Avicus Archive

Avicus Revival - *READ* by OPTOBAT April 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
IT IS VITAL THAT YOU PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Okay, I am not sure how many of these posts have been around lately, but I would like to make an official one for this matter.

Before you read any further and view my ideas about what I am here to talk about, please click on and look at this photo below.

http://imgur.com/mHlvqof

I promise you 2 things: that photo is legit/ unedited, and 2: this figure (and similar) were alive around and even less than a year ago.

Avicus, as literally everyone - ESPECIALLY our veterans - know has taken a player decline, pretty much ever since McZone turned to Avicus, but most dramatically/steeply the last several months.

More than likely on the behalf of other people, I would like to spend this post trying to make a solid effort to motivate you all to help me revive the Avicus player count, and if YOU - every single person reading this just does the few things I suggest on this post, we legitimately have a chance of doubling and further (down the road) multiplying our population!

Now let me clear up a few things. From my experience on MC and servers, when you VOTE for a server on whatever website, it slightly pushes the server's recognition up the popularity chain, thus more people seeing it. On the two sites Avicus has to vote on, only ONE of our 25 - 80 players has voted every day this month. ONE, guys...

If we all voted once every day or two, that is already a guaranteed 20-30 more players right there.

So, with so much opportunity and chance and life left in getting Avicus back on it's feet, please continue to read as I list some suggestions that I think are VITAL for us to gain players...

VOTE: As I said, we have hardly anybody voting these days and please, please believe me when I say it helps. It gains recognition and outside curiosity/popularity towards joining. Voting is so, so easy and yet so important at the same time. VOTE. Please!

STAFF STUFF: Look, I am not here to judge our staff, as they are quite literally the backbone and reason this server even exists anymore, BUT, whilst saying that, there are many in game problems that draw the fine line between a visiting/one time player and a permanent Avicadian.

Many of us complain about block lag, lag, hackers, etc. and I know for a fact there was once a time when this was more under control then it is now. Staff: set up meetings, hire more developers/game coders, get more staff, go online just a little more, just put in a little more effort into fixing these little bugs that drive away players, especially players who are used to perfect, polished off servers like Mineplex and Hive and all of that. Make changes! 
The rewards to these extra efforts will come and speak for them selves. 

REVIEWS: Now for you, the one reading this, if you are sick of coming online to just 20-30 people throughout the week, then don't just complain and accept it, you can make just as much difference as the staff! Voting for starters, but also go on popular Minecraft forums and server sites and make a comment! Make a review! Get our name out there.
You don't have to spam the crap out of every site ever hollering for people to get their ass online, just give a quick word about our games, our community, and go to another site some other time and do the same thing!

With these sites, THOUSANDS of people will at least glance at your comment and/or review, which is so much opportunity for new players to come online. 

Honestly in the generous time you have spent reading this, you could have: Voted, left a comment, wrote a 50-100 word review, and upgraded our name in another way.
It is so easy to do so and I, myself will (be continuing to) do it right after this post. Do it!

YOUTUBE: It is self explanatory! Anyone here who owns a YouTube channel can make videos and spread the server's reputation around the web. If all of us who have a gaming channel did this, then SOMEONE has to notice a video right? and your subscribers! Get them to come on line! Be a YouTuber! communicate and create ways (comments, suggestions, videos, etc.) to get people to check us out. I spent over a year on youtube trying to do this and personally got 15+ more people to try out our server. And i didn't even upload that regularly xD

COMMUNITY: Now if there is one thing i KNOW we are notorious for, it is our lively, friendly and vibrant community. When someone new comes online, involve them in the game and make them feel part of the server. Answer their questions and be happy to help them get used to Avicus.
Also swearing and abusing each other in chat isn't exactly "permanent server" attracting. Try to justify what you need to say without the full on explicit crap.

I'm sure we can all think of many other ways to get the server back on it's feet, THINK about how we can do this and act on what I have already suggested. I PROMISE that you and all of us doing these things will increase the players, how do you think that 350+ figure came to be.

