up due to 99250 becoming inactive with it.

Example(s);

-Politics
-Environment
-Economy
 etc...

So I was wondering if you'd guys would like something along those lines, Me and 99250 could start this again, taking turns at posting them each week.

Myworld6 December 20, 2016 at 3:12 PM UTC

Politics would just lead to a flame war. The community here aren't mature enough to approach it respectfully or rationally..

Environment and economy are good ones. 

One thing that must not be allowed is religion. Threads about that never end well.

Crimson_Aught December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

Yeeeeeeaaaaa, do it.
Avicus neeeeeds draaaaaammmmmmmaaaaaa.

AtditC December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

Politics would just lead to a flame war. The community here aren't mature enough to approach it respectfully or rationally..

One thing that must not be allowed is religion. Threads about that never end well.
What happened to freedom of speech?!

!

Wahiz December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

Yes I agree, religion would cause a tremendous amount of problems.

And yea I suppose you're right, not many people are mature enough to discuss politics.

Wahiz December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

If you'd guys like, you could suggest topics for this, and we could pick one. But it would have to be something that wouldn't cause a huge flame war like  Politics or Religion.

Myworld6 December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

What happened to freedom of speech?!

!
Freedom of speech dictates that you can say whatever you like so long as it does not offend others. It does not say you can do it whenever or wherever you want.

AtditC December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

Freedom of speech dictates that you can say whatever you like so long as it does not offend others. It does not say you can do it whenever or wherever you want.
But if I want to discuss politics, I don't think others get hurt by me, only by those who post "bad comments"

Junr December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

But if I want to discuss politics, I don't think others get hurt by me, only by those who post "bad comments"
Some people take politics way too seriously and will affect their mood whatever you say sometimes. If you ever talk politics with someone, beware ~

Crimson_Aught December 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM UTC

I suggest to discuss "Russia did it" meme :D