Avicus Archive

Life Advice (this helps)! by BourbonBonobo February 28, 2015 at 7:02 AM UTC

Just about one year ago, i joined this server, expecting the greatest Minecraft server experience ever. And it sure was. Avicus became a wonderful place for ke to relax and just enjoy the wonders of the game, as well as make friends on the server, and get to learn new skills; such as PVP, and rushing. 

To many this server is a wonderful place. And boy is it! The point of this discussion is to tell you all about my story. After about 5 or so months, avicus basically started to take over my life. Yes i have to admitt my grades pretty much slumped. I was using so much time to play minecraft, rather than study, and do homework. 

Why am I teling you all this? Well i just want to let you guys know, minecraft shouldnt take up your entire life. It really can destroy you as a person, and as a student. Im not trying to command you guys to quit monecraft, or that minecraft is a horrible thing, however i just want to give you guys some advice.

first off, if you guys have homework to do, do it first. Seriously. I realized that by not doing my homework, i started to not understand the material, and on tests, i would usually fail. My grades over the course of one year dropped from A's to C's. Right now im still trying to dig out of this ditch ive got my self buried into. To say it again, im not trying to alarm you guys about how minecraft is a bad thing, rather that playing it too much, could lead to some nasty consequences. 

Second, if you are one of these struggling people, get some help. Dont just slump down and let bad things happen, you really can fix your grades, because in a matter of three weeks, ive brought up my grades nearly all to A's. Its really surprising what you can do! 

The last part of advice i have for you all, is to be the person you really are. Dont let
video games define you. Not that playing video games are bad, but they can alter the person that you truly are. If you are one of these people who are struggling, and need to get out of this slump of ypur life, use my advice. It really works trust me. If any of you guys need further advice contact my skype at: christian.hartley14 (yes my real name is christian). I love everyone on this server, and wish the best of luck with your lives!

Peace, 

Shamrock <3

SlabSun February 28, 2015 at 9:02 AM UTC

:') *Stands up and claps* Funnily enough, lately I've been on an unintentional 12 day streak of no gaming on teh computer <3. Your advice does help, from what i have noticed when I stopped. Oh and I will contact you soon. I'm having some major issues and Imma need consultation :)

Doppelganger_ February 28, 2015 at 9:02 AM UTC

It's all about self - control.

Howsie February 28, 2015 at 12:02 PM UTC

Eh. You bring up a few interesting points, certainly more applying to the kids of the server, rather then those in late high school and beyond. Grades are not the most important thing in the world, you know. Take me for example. There is a hell of a lot more then my school life that I am worrying about right now, which is the reason why I think your post applies to the kids of the server, more then the adolescents to adults, who deal with a great deal more, imo.

BourbonBonobo February 28, 2015 at 5:02 PM UTC

That is pretty much the main point Howsie!

Jahaj February 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM UTC

I play minecraft most of the time when I am home and get all A's. It's all about procrastination. What I do is play Minecraft/watch YouTube until like 10 pm then do my homework.

RightSide February 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

Well not to be smart or big headed about myself but I'm a normal boy I play football and that's about it but people call me smart and that I have lots of self control and that's mainly what this is about you need to know when to STOP playing or when to realise that your over doing it !

ballzi February 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM UTC

I seriously had social issue problems IRL I didn't really hang around with friends and grades started to slump. Seriously his advice is golden. Minecraft shouldn't take over your life. I learnt that in Year 6 before I went on to Secondary school.

kycrafft February 28, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

You remind me of FightToWin :)

HentieSenpai February 28, 2015 at 10:02 PM UTC

Life advice: Get off your computer. And eat doritos.

BourbonBonobo February 28, 2015 at 11:02 PM UTC

Life advice: Get off your computer. And eat doritos.
Or that :) Doritos are pretty good!

KenjiKido March 1, 2015 at 7:03 PM UTC

One of the best posts and probably the best statement I have heard in forever. Thank you for reminding me! :D

BelgiumWaffles March 1, 2015 at 9:03 PM UTC

I have An hard life but minecraft is THE thing that makes me happy

SWEET_Johny March 1, 2015 at 10:03 PM UTC

I play minecraft most of the time when I am home and get all A's. It's all about procrastination. What I do is play Minecraft/watch YouTube until like 10 pm then do my homework.
Good luck in high school.

BoldAndBrash March 1, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

If you do that in High School, by the time you're finished you'll miss the bus.

Howsie March 1, 2015 at 11:03 PM UTC

That is pretty much the main point Howsie!
What I meant was, there are more important issues then playing games too often. Its a hobby that many relish in, nothing wrong with that.

BourbonBonobo March 2, 2015 at 12:03 AM UTC

Just Don't let minecraft define you

MidnightBeats March 2, 2015 at 12:03 AM UTC

Just Don't let minecraft define you
You shouldn't really let any materialistic thing overall define you...

goldenwalrus909 March 2, 2015 at 1:03 AM UTC

Personally, I only play Minecraft when there's nothing better to do, and I would recommend doing the same. It helps you really balance out life and video games and will surprise you when you find out how much more fun/happy your life is.

BourbonBonobo March 2, 2015 at 2:03 AM UTC

Life is like a wallet, spend your money well.

:P

MasterProX March 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM UTC

Good luck in high school.
Actually, as a junior in high school with straight A's (despite having two AP classes this year), I would like to attribute my success to playing Nebula until three in the morning, at which point I start my homework. It's not like I use life hacks or anything... that's crazy... but on a more serious note, given the intelligence level of the average Avicus player, imitating what I do wouldn't be the smartest idea, to say the least. Prioritize — school (and life in general) first, Avicus afterwards.