Avicus Archive

Changing teams for EXP. by StewieFG January 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

Hey Avicus players.
I've got bored and started going on Infractions of  people. Then I have found this one:
I've been wondering if switching teams before the game ends for EXP is allowed or not allowed.
I didn't do it for your information, because in my opinion it isn't fair.
However, it isn't saying it's not allowed in the rules, which means you can do it.
I think those punishments should be still given for Teamstackers and people that switch teams for their own EXP.
Opinions?

zero9178 January 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

As much as I know it isn'tallowed  but don't quote me on that

Spoookeh January 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

I don't think it shouldn't be allowed. What's the harm of changing teams halfway through a match?

StewieFG January 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM UTC

As much as I know it isn'tallowed  but don't quote me on that
"As much as I know it isn'tallowed but don't quote me on that" ~zero9178
xD

zero9178 January 18, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

"As much as I know it isn'tallowed but don't quote me on that" ~zero9178
xD
Monster !!!!

AtditC January 18, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Some mods said, it isn't allowed, others said, it is, after I asked them.

(information might not be up-to-date, 2014)

Edit: http://avicus.net/pizza334?tab=infractions sry but I had to do this.
Edit2: Ok, pretty sure it isn't allowed (anymore? idk).

resepignev January 18, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

Some mods said, it isn't allowed, others said, it is, after I asked them.

(information might not be up-to-date, 2014)

Edit: http://avicus.net/pizza334?tab=infractions sry but I had to do this.
Edit2: Ok, pretty sure it isn't allowed (anymore? idk).
I knew it was the infraction of pizza. And it's not allowed to change the team at the end to get the winning exp. It's cheating and only because it doesn't state in the rules, doesn't mean that it's allowed.

Myv January 18, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

To be honest, I think it should be allowed, because you have donated to have the privilege of doing this, so you deserve the exp for that reason.

Dyspa January 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

Section A, Point 8 in the Avicus's rule says that:
"Do not intentionally take advantage of server exploits that give you an advantage of other players. Doing so results in a severe punishment. Instead, we highly encourage you to email [email protected] with details regarding the potential server exploit."
Well, this is similar to abusing your donator or changing teams in the last minute so I think this isn't allowed at all.

kycrafft January 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM UTC

To be honest, I think it should be allowed, because you have donated to have the privilege of doing this, so you deserve the exp for that reason.
You donate to keep the server going, not for the privilege of getting extra xp by joining the winning team.

JKawesome January 19, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

You donate to keep the server going, not for the privilege of getting extra xp by joining the winning team.
We didn't "donate", we bought premium ranks.

PieZ January 19, 2015 at 2:01 AM UTC

Put account sportsmanship. People get called out when they change teams because it isn't very sportsmanship to leave a team for 5 exp that you could get back later

kycrafft January 19, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

We didn't "donate", we bought premium ranks.
And why would you buy a premium rank?

Then ask yourself would TNTTurtles buy a premium rank on Hive?

MLGtino January 19, 2015 at 4:01 AM UTC

When you donate you buy certain privileges. The problem, and the thing that annoys most people, is when players abuse those privileges. This sort of thing as well as team stacking are excellent examples. Like Juano said, it's sorta like exploiting bugs in the sense that you're doing something that wasn't meant to be intended. I'd consider it illegal for the most part.

Da_Baus January 19, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

I see countless donors team switching because they were a low level and it really annoys me.

source_route January 19, 2015 at 6:01 AM UTC

what if u do it to team with a friend.

hasl January 19, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

We bought the rank, so your saying we can't use what we bought? Wow. It may seem a little stupid, but it's something we've got, because we have paid money for it.

kycrafft January 19, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

We bought the rank, so your saying we can't use what we bought? Wow. It may seem a little stupid, but it's something we've got, because we have paid money for it.
Picking which team you want to join is fine. Or even if you leave to join a losing team to balance things out is fine. I have no problem with that. What pisses me off is when someone realizes their team probably won't win and leaves to join the winning team. In a way it's like giving the old team the finger and saying "I'm part of this team now!"

SnowSX3 January 19, 2015 at 7:01 AM UTC

Regardless if you've bought it or not, it's a dick move.
Changing teams just so you can get a little more EXP is just pathetic.

