Avicus Archive

Skin Troubles by San_David February 7, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

I hope that this isn't a spam topic, especially since it's a rather small problem, but I'm utterly baffled on how to fix it.

So, a few days before name changes rolled around, I decided to change my skin from my old James Bond one to my Avatar from Fire Emblem: Awakening (note, not Smash Bros. Major difference, actually). The skin shows up perfectly fine in-game and on sites like Minecraft Skin Viewer, but on Avicus, (and some other Enjin-made sites) the face picture is completely white, and the skin as a whole shows up as Steve.

I have no idea how to fix this, and it'd be great if I could get some help.

resepignev February 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

I'm sure if that helps, but try to join with another version like 1.8? Cuz there are some minecraft skin server troubles in the 1.7.

San_David February 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

I'm sure if that helps, but try to join with another version like 1.8? Cuz there are some minecraft skin server troubles in the 1.7.
I've been using 1.8 for a couple of months now... I'll try 1.7 to see if that helps.

MasterProX February 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

I used to have this issue... try editing your skin file so that all the blank spaces you're not using are transparent, not white. Programs like Microsoft Paint (the default on Windows) only make pixels white when you use the eraser tool; you have to use something more advanced — like Photoshop or, for free, Paint.NET — to get them transparent, if that makes any sense.

San_David February 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM UTC

I used to have this issue... try editing your skin file so that all the blank spaces you're not using are transparent, not white. Programs like Microsoft Paint (the default on Windows) only make pixels white when you use the eraser tool; you have to use something more advanced — like Photoshop or, for free, Paint.NET — to get them transparent, if that makes any sense.
Makes perfect sense. I used to mess around with Paint and Photoshop a couple years ago, I'll use your advice when I can. :D