Avicus Archive

Don't you have to warn before kicking? by KeewiDood February 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM UTC

Okay so i was on the Mix01 server and i saw Dyeh kicking MasterMindz (Last Punishment Before Excessive Infractions) and then he tempbanned him for excessive infractions. He never warned, he only kicked im straight out. I'm not against Dyeh or anything but i'm just wondering if this is allowed? Dyeh might have done it to get him tempbanned? I know warnings doesn't count so why couldn't he just warn him before kicking? MasterMindz was also banned two days extra....

http://imgur.com/a/7Wy7h
If you want the proof

Passively February 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM UTC

I will explain this really quickly so you can understand.

MasterMindz got a warn in the past few days, the reason is "Please be a good sport".
Then, Dyeh kicked him because he had a warn already for the same reason so he derserved that kick and is valid and if he believes it is unfair he can make an appeal here www.avicus.net/appeal

Verbal Warn -> Warn -> Kick -> Tempban - Ban

kon333 February 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM UTC

I was in game and saw this and also happened to be in ts with dyeh, mastermindz was told to be a good sport before the kick and he was also warned by TylerDotMichael before the kick, it wasnt at the same time but it still followed one another.

KeewiDood February 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM UTC

Well i already knew that but i just thought since it was a few days apart

_DipperPines February 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM UTC

Also, most do have a warm before a kick, but not all

Crazy_ February 14, 2017 at 5:02 PM UTC

Punishments don't expire after only a few days. Since he had a warning a few days prior, the next punishment would be a kick, not a warn.

To give another example, all of your last 3 punishments are still active, and so if you get a punishment for any of those 3 reasons, the punishment would be the next tier (so a temp ban for blocking spawn, a longer temp ban for team grief, and a kick for abusing glitches)

RATTLEWARRIOR February 14, 2017 at 5:02 PM UTC

it dosent matter if you get a warn a few days ago, everything stacks up as if they happened one after another.  https://avicus.net/rattlewarrior#punishments

RATTLEWARRIOR February 14, 2017 at 5:02 PM UTC

I think you shoudlnt question the staff. most of them know what they are doing. Also dont mind other peoples buizness unless they are and irl friend or something alike, not some random.

Myworld6 February 14, 2017 at 5:02 PM UTC

I think you shoudlnt question the staff. most of them know what they are doing. Also dont mind other peoples buizness unless they are and irl friend or something alike, not some random.
The staff generally do know what they are doing, but it doesn't hurt to have community members scrutinising their decisions. =)

TheTNTPotato February 14, 2017 at 8:02 PM UTC

The staff generally do know what they are doing, but it doesn't hurt to have community members scrutinising their decisions. =)
As a staff member, I'd personally like to second this. If it's believed that one of us made a mistake, regardless of whether or not we did, then it's best to voice that opinion in a constructive and respectful way so that if one of us did make a mistake, we can learn from it. Doing that also teaches other staff as well as non-staff what's right and wrong, and teaches staff how to properly respond to the criticism. We're always open to criticism/feedback as long as it is constructive.

To elaborate on what others have said previously:
@OP: Depending on the severity of the infraction, it's possible to skip warns and sometimes even kicks when punishing players. A more obvious example is hacking offences skipping warns, kicks, and even tempbans, but there are more cases of that as well. In this case, you can be warned for being disrespectful and/or a bad sport, but depending on how severe the situation is and how many other rules you're breaking, it's possible to skip the warn and go straight to a kick or even a tempban depending on the offence.

Another exception to the warn -> kick -> etc. punishment flow is previous punishments that the player has received, which others have already previously explained. Depending on what punishments players have received in x amount of time, the punishments that follow will vary, but will still follow that general flow: they're just being given out over a time span greater than, say, a few minutes like most would expect.

TL;DR: It's a punishment guideline. It's there to guide us is when we have to judge which punishment is the most appropriate for the situation. We don't have to strictly follow it, else it wouldn't be a guideline.