Da_Baus January 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM UTC

I'm sure you didn't pay for the rank just for team switching

JKawesome January 19, 2015 at 10:01 AM UTC

And why would you buy a premium rank?

Then ask yourself would TNTTurtles buy a premium rank on Hive?
"And why would you buy a premium rank?"
So you could have the privileges, including team switching.

"Then ask yourself would TNTTurtles buy a premium rank on Hive?"
No, he wouldn't. How is this relevant?

badgg January 19, 2015 at 11:01 AM UTC

I would punish for it. Yet again, donors wouldn't know when a match finishes unless it's Nexus...

OPTOBAT January 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM UTC

mmmm.. well i think its kind of cheating the order of the game, you know? like exp exists fore to earn and get your independent levels, but changing teams for that reason is not really in spirit of the game, and defeats the purpose of exp, so IMO this shouldn't be allowed, but i would punish it with any more than a kick or two :O

MLGtino January 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM UTC

I would punish for it. Yet again, donors wouldn't know when a match finishes unless it's Nexus...
Really only applies to TDM. Or maybe somebody would switch teams if the opposite team has broken like 4 monuments on Quintus while your team hasn't even destroyed one. It's gonna be obvious who wins, so people might switch for that. Just a thought.

badgg January 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

Really only applies to TDM. Or maybe somebody would switch teams if the opposite team has broken like 4 monuments on Quintus while your team hasn't even destroyed one. It's gonna be obvious who wins, so people might switch for that. Just a thought.
What if players can't join a team (not even donors) if the game is almost over? You can leave, but not join.

StewieFG January 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM UTC

What if players can't join a team (not even donors) if the game is almost over? You can leave, but not join.
Good idea.
I suggest donors would be able to choose their team only at the start of the game, and if they leave they can join back only to the team they were on.
Opinions?

kycrafft January 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

"And why would you buy a premium rank?"
So you could have the privileges, including team switching.

"Then ask yourself would TNTTurtles buy a premium rank on Hive?"
No, he wouldn't. How is this relevant?
TNTTurtles is relevant actually. He wouldn't buy a rank on Hive. Why? He hates the server with a passion. But you must seem to like Avicus, as you've spent a lot of time and effort towards it. So, subconsciously you did pay to keep the server going. Why would you even pay if you didn't like it? But I have to admit that is kind of irrelevant, to he OP, at least. 

The /join command was intended for use pick which team to join when you first got to the game. I don't think it was intended to be used to switch from a losing team to a winning team. That makes it kind of a loophole.

HeedWeed January 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

TNTTurtles is relevant actually. He wouldn't buy a rank on Hive. Why? He hates the server with a passion. But you must seem to like Avicus, as you've spent a lot of time and effort towards it. So, subconsciously you did pay to keep the server going. Why would you even pay if you didn't like it? But I have to admit that is kind of irrelevant, to he OP, at least. 

The /join command was intended for use pick which team to join when you first got to the game. I don't think it was intended to be used to switch from a losing team to a winning team. That makes it kind of a loophole.
Not going to lie, when I wanted to be on a certain colour team I'd just /leave and /join again to get on said team. But switching teams to be on the winning one just sounds silly.

kycrafft January 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Not going to lie, when I wanted to be on a certain colour team I'd just /leave and /join again to get on said team. But switching teams to be on the winning one just sounds silly.
Technically that's kind of a loophole, but it doesn't necessarily help you win or get xp.

MLGtino January 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM UTC

Would that be easy to code?

AtditC January 19, 2015 at 5:01 PM UTC

No, I donated to get XP faster. In deatil, I wanted to reach prestige 1 at Avicade faster than Steven with buying a Diamond upgrade (The Emerald upgrade was just for Avicus :p. (But of course. OF COURSE did he play more after I bought it .-.)

hasl January 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM UTC

To be completely honest it's just a matter of sportsmanship, you either just want cold XP or you want to help your team win a Nebula match.

badgg January 19, 2015 at 8:01 PM UTC

Would that be easy to code?
Yes. I'll bring this up at the admin meeting (:

Da_Baus January 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM UTC

I saw this donor my team change teams because they were winning 2 mons too nothing then I won the game :)

TheMasterClock January 19, 2015 at 10:01 PM UTC

I don't think it is allowed but  you are cheating your EXP which is completely unfair.