The fact is, most of us have given up or gotten lazy, I say it's time for some new energy! I say we find some motivation and get some more players flowing back into Avicus like the good old days. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Oh and to remind you just how much potential this server has going for it (with your help), take one more look at this player count from just LAST YEAR:

http://imgur.com/mHlvqof (and trust me, I've seen it get higher)

Thank you for reading and please help be a part of the revival.

I am going to leave a section below here for any of you who have any extra suggestions for increasing the player count in the comments. I will add your suggestion to the section below.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

NovaLikesPvP April 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

Avicus is actually good in terms of users rn, the only thing they should do rn is announce the Official TM so many other users 'll come..

OPTOBAT April 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

Avicus is actually good in terms of users rn, the only thing they should do rn is announce the Official TM so many other users 'll come..
That's true, but i still do feel like we are better off with more users and have more than one game happening throughout the entire server, but you're right, announcing these things need to happen more too.

Iron April 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

Avicus has grown by like 20 users in the last few days /o/

dev_revs April 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM UTC

That's nothing compared to past player count.

Eteh April 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM UTC

There must be reasons why our player count decreased, so we should review why it happened.

Crimson_Aught April 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM UTC

Look, how i can :D

OPTOBAT April 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM UTC

Even better! :D
I hope to see this again!

NovaLikesPvP April 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM UTC

buen photoshop ermano

Crimson_Aught April 12, 2016 at 3:04 PM UTC

buen photoshop ermano
I used Paint ;)
Pixel by pixel

shahmi April 12, 2016 at 4:04 PM UTC

Honestly avicus has been getting better in my opinion
yesterday we had 150+ players I was so suprised

AtditC April 12, 2016 at 4:04 PM UTC

I can photoshop too

Crimson_Aught April 12, 2016 at 4:04 PM UTC

I can photoshop too
7757/758? I dont believe you :( 
P.S. You forgot to say me your server ip.
Add me on Skype.

ImRaging April 12, 2016 at 6:04 PM UTC

The player count has actually risen alot since a few things have occurred (like OCN updating to 1.9 only (:^))). Also, many great things are coming to Avicus soon, like Atlas and hopefully a tournament within the next few months ;). I think once we get some more unique maps after Atlas is pushed, we could start to get some more interesting events happen. Maybe we could also get the league back up with a new set of maps?

LFT April 12, 2016 at 6:04 PM UTC

For now I don't think anything should be changed besides more advertising of the forums. Very little players go on forums but if you look at OCN's forums they have ATLEAST 10 staff members on it at all times and over a 100 players while maintaining a 200-250 player base. Even though we have lost a good amount of players over the past few months avicus never really had a popular forums and I just feel like that should be different.

Lokigh April 12, 2016 at 7:04 PM UTC

I agree with OPTO <3

Crazy_ April 12, 2016 at 8:04 PM UTC

For now I don't think anything should be changed besides more advertising of the forums. Very little players go on forums but if you look at OCN's forums they have ATLEAST 10 staff members on it at all times and over a 100 players while maintaining a 200-250 player base. Even though we have lost a good amount of players over the past few months avicus never really had a popular forums and I just feel like that should be different.
That's because we have no life over on the OCN forums ;)

Not kidding though, I'm pretty most the people there are AFK. There's been plenty of time where I've looked at the list of online members, and seen the same like 30 people all the time. I for one just leave the forums open and go off and do other things. 

I'm not sure what OCN does differently to make the forums more appealing, but doing that would be great for Avicus. Maybe make more community involved things on the forums (?)

Riilo April 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM UTC

That's because we have no life over on the OCN forums ;)

Not kidding though, I'm pretty most the people there are AFK. There's been plenty of time where I've looked at the list of online members, and seen the same like 30 people all the time. I for one just leave the forums open and go off and do other things. 

I'm not sure what OCN does differently to make the forums more appealing, but doing that would be great for Avicus. Maybe make more community involved things on the forums (?)
Yes but like the 5 people on our forums are mostly afking except DaFrozenBlaze.

