Avicus Archive

Community Social Media Applications by Arigenn January 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Community Social Media Applications

General Information

What will your tasks be?

As Community Writer you get access to Avicus' Social Media Platforms, which currently include Twitter and Facebook. You will be put into one of the two social media's, and will be asked to participate in making regular posts on your assigned social media.

Who is the Social Media Team?

We are a team of Avicus players that are in-charge of updating Avicus's social media. This team is run by Arigenn, resepignev, and Spartemex. The purpose of this team is to encourage Avicus players to check out our social media's, and to encourage the social media community to check out Avicus.

Application Format:

• What is your Minecraft in-game name?

• What Timezone do you live in?

• Do you already have Experience with posting on a Social Media Platform?

• Write three detailed paragraphs about how you would contribute to the team.

• Do you have Facebook/Twitter?

• If accepted, which social media would you like to participate in writing for?

Criteria:

• Excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

• Have some experience in posting or using Facebook and Twitter. This is not absolutely required but is a great attribute to have.

• The length of your application. (Don't write a too short or too long application.)

Application Process:

• Step 1: Application - You write your Application and send it to "[email protected]"".

• Step 2: Reviewing - Arigenn, Spartemex, and resepignev are reviewing all applications.

• Step 3: Results - About one week after the Applications close, all applicants get their responses (We try to send them all out on the same day).

• Step 4: Trial - If you are accepted as Community Writer you'll get invited into the slack and you can write your articles.

Schedule:

• January 31st, 2016 - Opening of the Applications.

• February 15th, 2016 - Closing of the Applications.

• February 16th - Transmission of the Results.

Questions:

Do you have Questions? Post them below we will try and answer them.

Note:

This is not an official Staff Rank. Although leaking can result in a ban.

There are only 4 spots open

_Mx_ January 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

When it states "What media would you want to post on" I don't understand the meaning - does it mean Facebook/Twitter etc, or does it mean a specified topic.

Arigenn January 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

When it states "What media would you want to post on" I don't understand the meaning - does it mean Facebook/Twitter etc, or does it mean a specified topic.
What media do you want to post on means, do you want to be on the Twitter or Facebook team? (which social media do you wanna post on)

Porkyyy January 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Sounds really great!
http://prntscr.com/9xdsfy
^ IM SORRY I HAD TO

_Mx_ January 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

What media do you want to post on means, do you want to be on the Twitter or Facebook team? (which social media do you wanna post on)
Ah, thanks! Thanks so much for opening these,

Arigenn January 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM UTC

Sounds really great!
http://prntscr.com/9xdsfy
^ IM SORRY I HAD TO
*grumbles*

Bloodoh January 31, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Posted!

DaFrozenBlaze January 31, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Good luck all!

Crazy_ January 31, 2016 at 10:01 PM UTC

Neato

ThatOneBean January 31, 2016 at 11:01 PM UTC

*grumbles*
Does it have to be three paragraphs? Cause I'm having trouble cause I filled my first two with really important stuff and I don't know what to put in for the third one

Arigenn January 31, 2016 at 11:01 PM UTC

Does it have to be three paragraphs? Cause I'm having trouble cause I filled my first two with really important stuff and I don't know what to put in for the third one
You can split two into three, if they contain enough information. or just make a conclusive paragraph

ThatOneBean January 31, 2016 at 11:01 PM UTC

Sent:D

felipu_feliu February 1, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

:o

Protel February 1, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Looking forward to hearing the feedback, good luck to everyone applying! :)

ImNotYourTiger February 1, 2016 at 1:02 AM UTC

Good luck to everyone!

Acceqted February 1, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

Spends an hour writing an application, then casually deletes it. I'm pretty much dying inside right now.. -,-

ImNotYourTiger February 1, 2016 at 4:02 AM UTC

Spends an hour writing an application, then casually deletes it. I'm pretty much dying inside right now.. -,-
Gg. Wait why'd you delete it after all that effort? lol

DaFrozenBlaze February 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM UTC

Gg. Wait why'd you delete it after all that effort? lol
Probably an accident

hasl February 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM UTC

I'd love to apply, but I'm only familiar with Instagram.

Howsie February 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM UTC

Isn't this something that ought to be done internally?

DaFrozenBlaze February 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM UTC

Some people could be interested

Arigenn February 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

I want the community involved in this.

awesome_apricot February 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM UTC

Ok.

I could help out with this.

Let's be honest though, who's going to write three detailed paragraphs about a bleeding social media position?

And as far as I did it I got little to no recognition. 

The criteria is also a wtf to me.. For someone that regularly uses social media and has managed pages etc, spelling punctuation grammar are important but you're missing something here. Also why would the length of an app be criteria? Ehem, what is a "long application" or a "short" one.. Come on! Give a hint about word count or characters. 

Another thing. Be more imaginative. Make the candidates write a tweet or two as examples - or make them tweet (within the characters) their application. Then they would think like you'd need them to. 

"Application Process" - let's be honest here, it's a bit drawn out here...

Finally (1) please please please, before you state things on an official post about grammar etc, make sure grammar is correct!!11

Ok, I did say that you missed one thing, and that is:

A sense of humour!

Posts need to be funny! You need natural comics to promote a page via social media. Content creation is soooo hard and you need people that can do that.. Gaming related memes etc. Don't ask them to write three paragraphs about why they can be part of the team, make them create content to entertain you, then you'll see the real candidates. People on Facebook don't read articles, if that's what you're looking for. And Twitter's character limit won't allow it too. 

So think about that. As I said i'm more than happy to help.

Howsie February 1, 2016 at 5:02 PM UTC

Some people could be interested
But like...its the avicus social media...the forefront of the company's image...shouldn't you guys just organise a group of trusted staff?

DaFrozenBlaze February 1, 2016 at 10:02 PM UTC

But like...its the avicus social media...the forefront of the company's image...shouldn't you guys just organise a group of trusted staff?
They want to community involved, soooo

Atheyna February 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM UTC

These applications close in 4 days, make sure to get them in as soon as possible!

Arigenn February 16, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

Applications are now closed.

nintendoboy11 February 16, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

Applications are now closed.
Are you guys going to send results this week or are you going to wait until next week?

Arigenn February 16, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

Are you guys going to send results this week or are you going to wait until next week?
Tomorrow :)

Arigenn February 17, 2016 at 12:02 AM UTC

All applications have been given a response, congratulations to those of you that were accepted into the team.

- Eteh
- Theoretical
- CrazyIsCreeps
- _Mx_

Thank you everyone for applying, regards,

AVN Social Media Team