ElementalAssasin April 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM UTC

Yes but like the 5 people on our forums are mostly afking except DaFrozenBlaze.
i am one of those afk-ers pls don't hurt me i fna

SamuelJacob9 April 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM UTC

We need to advertise more :/

Numberz_ April 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM UTC

Avicus got too boring and laggy to play, I still vote though.

Avicus got too boring and laggy to play, I still vote though.
I don't see how it is Laggy, but definately got more boring after the omega update. I still vote aswell, sometimes anyway.

Juanooo April 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM UTC

I like how ya'll think having 20 more users per day will make a difference.

Both, Avi and OCN will end up dying sooner or later. Whoever thinks OCN is a big server should quit, we're not gonna get more than 40 users out of them, they're as dead as us.

Numberz_ April 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM UTC

I don't see how it is Laggy, but definately got more boring after the omega update. I still vote aswell, sometimes anyway.
My ping went to the other side of hell plus my pc got too laggy, it was more on NY end the lag issue. Server got boring after prestiges were removed I don't really care about credits.

My ping went to the other side of hell plus my pc got too laggy, it was more on NY end the lag issue. Server got boring after prestiges were removed I don't really care about credits.
There isn't really a goal to reach without prestiges :/

DaFrozenBlaze April 12, 2016 at 11:04 PM UTC

Both, Avi and OCN will end up dying sooner or later. Whoever thinks OCN is a big server should quit, we're not gonna get more than 40 users out of them, they're as dead as us.
The gamemode itself is dead

OPTOBAT April 13, 2016 at 12:04 AM UTC

I can photoshop too
hahahahaha xD

GrapeSmoothie April 13, 2016 at 12:04 AM UTC

define dead

OPTOBAT April 13, 2016 at 12:04 AM UTC

The player count has actually risen alot since a few things have occurred (like OCN updating to 1.9 only (:^))). Also, many great things are coming to Avicus soon, like Atlas and hopefully a tournament within the next few months ;). I think once we get some more unique maps after Atlas is pushed, we could start to get some more interesting events happen. Maybe we could also get the league back up with a new set of maps?
That sounds very exciting actually, I hope it all runs well and more players come :)
Glad to hear this, thanks 

IviFetita April 13, 2016 at 12:04 AM UTC

Minecraft is dead...

NovaLikesPvP April 13, 2016 at 12:04 AM UTC

Every minecraft server 'll die sooner or later.

Juanooo April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

Every minecraft server 'll die sooner or later.
No, solo los de pvp, el resto siempre va a estar lleno por los niños de 7 años que se compran cuentas.

BoldAndBrash April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

There isn't really a goal to reach without prestiges :/
+1

ImNotYourTiger April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

Everyone already knows this m8

We try our best, but in the end it's still not enough. Avicus is full of incompetence and pointless arguing. We have people doing things that drive people away from the server, rather than welcoming them in.

DaFrozenBlaze April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

define dead
People are losing interest in the gamemode in general. It can get quite stale and boring.

BoldAndBrash April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

People are losing interest in the gamemode in general. It can get quite stale and boring.
Yeah, it'd be nice if we had something to achieve. Nobody cares about credits. If something like prestiges could be added it'd be sweet.

MidnightBeats April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

Yeah, it'd be nice if we had something to achieve. Nobody cares about credits. If something like prestiges could be added it'd be sweet.
I'm pretty sure Kylo made it clear prestiges aren't coming back, but I see your point.

Glitchaye April 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM UTC

define dead

Crimson_Aught April 13, 2016 at 9:04 AM UTC

Today I read topic as Avicus Revival *DEAD *
Rip

NovaLikesPvP April 13, 2016 at 10:04 AM UTC

No, solo los de pvp, el resto siempre va a estar lleno por los niños de 7 años que se compran cuentas.
JAJAJAJAJjajKakajshajHJa

Aphelion April 13, 2016 at 5:04 PM UTC

You can't save a sunken ship *sigh*

UneCookie April 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM UTC

Tbh the small community is awesome because all the regulars seem to be really awesome people whereas on servers like ocn they tend to never talk we don't want arse holes on this server leave it be.